Dicks, F&S removing sensitive products

mowin

27 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

They report earning before the market opens on Tuesday.  Some popcorn might be in order.

Their stock has trended up since the announcement and is up YTD. 

I am just stating the obvious, their financials may be in trouble but the policy changes haven’t done a whole lot of damage. 

I could care less honestly, I gave up on big box stores before all of this. It’s just too easy to order online and get something delivered to my front door for cheaper. 

13 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Their stock has trended up since the announcement and is up YTD. 

I am just stating the obvious, their financials may be in trouble but the policy changes haven’t done a whole lot of damage. 

I could care less honestly, I gave up on big box stores before all of this. It’s just too easy to order online and get something delivered to my front door for cheaper. 

Not guns... 

Guess my point is that is hypothetical to only point out Dicks.  Where is the outrage for Walmart.  Look I was the same guy that said " I'm not going to Dicks anymore" . But that was easy I dont shop there anyway.  But to take a hard stance against dicks and not others like Walmart because they sell cheap groceries isn't taking a stance. It's taking a convenient one.  Are you gonna start shopping at dicks if they decide to sell cheap groceries?  

I could care less if they stop stocking ARs . That is not a restriction to your 2A ammendent rights.  It's no different than deciding not to stock a single shot shotgun. The restriction to 2A is the 21 and older. And Walmart is restricting far more Americans with this move since they are the leading firearms seller in the US.   

I will still shop at Walmart and still not ship at Dicks cause I don't anyway.  But all the outrage at Dicks is way over placed, when Walmart and others are doing the exact same thing.  "Search ypur feelings Luke, you know it to be true"

And I dislike these moves as much as anyone.  But also being realistic and honest that I will shop at Walmart with that same policy as Dicks.

47 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Would disagree.  No matter what they sell it's still the same restriction to a constitutional right.  And Walmart sells more guns than Dicks.  It's the largest retail firearm seller in the US last I knew. 

To boycott dicks and not Walmart is just choosing what is convenient.  Look I agree and am not happy about it.  I don't buy anything at dicks anyway so that's easy .  But I can't boycott Walmart . Don't like it for sure but still gonna shop there.  To choose just dicks to boycott and not Walmart is just the easy way out.  

But by the end of April I am willing to bet it is a moot point.  Ny legislation will be passed for 21 If not federal. 

I am not debating if it’s wrong or right because we all know it is unconstitutional. As for boycotting one and not the other, one has to draw a line some where. If we as gun owners/ sportsman boycotted every company that disagreed with what we believe in , well we would have to pretty much go back and live like we did in the 1800s  and be 100% self sufficient. 

13 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I am not debating if it’s wrong or right because we all know it is unconstitutional.

I don’t recall the part of the constitution that says Dicks has to sell guns to anyone under 21. 

If they said we won’t sell to gay white men then you would have a case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doewhacker said:

I don’t recall the part of the constitution that says Dicks has to sell guns to anyone under 21. 

If they said we won’t sell to gay white men then you would have a case. 

Well guess it depends on how you want to decipher, will not be infringed on. To me this is infringement.. 

Edited by rob-c

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Guess my point is that is hypothetical to only point out Dicks.  Where is the outrage for Walmart.  Look I was the same guy that said " I'm not going to Dicks anymore" . But that was easy I dont shop there anyway.  But to take a hard stance against dicks and not others like Walmart because they sell cheap groceries isn't taking a stance. It's taking a convenient one.  Are you gonna start shopping at dicks if they decide to sell cheap groceries?  

I could care less if they stop stocking ARs . That is not a restriction to your 2A ammendent rights.  It's no different than deciding not to stock a single shot shotgun. The restriction to 2A is the 21 and older. And Walmart is restricting far more Americans with this move since they are the leading firearms seller in the US.   

I will still shop at Walmart and still not ship at Dicks cause I don't anyway.  But all the outrage at Dicks is way over placed, when Walmart and others are doing the exact same thing.  "Search ypur feelings Luke, you know it to be true"

And I dislike these moves as much as anyone.  But also being realistic and honest that I will shop at Walmart with that same policy as Dicks.

Walmart hasnt been making a public push for gun control. Thats my big problem with DSG. They can choose to sell whatever they want to whomever they want for all I care. I think its a dumb move on their part, but actively pushing for legislation? That to me is a problem.

• Like 1

Look up Senate Bill Hr4909 it's a gun ban in disguise iraqvet8888 has a video up on YouTube about it not many people are catching on to it because it is worded as a school protection bill...I just thought I should throw this out there to people

Edited by silent death

46 minutes ago, silent death said:

IAM really thinking about buying reloading equitmant I see the slippery slope coming

I started loading back when the safe act  was instituted. Best thing I ever did , do it you won’t regret it .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Walmart hasnt been making a public push for gun control. Thats my big problem with DSG. They can choose to sell whatever they want to whomever they want for all I care. I think its a dumb move on their part, but actively pushing for legislation? That to me is a problem.

Walmart as the largest retailer in the US is making a legislative push by saying this.  They even reference "we go above and beyond federal law" in statement. https://news.walmart.com/2018/02/28/walmart-statement

I agree with you here.  But just seems a lot of people are eviscerating Dicks and don't say a word to their buddy walmart cause we all like and use Walmart.  Dicks is an easier target cause honestly we dont use them as much.  And the NRA agrees. The suit they filed was against the 21 age.  

Again all a moot point in the next 60days I am sure.  Be hopeful thats all that enacted in legislation is a 21 restriction.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish

3 hours ago, Jdubs said:

Results from an online survey should be taken with a grain of salt.  For example, YouGov's survey data was on the wrong side of Brexit.  I'm not saying dismiss it altogether, just that one survey shouldn't be taken as gospel.

Dick's has bigger problems as evidenced by their plunging stock price.  It's not as if taking another loss by clearing the shelves of AR's and ammo will benefit their bottom line.  Wonder what that will look like in the next earnings release.  

Dicks stock has not been down in three months in fact its up ..

D89BB0C2-BEDB-48A6-9C5E-D36C63E91371.jpeg

Edited by Bowshotmuzzleloader

Dicks is a sporting goods store as I said before this wont hurt them,, they sell way more than guns and also as said before people talk a tough game but as soon as there wife drags them to the store they will be back buying...

Im not supporting them the people who ban the store will not have any significant difference on the sales,,, if you think they didn’t have a meeting about this before they made this decision and way the odds you need to wake up ..

5 hours ago, mowin said:

American flag patches because they may be concerned offensive.  

Interesting because Obama said the same thing about wearing an American flag pin while he was campaigning.  

Obama probably did not want to offend his know terrorist friend Bill "The Weathermen" Ayers whose organization murdered two college professors.  the same Obama who went around apologizing for America to our enemies.  The same Obama who colluded with Vladimir Putin who whispered to him to wait until after the election!  The same Obama who never ordered a retaliatory strike against those who murdered four Americans including a US ambassador and destroyed the US Embassy in Benghazi, Libya.

And they call the National Rifle Association a terrorist organization?  More proof how serious the mental illness problem is in America.

I would say that mowin , the OP, has a buddy that just might be full of crap . I called the DSG in Webster and spoke to the guy in the gun department . He said that they sell 223 ammo and have about 2000 rounds on the shelves if I wanted any . As for the 5.11 tactical clothing , they havn't had that in the Webster store in two years because it wasn't a seller . Very little demand for it . He did state that they no longer carry 7.62X39 ammo that is used in the AK47 rifles . 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I would say that mowin , the OP, has a buddy that just might be full of crap . I called the DSG in Webster and spoke to the guy in the gun department . He said that they sell 223 ammo and have about 2000 rounds on the shelves if I wanted any . As for the 5.11 tactical clothing , they havn't had that in the Webster store in two years because it wasn't a seller . Very little demand for it . He did state that they no longer carry 7.62X39 ammo that is used in the AK47 rifles . 

Not full of crap.  I was at the store a few days later.  Not a single 223 round to be found.  Store has always had a large selection of 511.  Only thing I found was there belts.  

I just bought some sneakers, might have picked them up at Dicks to gain score card points in the past. I bought directly from Nike this time.

I’d have done the same in the past too. Heck 4 pairs over the winter for the family. 3 boys all getting into sports and they won’t get a dime. My plan going forward is online or small shops

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

None of the big box stores account for much in gun sales overall .

According Southwick’s research, 12 percent of modern sporting rifles, like the AR-15, are purchased from outdoor specialty retailers. Traditional rifles, or hunting rifles, are purchased from such stores 22.7 percent of the time, according to 2017 data. A majority of gun sales take place at mom and pop stores. A smaller number of sales happen at gun shows, according to Southwick's.