Dicks, F&S removing sensitive products

mowin

1 hour ago, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

Dicks stock has not been down in three months in fact its up ..

D89BB0C2-BEDB-48A6-9C5E-D36C63E91371.jpeg

Well, if you want to split hairs, DKS is down a bit over the latest month since Parkland while the S&P 500 is up .  It's not like the stock gapped up 20% on the CEO's controversial announcement.  Personally, I think it was a desperate publicity grab to attract buyers, but the fact stands that if you owned this stock since $50-$52, you're pissed. 

*Disclaimer: I do not own any positions for or against DKS and my comments are purely for entertainment purposes only. xD

• Like 3

I just called DSG in Henrietta . He said that they have plenty of 223 ammo on the shelves and they havn't sold the 5.11 tactical clothing in a couple years as it wasn't moving . Might be that they don't trust the folks around Latham with 223 ammo . :pleasantry:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rob-c said:

I started loading back when the safe act  was instituted. Best thing I ever did , do it you won’t regret it .

Was thinking of starting to  hand load  my self a lot lately can you still get all the components to load by mail or do you have to ship to a FFL  for things like primers and powder ?

1 hour ago, Wilderness said:

Interesting because Obama said the same thing about wearing an American flag pin while he was campaigning.

Not for nothing he didn’t say that and he actually explained how he felt wearing a pin is a lame excuse for true patriotism, now stay on topic. 

Plus who cares he hasn’t been president for a long time and the current administration is a greater threat to 2a that Obama ever was. 

9 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Was thinking of starting to  hand load  my self a lot lately can you still get all the components to load by mail or do you have to ship to a FFL  for things like primers and powder ?

Powder is expensive to ship. Best bet to find a shop that sells it and see if they have what you want. I had all of my reloading gear shipped and bought most components in a shop. 

• Like 1

I was at F$S in Henrietta last week . They had the ammo boxes and also the 20 round boxes on the shelves .

I just got off the phone with Jeff at the DICKs  / F&S store in Latham ( 518-213-3478 ) . He said that have plenty of 223 ammo in the stores . He also said that they have plenty of 5.11 tactical clothing as they are near a Police Academy and they also have the US flag patches . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I do like some 5.11 gear. I get it through a clothing allowance at work.

Don't know  anyone who ever bought it from Dicks, mostly uniform shops , or,ordered , seems an odd fit for a sporting goods store .

16 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Powder is expensive to ship. Best bet to find a shop that sells it and see if they have what you want. I had all of my reloading gear shipped and bought most components in a shop. 

Lucky for me that I am less than 20 miles from Beikirch's and they have a good supply of powder .

11 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I was at F$S in Henrietta last week . They had the ammo boxes and also the 20 round boxes on the shelves .

I just got off the phone with Jeff at the DICKs  / F&S store in Latham ( 518-213-3478 ) . He said that have plenty of 223 ammo in the stores . He also said that they have plenty of 5.11 tactical clothing as they are near a Police Academy and they also have the US flag patches . 

So basically this whole thread was for nothing. Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Lucky for me that I am less than 20 miles from Beikirch's and they have a good supply of powder .

I have a place nearby that I use that has always been good, Franks Gun shop. 

Edit to add even when it was impossible to find ammo and difficult to find components they had it. 

Edited by Doewhacker
  • Like 1

Well, I was at the store last week.  Not a single 223.  Didn't ask why.   Now maybe it's a regional thing. Latham is next to Albany. 

Might have to swing by later in the week to check things out. Could be they decided to put the 223 back on the shelves, as they sell 223 bolt action rifles

2 hours ago, Storm914 said:

You can order on line  ( no safe act restrictions ) but I buy all my powder and primers local,  just because I don’t want to pay for the hazmat fees. 

• Thanks 1

So, am I to understand that some people made calls to the F/S in Latham and were informed that they had plenty of .223 ammo, while the OP says they have stopped selling it? 

Looks like I'll be making a couple calls in the AM.

Edited by Rob...
spelling

15 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

Quote from article: "Public perception of Walmart (WMT) and Dick’s Sporting Goods (DKS) improved after both retailers imposed new restrictions on gun sales".

Well, that is all very nice, so now the public thinks they are all nice people....But what about paying customers? What do they think? These people fail to understand that their income does not come from " the good will of the public", but rather from cash carrying sportsmen and women. They have forgotten that their purpose is to make money, not good public images. We need to get through this cycle of corporations committing suicide in the name of political correctness. I suppose this nonsense will cure itself once enough of then wind up in the trash-heap because of their stupidity. That can't happen soon enough to suit me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Walmart as the largest retailer in the US is making a legislative push by saying this.  They even reference "we go above and beyond federal law" in statement. https://news.walmart.com/2018/02/28/walmart-statement

I agree with you here.  But just seems a lot of people are eviscerating Dicks and don't say a word to their buddy walmart cause we all like and use Walmart.  Dicks is an easier target cause honestly we dont use them as much.  And the NRA agrees. The suit they filed was against the 21 age.  

Again all a moot point in the next 60days I am sure.  Be hopeful thats all that enacted in legislation is a 21 restriction.  

Saying that they "go above and beyond" is not the same as what Dicks has done. They have been outright calling for an assault weapons ban, among other things.

15 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Not sure for how long Eddie.  When I was in there last, I was told that they planned to stop carrying loading supplies.

22 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

It’s on like never before .

Dicks is a sneaker store, I’ve read that around ten percent of their sales is from guns/ hunting ,now losing foot traffic from folks looking for guns and hunting stuff, who,now don’t by sneakers and over priced clothes may have some affect . But I don’t not expect much .

I'm hoping they take where it hurts the worse, in the pocket book obviously.

2 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Not sure for how long Eddie.  When I was in there last, I was told that they planned to stop carrying loading supplies.

Yup and they already closed their P.A. store about 1 year ago. They were just over the border for me and I stopped in there to buy my powder and reloading supplies. Really sucks I love shopping at their stores.