Dicks, F&S removing sensitive products

mowin

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Try getting rid of that snap swivel and wacky rig them using these hooks. Youll only find them at Walmart, and they are cheap. You can do the same thing with a creature. You can thank me later...

Capture.JPG

I have had good success with bare 2/0 rigged weedless like you pictured. The weightless gives them a slow fall, just let it hit the water and wait. Once it hits the bottom slowly lift the rod tip. Not takers repeat process. I have used a 1/4oz worm weight in front if throwing around pads. Also try to work a Spro frog in black across pads and thru pencil reeds they will explode on the top water. Lots of fun in the summer.

Spro frog:

https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/product/details?pdesc=SPRO-Bronzeye-Frog-60-Topwater-Bait&i=231878&cvsfa=2586&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3233313837384d574b323133&s_kwcid=adwords__&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7Z3VBRC-ARIsAEQifZRKhlWB30-CcTMlxcXYn5MwRQ4QgwcoNwOwLRUYWv6NMACKbOUZxfQaAg2dEALw_wcB

42 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

I have had good success with bare 2/0 rigged weedless like you pictured. The weightless gives them a slow fall, just let it hit the water and wait. Once it hits the bottom slowly lift the rod tip. Not takers repeat process. I have used a 1/4oz worm weight in front if throwing around pads. Also try to work a Spro frog in black across pads and thru pencil reeds they will explode on the top water. Lots of fun in the summer.

Spro frog:

https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/product/details?pdesc=SPRO-Bronzeye-Frog-60-Topwater-Bait&i=231878&cvsfa=2586&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3233313837384d574b323133&s_kwcid=adwords__&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7Z3VBRC-ARIsAEQifZRKhlWB30-CcTMlxcXYn5MwRQ4QgwcoNwOwLRUYWv6NMACKbOUZxfQaAg2dEALw_wcB

Having the weight placed on the hook with a wacky rig gives it a whole different action. The weight is extremely light, like 2 grams, so they slowly kind of flutter down, they do not sink fast at all.

I havent had a ton of luck with Spro frogs, although I always have a few in my bag. For topwater I generally use the Rapala Skitter Pops, BPS frog Poppers and sometimes a Moss Mouse. Buzz baits do pretty well on occasion as well.

24 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Having the weight placed on the hook with a wacky rig gives it a whole different action. The weight is extremely light, like 2 grams, so they slowly kind of flutter down, they do not sink fast at all.

I havent had a ton of luck with Spro frogs, although I always have a few in my bag. For topwater I generally use the Rapala Skitter Pops, BPS frog Poppers and sometimes a Moss Mouse. Buzz baits do pretty well on occasion as well.

Have you given any x-rap prop baits or similar a try? I have had good success with those on calm mornings over shallow holes. With the spro frogs run the larger size and work them the outside 4' of pads or pencil reeds. I have only had success with them in those 2 places. I use senkos everywhere else throwing up close to docks on pad edges.

7 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Have you given any x-rap prop baits or similar a try? I have had good success with those on calm mornings over shallow holes. With the spro frogs run the larger size and work them the outside 4' of pads or pencil reeds. I have only had success with them in those 2 places. I use senkos everywhere else throwing up close to docks on pad edges.

Yeah I have a couple of prop baits, but I like buzz baits better than those. They sit in the box, dry as a bone most years.

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Try getting rid of that snap swivel and wacky rig them using these hooks. Youll only find them at Walmart, and they are cheap. You can do the same thing with a creature. You can thank me later...

Capture.JPG

Oh yeah. Been getting these hooks at wally world for a few years now, to use with the Senko's. The combination is absolutely amazing!

Next best thing to Senko's, is the BPS Stick O Worms! Much more cost effective, especially when bought in the bulk packs, and seem to work almost as well!

But if I'm fishing a tournament, it's only Senko's for me, if I'm tossing those type worms. I think they have a higher salt content, than other look alikes.

Here is another tip. Look for isolated grass clumps off the main weedline in deeper water. Dropshot a wacky Senko in 12 to 16 feet of water, onto and around, those clumps. And hang on! Works anywhere there is grass and milfoil. Try a 'smoke with large black flake'.  Oh yeah.........and keep it to yourselves!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, grampy said:

Oh yeah. Been getting these hooks at wally world for a few years now, to use with the Senko's. The combination is absolutely amazing!

Next best thing to Senko's, is the BPS Stick O Worms! Much more cost effective, especially when bought in the bulk packs, and seem to work almost as well!

But if I'm fishing a tournament, it's only Senko's for me, if I'm tossing those type worms. I think they have a higher salt content, than other look alikes.

Here is another tip. Look for isolated grass clumps off the main weedline in deeper water. Dropshot a wacky Senko in 12 to 16 feet of water, onto and around, those clumps. And hang on! Works anywhere there is grass and milfoil. Try a 'smoke with large black flake'.  Oh yeah.........and keep it to yourselves!

Yep, I do that as well, in the weeds. The colors I usually use are the Bama Bug, Baby Bass, Pumpkin and Watermelon. I have a bag of Chartuse with green flake that I picked up on sale last year, just havent used them yet. When Gander Mountain was still around, their brand stick worms were awesome, work just as well as Senkos for alot less. It was the only thing I went there to buy with any regularity.

My buddy has molds and makes them as well. He uses quite a bit of salt in his, plus adds short hairs on one end. The bass love them.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Yep, I do that as well, in the weeds. The colors I usually use are the Bama Bug, Baby Bass, Pumpkin and Watermelon. I have a bag of Chartuse with green flake that I picked up on sale last year, just havent used them yet. When Gander Mountain was still around, their brand stick worms were awesome, work just as well as Senkos for alot less. It was the only thing I went there to buy with any regularity.

My buddy has molds and makes them as well. He uses quite a bit of salt in his, plus adds short hairs on one end. The bass love them.

I like June bug color the best for largemouth and natural shad for the smallies.   

With the yum version I like bama majic and the pumpkin with chartreuse end.

Man you guys got me wanting to bass fish!  Went thru my lures over the weekend and inventory on the soft plastics....these senkos are ready!

rps20180313_114846.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2

On 3/12/2018 at 2:59 AM, Doc said:

Quote from article: "Public perception of Walmart (WMT) and Dick’s Sporting Goods (DKS) improved after both retailers imposed new restrictions on gun sales".

Well, that is all very nice, so now the public thinks they are all nice people....But what about paying customers? What do they think? These people fail to understand that their income does not come from " the good will of the public", but rather from cash carrying sportsmen and women. They have forgotten that their purpose is to make money, not good public images. We need to get through this cycle of corporations committing suicide in the name of political correctness. I suppose this nonsense will cure itself once enough of then wind up in the trash-heap because of their stupidity. That can't happen soon enough to suit me.

it's a feel good crock of sh*t. if they really were concerned with public safety they'd stop selling handguns. they lead stats in guns used for crime and killing. i went in the latham store when this went down in they had no intentions of removing any of the Glocks or numerous other handguns that lined the cases around the whole department.  they just removed most all semi-auto rifles and turned around all the tactial bolt guns so the wall still looked tactical without seeing a manual bolt on everyone. they still even had a mini-14 on the rack.  again feel good pandering.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I like June bug color the best for largemouth and natural shad for the smallies.   

With the yum version I like bama majic and the pumpkin with chartreuse end.

Man you guys got me wanting to bass fish!  Went thru my lures over the weekend and inventory on the soft plastics..

rps20180313_114846.jpg

Yeah this is getting me a bit hyped up for the water to open up! Im gonna end up sitting around going through my tackle bag this weekend lol.

My buddy bought a new bass boat at the end of last year. He just bought a linked bottom and side scan setup for it. Ill probably be at his place helping him install it as soon as it comes in. One thing his new boat has, that I would highly recommend after using them, are power poles. It sure is nice to get into a spot, drop those in and stay firmly planted not having to use the trolling motor. Plus if you want to stay there, but just adjust the angle of the boat, pull one up, leave the other in and use the trolling motor to spin on a dime, then drop the second pole back in when you have it where you want it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

agree that is a nice store - was there 2 weeks ago.  Prices are better than bass pro too.  Was at bass pro Utica last weekend - $8.79 for a package of Senkos... thats nuts . 

I get the Bass Pro knockoffs. They are less expensive and you get a couple more in the pack than the yamamoto's

years ago i bought a boat load of KVD soft plastics infused with coffee and salt clearance out so much they practically gave them away. all shapes and sizes. i've been using them from small adirondack ponds to bigger lakes, even out in lake oneida.  i got them from dick's.  there's options out there other than Dick's when i run out but that won't be soon.

1 hour ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

The company's CEO also said recent changes to its firearm policies, ending the sale of guns to anyone under 21, will hurt future sales and may cause fewer shoppers to come to its stores.

interesting... because i don't think that was their tone iirc when they announced it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Belo said:

The company's CEO also said recent changes to its firearm policies, ending the sale of guns to anyone under 21, will hurt future sales and may cause fewer shoppers to come to its stores.

interesting... because i don't think that was their tone iirc when they announced it.

If I had to guess as soon as the heat of that shooting fades away  and there sales go to crap they will change that rule back to 18 again .

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

If I had to guess as soon as the heat of that shooting fades away  and there sales go to crap they will change that rule back to 18 again .

no i don't think so. This is like any gun or controversial policy. It's very hard to push through but once through almost impossible to reverse. I don't ever see anything changing with the safe act. It's why i can sympothize with the "dont give an inch" crowd.

20 hours ago, Belo said:

Well the CEO and owner are not the same person. The owner(s) are what wanted the policy change and I am sure they heard from upper management that it wasn't a good idea but didn't care because they are high and mighty business owner.

15 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Well the CEO and owner are not the same person. The owner(s) are what wanted the policy change and I am sure they heard from upper management that it wasn't a good idea but didn't care because they are high and mighty business owner.

dicks is publicly traded. the stock owners are the owners. the ceo only reports to the board.