Live From The Water 2018 Edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Great video!  The young anglers are getting it done!  So cool!  You run a tight ship there C'pn !  Well organized, nice boat!
Thank you! And yes, I was mentored by someone with OCD on the boat so I try to keep it clean so when the action happens there's nothing in the way but you and the fish. I watch this video and see about a million things I should do different though, lol.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Got out today after my last final. I was bsing with some guys instead of actually fishing so I missed some decent fishing, but I did get one nice eater blue. I’m torn between going for strippers tomorrow and goin for blues. IMG_7191.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely strippers ! Bring lots of singles and wear sweatpants  :pleasantry:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Got out today after my last final. I was bsing with some guys instead of actually fishing so I missed some decent fishing, but I did get one nice eater blue. I’m torn between going for strippers tomorrow and goin for blues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice blue ...they are fun fishing for with a bass pole and gotcha plugs

Edited by silent death
  • Like 1

Best bet is windmills in 30 to 40 if during the day. Just got off the ramp with a few eyes I expected to limit quick but managed 5 and called it a night. Might be done with night and start on the day bite. Best best is harnesses on bottom bouncers or a three way rig. Good luck tc 

• Like 4

Best bet is windmills in 30 to 40 if during the day. Just got off the ramp with a few eyes I expected to limit quick but managed 5 and called it a night. Might be done with night and start on the day bite. Best best is harnesses on bottom bouncers or a three way rig. Good luck tc 
Seemed like a short night season? When temp does the water need to hit for the action to pick up at night. I live only a few miles away from hoaks and only saw a few nights the boats were loaded in their thick.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

Seemed like a short night season? When temp does the water need to hit for the action to pick up at night. I live only a few miles away from hoaks and only saw a few nights the boats were loaded in their thick.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

When I read a minimum of 50 at the surface I will start fishing the shallows at night, I believe 53 or so is prime time. I was actually reading 55 surface yesterday and the fish were definitely still there but the bite wasn't what I expected. It's been a decent start to the season with only three trips out for my boat so far, I'd say there was an easy 75 trucks left in the lot when I pulled out at 1130. 

Went to dinner with some friends last night at Dos Amigos on the lake.  We had pre and post dinner beers on the decklots of boats fishing even when we left around 9:30pm.  Didn't appear to be trolling, maybe just drifting??

Forgot to mention anyone with little ones who wants to have a good time buy a few dzn crawlers and head behind abbots ice cream (Denny's) in canandaigua. We must have hit 100 sunfish and a pike in hr or so last night. Went thru 2 dz crawlers in a hurry lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk