Live From The Water 2018 Edition!

WNYBuckHunter

9 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Tell me about it! I’ve got projects stacked up for days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hope you see some water soon.  Was out fishing with a buddy today and we were talking how it's only 4 months til deer season 

We are fishing again tomorrow!  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, grampy said:

Been one thing after another for me. Still have the winter cover on my boat! Hope to get her ready for water tomorrow.........after I get the grass cut. Roll eyes........

" It wouldn't change the course of fate, if cuttin the grass just had to wait" - Toby Keith

• Like 3

11 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Tell me about it! I’ve got projects stacked up for days

I feel your pain.  Since I started my own business, I don't think I have fished open water more than 6 times.  I can ice fish as much as I want, but my spinning rods are just collecting dust in the basement..

• Like 1

Limit of eyes and some perch.  Got lost in the land of 14" walleyes for a while and had to keep letting them go.. lol.  Must've caught 10 shorts.  Caught 2 other keepers but not big enough to cull.  

22' of water was the magic number.  Not 21, not 23.... But it seemed as soon as I hit it in 3 different spots there were fish. 

Fishing buddy Corey wasn't feeling well so he didn't make it this morn. 

rps20180603_124113.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 10

I feel your pain.  Since I started my own business, I don't think I have fished open water more than 6 times.  I can ice fish as much as I want, but my spinning rods are just collecting dust in the basement..

My boats getting a workout at Keuka next weekend finally.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Trout? Perch? Whatever bites?

Smallies will be hot, for C/R....  Hopefully some perch and rockies to filet for supper...Bluegills should be bedding, for lots of  shallow water action, and more luscjous filets, if the boys want to clean them...I'd also like to try jig up a laker or two for TC and me...A few years ago it would be a slam dunk,  but since the sawbellies tanked,  jigging lakers is a bit more hit/miss than it used to be....

Smallies have got to be in the shallows soon.  It's always been memorial weekend you could just lite em up, but this year they still haven't bedded.  After pike fishing checked out the shallows and fish weren't even bedding yet.  Caught some small males along the way but usually can get on them in 15 minutes of fishing some regular spots.  The year is so far behind to start but it has made for some good walleye fishing.  

Good luck!   Jigging lakers sounds like a great time for sure .  Hope they are hitting for you.  

Launched at the river and fished the hill. Tough bite. Barely marked a fish. 6 in the boat, lost 2 good ones. Got my cousin his first king while trolling so it was a good day. Battled boats in the am and 5-6-7'ers on the ride in. New found respect for how well the boat handles the nasty stuff...

aaad32c241d5818fcb6ba68ffb3d1005.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Friend sent me pics of this. Musky attacked a kid swimming in the grass river in canton on June 2. Actually 3rd attack this year. Buddy caught a 22” walleye to have it get chomped and fought musky for 10-15 minutes. Has video Eye came back shredded. He guessed musky to be 5’+. He soon after caught a 40” and another followed his giant fly on fly rod. Sounds like Jeremy Wade is needed. Watched him have a good sized smallie in same stretch get munched by a big musky Crazy stuff a682af5a0fccc7f60b1913628cef0294.jpg9fcf7523cac7cd8f24526d2176a4e83b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

wowwow!!!!!  that was some great timing on the photo!!!   Ive caught some tigers but only one undersize real musky.  I had one once take a rock bass in the st. lawrence like that as well.  Very cool.  

not so cool for the poor guy that got bit.  Its spawning season for them - i wonder if he stepped onto their spot.  

• Like 1