Live From The Water 2018 Edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Had to work for a limit today even got one on the sonar!!!   Lol.  

And got the biggest cat I've ever got.  6lb test took like 15 minutes .  Great fight.  

Fishing buddy Corey didn't get a fish.  He had a walleye on. Wind kept changing and then just died to glass. Made it tough today.  

rps20180612_115906.jpg

rps20180612_120023.jpg

• Like 10

Where you at? Looks nice. Good luck.

Thompson's Lake.

Only public area I had to fish ( that I found ) was left of the beach area. It was super shallow. Fished for two hours and all succeeded in doing was feeding the blue gills a dozen nightcrawlers. The next time I head over there I will hopefully rent a row boat and get to the deeper water.

I did throw a Mepps #2 red and white a few times and a plastic jig a few times, nothing but seaweed.

Saw and eagle ( 90% sure ), took pics but don't know if they came out.

Still enjoyed being out.

I did remember why I don't camp there anymore, super small sites and too close to each other.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Rob... said:

Thompson's Lake.

Only public area I had to fish ( that I found ) was left of the beach area. It was super shallow. Fished for two hours and all succeeded in doing was feeding the blue gills a dozen nightcrawlers. The next time I head over there I will hopefully rent a row boat and get to the deeper water.

I did throw a Mepps #2 red and white a few times and a plastic jig a few times, nothing but seaweed.

Saw and eagle ( 90% sure ), took pics but don't know if they came out.

Still enjoyed being out.

I did remember why I don't camp there anymore, super small sites and too close to each other.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Thought it looked familiar. ......hehehe, I grew up there. Next time go to the public launch site. By the old hotel. Walk to the right as you face the lake and go to the rocks. Much deeper there and the bullheads bite most times. Also good chance for a bass or even a trout there too. Some big ones in that lake! If you go in a boat, pm me, and I'll give up some spots to fish.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, grampy said:

Thought it looked familiar. ......hehehe, I grew up there. Next time go to the public launch site. By the old hotel. Walk to the right as you face the lake and go to the rocks. Much deeper there and the bullheads bite most times. Also good chance for a bass or even a trout there too. Some big ones in that lake! If you go in a boat, pm me, and I'll give up some spots to fish.

I walked out pretty close to the boat launch. A few "young men" in kayaks doing what they do nowadays about 150 yards from the launch area, so turned back. I was just before the jutt left of the launch. Our plan was to rent a boat for me today, but here the wind was howling, over there only a slight breeze ( same when we got home ). So made the call to forgo the boat rental at home, and didn't take rods for boat fishing, just my ultra light gear. I know, I know, a big fish landed on ultra light gear is a huge accomplishment.

It was still a great couple of hours. I uploaded the pics of the eagle to my PC to look at closer, it just looks like a brown and white dot.

I will take you up on that offer Dave. Once the bass season opens, that's my target fish. Always willing to hear about a few good spots. 

Edited by Rob...
  • Like 1

Not live yet, but getting excited for our week on onieda, starting Saturday. Gonna be an eye, tigers and perch program. I'll assume the "bass" guys will be on all the hotspots so I'll stick to trolling. Anybody with current reports they care to share, I'm all ears. If not, me and the kids will figure it out or kill a pile of bait trying !!! Stay tuned for pics

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Not live yet, but getting excited for our week on onieda, starting Saturday. Gonna be an eye, tigers and perch program. I'll assume the "bass" guys will be on all the hotspots so I'll stick to trolling. Anybody with current reports they care to share, I'm all ears. If not, me and the kids will figure it out or kill a pile of bait trying !!! Stay tuned for pics

Where you launching out of?   

It's been a great walleye spring for sure.  I've been doing well in 22 ft of water .   Haven't tuned into the perch yet but hoping to.   

You'll see the groups out there all fishing in same area .....dont be fooled they aren't all catchin fish most of the time.  It seems like people think they are and keep joining to find out they aren't.  Lol.   Cracks me up everytime

Been getting the eyes on spinner and worms rigs.  Perch colors have been the best.  Good luck

I will be on Oneida too first thing sat morn...

Oh and you mentioned tigers..... Have you caught them out there before?

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Staying / docked just west of Lewis point in messengers bay. I'm gonna troll till i find an active group or if my graph tells me otherwise. I have never been there before but I intend to cover some water in that week. Just looking to get the kids on some jigging action and to catch lunch and dinner. Love the musky program and I have heard they are there. there's something about trolling 12" stick baits at 5-6-7-8mph that I love. We get there sat afternoon and I'll be chomping at the bit to get the boat in. 19' aluminum, grey bottom, sea nymph great lakes special. If you see me, say hi !!! I'll prob be the only guy out there trolling with a pile of planer boards off the boat. Lol
Def gonna do some night runs once the kids go to bed too.

Where you launching out of?   
It's been a great walleye spring for sure.  I've been doing well in 22 ft of water .   Haven't tuned into the perch yet but hoping to.   
You'll see the groups out there all fishing in same area .....dont be fooled they aren't all catchin fish most of the time.  It seems like people think they are and keep joining to find out they aren't.  Lol.   Cracks me up everytime
Been getting the eyes on spinner and worms rigs.  Perch colors have been the best.  Good luck
 I will be on Oneida too first thing sat morn...
Oh and you mentioned tigers..... Have you caught them out there before?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Good luck Andrew 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Staying / docked just west of Lewis point in messengers bay. I'm gonna troll till i find an active group or if my graph tells me otherwise. I have never been there before but I intend to cover some water in that week. Just looking to get the kids on some jigging action and to catch lunch and dinner. Love the musky program and I have heard they are there. there's something about trolling 12" stick baits at 5-6-7-8mph that I love. We get there sat afternoon and I'll be chomping at the bit to get the boat in. 19' aluminum, grey bottom, sea nymph great lakes special. If you see me, say hi !!! I'll prob be the only guy out there trolling with a pile of planer boards off the boat. Lol
Def gonna do some night runs once the kids go to bed too.

good luck!  hope you do well.   Nice boat for Oneida and those days its gets wavy!   Indians name for the lake was "Tsioqui" which translates to "white water" .  It gets a serious chop to it.  If your going out from messengers bay esp at night watch out for that messengers shoal.  Its marked by bouys but its ground in the middle of the lake.  But its also some good fishing right off from it.  

I have fished the lake for years and have never seen a musky.  My fishing buddy saw one in fish crick a few years back but havent ever met anyone that caught one or even saw one.  If you have any luck there woudl sure love to hear about it. 

i fish the lewis pt area a lot so might see you out there!  good luck and have fun!

good luck!  hope you do well.   Nice boat for Oneida and those days its gets wavy!   Indians name for the lake was "Tsioqui" which translates to "white water" .  It gets a serious chop to it.  If your going out from messengers bay esp at night watch out for that messengers shoal.  Its marked by bouys but its ground in the middle of the lake.  But its also some good fishing right off from it.  
I have fished the lake for years and have never seen a musky.  My fishing buddy saw one in fish crick a few years back but havent ever met anyone that caught one or even saw one.  If you have any luck there woudl sure love to hear about it. 
i fish the lewis pt area a lot so might see you out there!  good luck and have fun!
I will definitely keep an eye out for the shoals,and your not the first to warn me. Also yes, the "NymphO" can handle the chop pretty well. Have had it in some giant rollers on Ontario. I'm actually hoping for 2'ers to blow all the bass boats off the lake. As far as the musky, a friend of mine said they had gotten them "back in the day". Tigers are sterile so if they are still around they are prob giants, and like I said trolling at 7mph you can cover alot of ground quick. In reality, I just wanna get the kids out on something, eyes, perch, panfish, whatever ( besides gobys). Hope to see you out there my friend !!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

I will definitely keep an eye out for the shoals,and your not the first to warn me. Also yes, the "NymphO" can handle the chop pretty well. Have had it in some giant rollers on Ontario. I'm actually hoping for 2'ers to blow all the bass boats off the lake. As far as the musky, a friend of mine said they had gotten them "back in the day". Tigers are sterile so if they are still around they are prob giants, and like I said trolling at 7mph you can cover alot of ground quick. In reality, I just wanna get the kids out on something, eyes, perch, panfish, whatever ( besides gobys). Hope to see you out there my friend !!

Good luck Andrew.

• Like 1