Live From The Water 2018 Edition!

WNYBuckHunter

21 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Since I mainly bowhunt I could say the same of you "rifle hunters." Grow up, get over yourself. Move on, there's more to life than trying to force your opinion on someone else. This is a fishing thread, not a place for your ethical preaching...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I was not doing any "ethical preaching "  ….Just commenting on a method of perfectly legal  fishing that takes a lot of  skill to perfect....    

• Like 3

Talk to me sir! What did he take??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was fishing an egg sucking leech pattern I tied and bottom bouncing it through some quick water hoping for a smallie or trout. I was surprised he took it, must've dropped right in front of his mouth and he sucked it in.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Another run out of Olcott in the books. Stagers are stacked. Crushed em in a short period of time. 80-90fow. Winds were ripping and waves were crashing but the king's were biting. All rods took fish. Purpose of the trip was to get some meat for pops. Cooler was full in 45 min. Great trip !!
072f542e73dc3d25df9c5afd05e1dfdf.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Another run out of Olcott in the books. Stagers are stacked. Crushed em in a short period of time. 80-90fow. Winds were ripping and waves were crashing but the king's were biting. All rods took fish. Purpose of the trip was to get some meat for pops. Cooler was full in 45 min. Great trip !!
072f542e73dc3d25df9c5afd05e1dfdf.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nice catch! Have they started night fishing off the piers in Olcott yet do you know?

5 minutes ago, kpkot said:

Anyone have experience on the upper Niagara river? was thinking of targeting bass. Gander or cabelas were out of crawfish. 

It's been a couple years for me but I used to do good on the drift from in front of Harry's straight towards Strawberry Island.  It didn't matter if I drifted to the east or west side of the island, I'd catch smallmouth.  I liked soft shell crabs or bass chubs, so did the fish. :)

I had Pygmy and Dinsdale out and I believe we did good each time.  Pygmy has a secret jig that is a KILLER, truth!  He could get a smallmouth out of a bathtub if....oh wait, that's exactly what he'd want.  Mmmm fishy!!

Maybe if I get my mojo back next year we can go out Kevin.  I haven't had the desire for some reason this summer..........

• Like 3

Anyone have experience on the upper Niagara river? was thinking of targeting bass. Gander or cabelas were out of crawfish. 

September has always been the month when I hammer river bass on topwater. Any topwater popper or Zara Pup will do. They will hold in eddys just off the main current. Dragging a Heddon Torpedo up the current can produce some whoppers.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When i was younger and in high school i use to skip a lot of school in september and fish the wall at the foot of ontario i would take a light action rod and  put bread on a hook and would nail a bass chub  then cast that out into the current and nail small mouths left and right for the entire month of september.

Big catch got in to the bottle return business and closed the fishing store sucks that was my go to store. For 20+ years you would see them dipping at the foot of ferry and ontario. They were also a great place to stop and ask how the action was in the area. Also during salmon season they would buy the fresh salmon eggs and skain for $2-3 a pound. 

• Like 2