Live From The Water 2018 Edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Those fish look like they woukd destroy my 9ft 5 weight lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'd be undergunned with a 5wt for sure, doable? Maybe, but I'd bet they'd take you into the current and it'd be game over. 7wt would be the lightest I'd go, anything lighter and you can overplay the fish to exhaustion and they won't recover from it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I was a young, know it all on Pepacton Reservoir one early spring day. There was still ice on a lot of the water and my buddies and I were fishing minnows under bobbers and night crawlers on the bottom because the water was so cold. A woman came up near us and started throwing a Crocodile spoon, which was a go to bait there in the warmer months. 

I told her the water was still way too cold for the trout to chase down her spoon, and offered her some of our bait, which she politely refused. She told us, "These are trout. If they are hungry, they will chase these spoons down no problem." We chuckled and let her do her thing.

An hour later, we had a few decent browns caught on the minnows, and as expected, she had nothing. Well, a couple minutes later, her real is screaming as line is peeling off with a big fish on. It ended up being a 14 lb. brown. Talk about eating some crow, but it sure was a learning experience.

• Like 4

63 lake trout in the last 3 days on lake George. I sure hope weather man is way off or we are screwed! fa277e1da0f73b82c38a04f9dc655b56.jpg&key=c5bccac3a8d8cf637ffadea1bc8c4741ca92f1c9293d23cd4e00d01ab971f691a6d97c2f99cbe95dccc3fc24fcd7e650.jpg&key=2dc4cd896461080d77cb6d1f24f62abca6d44211de3673cd1baa2da1afedab4b

Nice. I love lake George but the food in that town is absolutely horrible

Just now, chrisw said:

The shanties way out now? I'll be out Tuesday weather dependent. Hopefully the snow we're supposed to get will blown off the ice.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

There were a bunch of tents and people out off of Lewis point today.  Looks like lake is all froze over now.  Even Oneida creek. Could see at least 30 folks out there off the point.  Didn't see any out as far as 109 or 111 but they were out a ways. 

• Like 1

You just don’t know where to eat up here.

Everywhere in lake George walking distance is confirmed garbage. I can usually eat anywhere and had to walk out of a few “high end”’places in LG.