Live From The Water 2018 Edition!

WNYBuckHunter

13 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

I'll be there sun-mon ! Dare I throw an invite ??? Lol

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Good luck out there buddy!  Thanks but got a bunch of plans this weekend and 4 am work on Monday.  But no ice fishing for this guy.  Lol.   Unless they built a hooters out there recently I'm off the ice. And even then would have to be free wings....

Good luck.  Hope u tear em up. 

Pretty sure the GF has the flu too.  She sure is sick and she is tough and never sick.

Edited by Robhuntandfish

1 minute ago, chrisw said:

Another morning on Oneida, caught 8 walleyes, all shorts, landed 25 perch, dumped a bunch at the hole thanks to the front hook on the jigging raps. Also got a surprise fish, caught a brown trout, my first from Oneida!IMG_20190202_102450615_HDR.jpegIMG_20190202_122338324_HDR.jpegIMG_20190202_070432529.jpeg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Nice trout. Yeah those are rare out there. But see a few every season.  Buddy got one fishing with me about 5 years ago.  

There are also Atlantic salmon out there too that show up once in a while . Nice day for you! 

• Like 1

Good luck out there buddy!  Thanks but got a bunch of plans this weekend and 4 am work on Monday.  But no ice fishing for this guy.  Lol.   Unless they built a hooters out there recently I'm off the ice. And even then would have to be free wings....
Good luck.  Hope u tear em up. 
Pretty sure the GF has the flu too.  She sure is sick and she is tough and never sick.
Come to the hut, I'll pop my hood for ya

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice trout. Yeah those are rare out there. But see a few every season.  Buddy got one fishing with me about 5 years ago.  
There are also Atlantic salmon out there too that show up once in a while . Nice day for you! 
I've now taken an Atlantic and a brown in Oneida in one year!

• Like 1

Another morning on Oneida, caught 8 walleyes, all shorts, landed 25 perch, dumped a bunch at the hole thanks to the front hook on the jigging raps. Also got a surprise fish, caught a brown trout, my first from Oneida!IMG_20190202_102450615_HDR.thumb.jpeg.6efa411585b8f49b896c8c86ed1b6825.jpegIMG_20190202_122338324_HDR.thumb.jpeg.dc1a0edd7829e9a9a319e5211030587a.jpegIMG_20190202_070432529.thumb.jpeg.297ed8a3655e96178112ad1386a5cc61.jpeg

Cut that front hook off, of the thousands of fish I have caught on jigging raps I can count on both my hands how many fish I hooked on the front hook but the number I lost because of that hook is probably in the hundreds until I started cutting them off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut that front hook off, of the thousands of fish I have caught on jigging raps I can count on both my hands how many fish I hooked on the front hook but the number I lost because of that hook is probably in the hundreds until I started cutting them off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bent them all flat halfway through the morning, they're only good for catching the bottom of the hole apparently!

• Like 1

We had a much better weekend of fishing, but damn!, it was -11 Saturday morning when we hit the ice. It's funny how fast you can drag a sled out and get set up when it is that cold. We still had a lot of lookers, but figured out to let the jig sit still, and picked up a bunch of nice perch. Yet, at the same time, we would have some that came 3 feet off the bottom and engulf the lure. Just a weird couple of weekends.

• Like 1

We had a much better weekend of fishing, but damn!, it was -11 Saturday morning when we hit the ice. It's funny how fast you can drag a sled out and get set up when it is that cold. We still had a lot of lookers, but figured out to let the jig sit still, and picked up a bunch of nice perch. Yet, at the same time, we would have some that came 3 feet off the bottom and engulf the lure. Just a weird couple of weekends.
I hear ya, my eyelids were freezing shut on the ride out before light Saturday morning! Now you can ride out in a t shirt!