Live From The Water 2018 Edition!

WNYBuckHunter

9 minutes ago, crappyice said:

What’s your method?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish pole and a little jigfly.  Was just getting them from a little spot nearby.  Hard to find a good bunch of decent sized ones these days it seems. There were others that I could hear but not see as it was real thick stuff.  But when I come across them try to get a few. 

Fish pole and a little jigfly.  Was just getting them from a little spot nearby.  Hard to find a good bunch of decent sized ones these days it seems. There were others that I could hear but not see as it was real thick stuff.  But when I come across them try to get a few. 

I have never heard of a “jigfly” so I figured I’d do a google image search. It did not result in what I was looking for but did result in pleasant surprises since I guess is read “jigfly” as jiggly and certain body parts re jigglier than others!!!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I have never heard of a “jigfly” so I figured I’d do a google image search. It did not result in what I was looking for but did result in pleasant surprises since I guess is read “jigfly” as jiggly and certain body parts re jigglier than others!!!
emoji15.png

This is kinda a homeade deal.  A little rubber bumble bee looking lure on a jig head.  Prob not near as exciting as the pics you found. Lol 

rps20180722_171323.jpg

• Like 1

Just driving past Erie small mouth Tourny going on . Small boat harbor has more trucks with sponsorships than you can imagine. Looks choppy wonder how those bass boats are holding up lol
Looks like the leader sits at 24.3 and 2nd place is 24.2.......that beast of a lake just produces awesome fish! Tomorrow outta be interesting the wind is supposed to pick up pretty good mid morning.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Looks like the leader sits at 24.3 and 2nd place is 24.2.......that beast of a lake just produces awesome fish! Tomorrow outta be interesting the wind is supposed to pick up pretty good mid morning.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Good gravy, that's almost a 5lb average for a five fish limit..........

• Like 1

the brown trout bite was on yesterday on lake o, had a 3 man limit by 9am, my old man got a 12 pounder and his buddy lost a bigger one about 20ft from the boat, captain said it was probably 15lbs. went out of mexico. threw a bunch of 2 - 3 pounders back. we were doubled up 5 times. was supposed to be a salmon trip but the captain said they would be scattered because of the weather this past week. he said if you guys wanna catch fish, I know where the brown trout will be. and he sure did. perfect day

20180726_081009.jpg

20180726_125453.jpg

• Like 10

the brown trout bite was on yesterday on lake o, had a 3 man limit by 9am, my old man got a 12 pounder and his buddy lost a bigger one about 20ft from the boat, captain said it was probably 15lbs. went out of mexico. threw a bunch of 2 - 3 pounders back. we were doubled up 5 times. was supposed to be a salmon trip but the captain said they would be scattered because of the weather this past week. he said if you guys wanna catch fish, I know where the brown trout will be. and he sure did. perfect day
20180726_081009.thumb.jpg.d25b5e65afade7b72cc24b947a838c59.jpg
20180726_125453.thumb.jpg.89bf09d0fe66db866be1b25ed486b37c.jpg

Sweet Brown. Double digit lb Brown is something I really want

12 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Sweet Brown. Double digit lb Brown is something I really want

i'll give you the captain's info if your interested, we went back in may and got a nice mix of browns and kings plus a steelhead

• Like 1

Made some new friends and tagged along with the crew from Pittsburgh. I'd like to think my advice led to some fish but these guys racked up piles of fish in a 3 day trip. Good first trip to ladyO for this crew !720a8e8de9dc4fa5386628c97625bc71.jpgd2e74beafa289fe28851403b7506ffda.jpg5d5916c6a5fdaf4d95a59b6893b8af80.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Took my boys out for some bottom fishing yesterday on my father's boat in Montauk. Almost limited on sea bass, a mackerel, one keeper fluke and a handful of porgies. Great day to be on the water.

ea7d456a4eba889014b13f5cdada52c2.jpg&key=149f5b6e83717fde8863af4ffd9b201ff1ef879fb91b75d51e158d6977a979bc148b1f25274be35f6b771df26fc68ecd.jpg&key=06be7d30fa5d9d79eaffa2eff5faa3fdd9ac8fe3236ada7a275c81250155662b

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 5

You betcha. The little guy was cleaning the boat while we filleted. They then helped me vacuum pack the fillets and salted/smoked the mackerel.

They'll be ready when they have kids of their own.

Nice and you got him filleting too! Solid haul!

• Like 2

You betcha. The little guy was cleaning the boat while we filleted. They then helped me vacuum pack the fillets and salted/smoked the mackerel.

They'll be ready when they have kids of their own.

Nice! I like hearing parents getting the kids involved from start to finish setup to take down. My kids are young but it always annoyed me to see kids sitting there while the parents did all the work.
If my kids come with me they are helping as much as they can.

• Like 2