Live From The Water 2018 Edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Prefished only today. 18 landed nothing giant but we caught fish. On em first thing in the am for the real deal. Hopefully we tip some scales tomorrow !!

Did land a nice steelbow and a big fat Laker. Lakers was prob 16-18#. No pics, all business !!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Kick ass Sea Bass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did ok. Caught around 60 fish today !! No bigs but a decent box. Not certain but I would guess top 25. Our box was14.55# / 3 fish. Leader is at 20#. Big fish was just over ten followed by a few 8's. Our biggest was just under 7. Back at em again first thing !!

• Like 8

14 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Did ok. Caught around 60 fish today !! No bigs but a decent box. Not certain but I would guess top 25. Our box was14.55# / 3 fish. Leader is at 20#. Big fish was just over ten followed by a few 8's. Our biggest was just under 7. Back at em again first thing !!

Did ok....lol 60 fish.  That's a damn season.  Way to go.  Get em 

2 hours ago, BigVal said:

Killed it on the new gear that I've been piecing together. Out of buffalo, 48-52 dipsys and leadcore. All on sticks 12 fish limit! Good to be back 

Good for you Val.  Sucks to have to deal with buying all new gear, but glad to hear you are still at it.  Fish on!!!

• Like 2

Heading to weigh in. Decent box and should keep us up top.

Numbers .... My goodness. I'm shot, 121 to the boat today, yes that one hundred and twenty one walleyes. That's basically a 20 man limit. Gonna need some new stick baits after this !!!

Couple cool pics.

Got one that ate 2 sticks at once

Proved the theory that bananas are not bad luck on the boat.

Side note, cannot wait to get back on the king's !!!!

44789014d622b619f4f576f3c12bbf7f.jpg43351fcb5e1ecca7af87597bbbb061d2.jpg263278d89b99c7b58ffab971001dcbd6.jpg

• Like 7

Hey Treeguy, how does a guy book a charter with you?  (Kidding, sorta.  I'm 7-8hrs away)  Sure seems like you know your stuff.

Potential bookings available soon....lol

Thanks. I'm actually a rookie for the most part. Just have a new found love for trolling.

• Like 1

Finally found a better class of fish.... Couple days late but good enough to get us on the top daily box list and 5th overall. We were down a guy today too so our 9 line program was only 6. I'm beyond excited considering it's a 100+ boat derby. Sorry no fish pics, 100% business today !!!

Heck. Yes.

Time for a victory lap, and some a/c !!!a1a36b0f148fe7fca35ab9e2470502ca.jpg170e36f6e055051c548fc42ed6b86670.jpg

• Like 5

Not too shabby for a newbie!
Thanks man ! Truth be told, I fished with my friend who's been doing this tournament for 10 years. But, together we are the "dream team". We also call each other our fishing wife. Kinda like a work wife, but better.

2 rough days for me on Erie short day sat as daughter got seasick. Kept 3 few shorts. Sunday walleye bite was not happening either kept a few but nothing good so slid out deep to look for better screens figured while I was out there wed fish Lakers too. That was much better within minutes had what would have been the best laker over my boat after my wife fought it for 25 min I couldn't get him in my walleye net and knocked the hook out. He was floating so I pulled all gear and circled back on him. Managed to get him in the net but as soon as he was flipped over he was gone back to the bottom. But even after that the Lakers fishing was great killed another hr and half with a steady pick and some decent sized ones. Good weekend

CONGRATS TREEGUY AND TEAM!!!13811adf16d6282a38c1ea331db731b8.jpgb2170a7437f31703d8e44c7671cd2870.jpgc73a07adeb42b605bc38b144ae834225.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

20 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Finally found a better class of fish.... Couple days late but good enough to get us on the top daily box list and 5th overall. We were down a guy today too so our 9 line program was only 6. I'm beyond excited considering it's a 100+ boat derby. Sorry no fish pics, 100% business today !!!

Heck. Yes.

Time for a victory lap, and some a/c !!!a1a36b0f148fe7fca35ab9e2470502ca.jpg170e36f6e055051c548fc42ed6b86670.jpg

amazing tourney for you!  A guy that i used to BS with about fishing did some guiding on the side as well.  Used to run out of Oswego in Lake Ontario and walleye fish.  He would run big Magnum shad raps for walleye and caught them up to 14lbs.  The orange/Perch colors.  These are like the size of musky lures but he used to get some huge eyes.  Said the big lures kept the bass off them better and the bigger walleye would take them.  So might work on Erie as well for just the big boys esp if your catching 100 fish a day, might be able to target some of the bigger ones... just a thought. Might decrease the catch rate but up the size ?      

amazing tourney for you!  A guy that i used to BS with about fishing did some guiding on the side as well.  Used to run out of Oswego in Lake Ontario and walleye fish.  He would run big Magnum shad raps for walleye and caught them up to 14lbs.  The orange/Perch colors.  These are like the size of musky lures but he used to get some huge eyes.  Said the big lures kept the bass off them better and the bigger walleye would take them.  So might work on Erie as well for just the big boys esp if your catching 100 fish a day, might be able to target some of the bigger ones... just a thought. Might decrease the catch rate but up the size ?      
I actually ran a 9" grandma perch on the rigger. Took one shot but was gone before hookset. Not scared to throw some junk out there!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tarheel95 said:

Not my fish but an impressive catch. My son weighed this in for one of the private boats at the marina he works at. 437#. 165b021683627fa0ccdb55820d319212.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Haters will claim I’m holding my arm straight out81be45ee14fb17e7400b5b1488275f5b.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No long arm needed on the shark^_^