Live From The Water 2018 Edition!

WNYBuckHunter

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

16 perch one walleye.  Caught 10 walleye but only one keeper.  Not a bad morn but they really only hit good from 7!:30-8:30.   Boat traffic got a bit much so I was done before 10.  

rps20180528_114421.jpg

Going out Wed with a couple of buddies, took the day off.  Hoping to tear em up!

• Like 2

I decided to fish our pond yesterday for the first time. Saw a few pretty big largemouth, but didnt catch any of the big boys. Caught 7 largemouth that were big enough to make for a decent fight on my light action rod. Saturday I went out to the canal with one of my buddies, we had a pretty good morning, 20 or so bass between us and a few other pan fish.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I decided to fish our pond yesterday for the first time. Saw a few pretty big largemouth, but didnt catch any of the big boys. Caught 7 largemouth that were big enough to make for a decent fight on my light action rod. Saturday I went out to the canal with one of my buddies, we had a pretty good morning, 20 or so bass between us and a few other pan fish.

fished our pond on the farm for all of 20 minutes. cousins with their little ones hammered the bass with kid poles and worms. they weren't biting much by the time we showed up from Memorial Day activities in town. still hooked up though. had some 5-6 lb bass in there but don't know if they made the winter or are still in there. not long from now juvenile frogs hooked in the lower lip and tossed out into the center work well.  they're unfortunately in a pickle and they know it. have to twitch the rod here and there to get them swimming a bit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

It swam really well and I swear it was following me. Oh crap , it’s in my driveway. Gotta go fling it in my neighbors pool. 

Water snakes sure don't seem to shy away from people. Saw one in the river yesterday just like that, and had a darker phase one swim right up to the canoe last year in a smaller lake nearby.

Snakes will mostly get a pass from me, but it is not going to get in my boat!

30 + year’s ago while checking muskrat traps before school I encountered a 4-5 foot beast of a water snake while toting a penlight   I avoided him and tinkling in my waders   Stepped in beaver run , filled waters to the top Next day was 5/6 ginormous wolf spiders in different place. Eyes all 12 sets staring at me. I’m still not the same after those 2 back to back episodes 

16 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

30 + year’s ago while checking muskrat traps before school I encountered a 4-5 foot beast of a water snake while toting a penlight   I avoided him and tinkling in my waders   Stepped in beaver run , filled waters to the top Next day was 5/6 ginormous wolf spiders in different place. Eyes all 12 sets staring at me. I’m still not the same after those 2 back to back episodes 

Id rather run into a black mamba than the spiders