Live From The Water 2018 Edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Friend sent me pics of this. Musky attacked a kid swimming in the grass river in canton on June 2. Actually 3rd attack this year. Buddy caught a 22” walleye to have it get chomped and fought musky for 10-15 minutes. Has video Eye came back shredded. He guessed musky to be 5’+. He soon after caught a 40” and another followed his giant fly on fly rod. Sounds like Jeremy Wade is needed. Watched him have a good sized smallie in same stretch get munched by a big musky Crazy stuff a682af5a0fccc7f60b1913628cef0294.jpg&key=723b3f7da13b03f2fab6410651a845cbb5b1b6a14e7e46f68d9424f0db924bae9fcf7523cac7cd8f24526d2176a4e83b.jpg&key=9d2c8b0c6ba502e157cf652b4e533c359262d8d98ce26c2f09a98370379670c1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yet they remain the fish of 10000 casts. Go there and try to catch one specifically and you will get skunked. Lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Got out today at a pier on the south shore. Caught a bunch of big sea robins, but I wasn’t hungry enough to keep them. I did catch one 17” fluke. I don’t normally get to catch fluke so this was a nice treat. I’m hoping to get one keeper this year IMG_7293.JPG

• Like 2

Got out today at a pier on the south shore. Caught a bunch of big sea robins, but I wasn’t hungry enough to keep them. I did catch one 17” fluke. I don’t normally get to catch fluke so this was a nice treat. I’m hoping to get one keeper this year IMG_7293.JPG

• Like 1

Didn't remember to take pic of but 7 perch and one walleye today.  Fishing was tough then got blown off the lake.  Out with GF and Charlie.  Went to lunch after in Sylvan beach for a clamwich for me and a portabella mushroom Swiss burger for her.   Didn't kill the fish for sure but a good day off. 

rps20180606_130603.jpg

rps20180606_130625.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 4

Went out with my brother today to scout for an upcoming charter, took a buddy out, browns weren't playing but found some Kings and Lakers that did. Lakers were 11 and 13lb. The 13lb Laker took the line out of my brothers hands as he was peeling it off to hook in the downrigger clip, 180ft and that fish was probably 10' under the surface right behind the boat! 2018060695083208.jpegsalmonjune.jpegsalmonjune4.jpegsalmonjune5.jpegsalmonjune7.jpeg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

This thread confirms I chose the wrong job.  I want to do whatever rob, chrisw and buckmaster do for a living!

Only if you don't like $!  Lol.  I don't get paid a lot but I do get a lot of time off!  I make enough to feed myself and the dog and cover the boat payment. The important stuff. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 4

This thread confirms I chose the wrong job.  I want to do whatever rob, chrisw and buckmaster do for a living!

I don’t make a ton of money but I chose my career based solely on having time to hunt and fish. Work 2 doubles have 4 days off every week and take3 months off for hunting season it is a pretty good gig!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Between work, home, and the farm, haven't got the cover off my boat yet! But come October, I'll make time. Oh.....and I can always use a couple extra bucks!  Always thought when I got a little older, I'd have more money and time. Just the opposite for me. 

59 minutes ago, grampy said:

Between work, home, and the farm, haven't got the cover off my boat yet! But come October, I'll make time. Oh.....and I can always use a couple extra bucks!  Always thought when I got a little older, I'd have more money and time. Just the opposite for me. 

Should mention, I wouldn't change places with anyone! Had one of my special education kids, ask me to sign his yearbook yesterday.  School will be out soon,  and so will the boat, grandson and I. Got some tractor meditation after work tonight too!20180606_222927.thumb.jpg.1361ba38dfc16fbdf06e7db4dc4f43f7.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, grampy said:

got a good buddy that is retired and sent me a message yesterday. " I have 3 boats and a canoe and i havent hit the water yet and dont know when i am getting out , cutting wood today".  

• Like 2