Buffalo Bills - moving up!

Steuben Jerry

I was unsure after the Taylor trade, but after seeing them trade Cordy Glenn and move up to #12, I am convinced they are moving up to select the rookie QB that they covet.

They either package some pics to trade with the Giants for the #2 spot, or they just may have this or another deal set up and handshaked already. But I do believe they're moving up.

I had a soft spot for Doug Whaley as I never really thought he had free reign on running the team like other traditional GM's. But this Beane guy is legit so far. And Ballzy!

"And in the second round of the 2018 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select Baker Mayfield." At least that's my hope! Go get him, Beane!

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I still think they sign a veteran qb.. perhaps a prove it contract with Bridgewater or a short trem.deal with Bradford.  They can not expect to start a rookie and expect the playoffs which is expected of them... 

I think you're right. If they did have a chance at Mayfield or Rosen, I think either might still be a good bet to start sometime in his first season.

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

I still think they sign a veteran qb.. perhaps a prove it contract with Bridgewater or a short trem.deal with Bradford.  They can not expect to start a rookie and expect the playoffs which is expected of them... 

Makes sense to me the way you laid this out. Got to have someone ready for a couple years starting and groom a successor. We shall see. This Beane guy has some stones.

50 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I think you're right. If they did have a chance at Mayfield or Rosen, I think either might still be a good bet to start sometime in his first season.

Historically rookies stepping in and playing great is a rare occurance.. Brady, Montana, Bledsoe  are all great but were mediocre as rookies or sat the bench.. luck was up and down..as was Geoff.  I'd feel better with a signed vet( even a back up) I'd love them to get Rosen  but I'm still a fan of developing Peterman..

2 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Historically rookies stepping in and playing great is a rare occurance.. Brady, Montana, Bledsoe  are all great but were mediocre as rookies or sat the bench.. luck was up and down..as was Geoff.  I'd feel better with a signed vet( even a back up) I'd love them to get Rosen  but I'm still a fan of developing Peterman..

People forget that Peterman was highly liked coming out of college. Yes, he got his face stomped in LA, but the circumstances were not good for him to succeed. Always liked Peterman. He is going to surprise people in a good way come training camp. 

• Like 1

Starting to see more noise they covet Darnold.

I think they trade up to #2 or again w/Cleveland with #4. As of right now they have enough picks to move up to #4 w/o giving up next year's #1. Going to #2 would require giving up the 2019 pick.

Edited by phade

Qb are signing quickly..looks like bridge water to jets next.. in would of like to see buffalomgive him. A shot he's basically a 3rd yet qb with 5 years of knowledge.. a prove it contract would of given buffalo some extra at the position

Darnold to the Browns
Mayfield to the Jets

Mayfield would die in Buffalo. Not enough eye candy up there. That's what happened to Manziel in Cleveland.

Lamar Jackson to the Bills! Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Darnold to the Browns
Mayfield to the Jets

Mayfield would die in Buffalo. Not enough eye candy up there. That's what happened to Manziel in Cleveland.

Lamar Jackson to the Bills! Hahaha

Jets are going after Bridgewater

Browns are rumored to want Barkley at #1

Darnold doesn't make the cut (at least for me). I'd bet he goes below top 10.

Buffalo can import eye candy from the finest locales. Mayfield at #2.

Jackson to the Bills in the third round - as a wide receiver.

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It’s all irrelevant until the Bills can get past all the other stronger teams in AFC

Only team they have problems with is new England and they can pull off surprises..they need a qb that throws down field is all

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It’s all irrelevant until the Bills can get past all the other stronger teams in AFC

Fixed it for ya - It's all irrelevant until the Bills  can get past any team can get past their conference rivals.

Obvious.png