Shotgun slugs

Dom

5 minutes ago, Dom said:

Does anyone know of any place still selling or has any slugs for 28guage slugs?     .I have been searching and only findings are shotshells

Try outdoorlimited.com website and it shows 28 guage available.

28 Gauge slugs have not been loaded in this country for many years...I think that they are still available from  some European manufacturers..

I have a few Remington paper 28 gauge slugs in my collection that were probably loaded in the 1950s, but they are the only domestically loaded ones I have ever seen.. 

2 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

28 Gauge slugs have not been loaded in this country for many years...I think that they are still available from  some European manufacturers..

I have a few Remington paper 28 gauge slugs in my collection that were probably loaded in the 1950s, but they are the only domestically loaded ones I have ever seen.. 

1 minute ago, Pygmy said:

Brenneke loads them and Cheaper Than Dirt offers them online...They probably won't ship them to you due to the unsafe act, but you could have them shipped to a dealer..Good luck, My Friend...

Thankyou!I have an older Rem11_48 semi and was thinking of trying to send some slugs just to see how it shoots them.

9 minutes ago, Dom said:

Thankyou!I have an older Rem11_48 semi and was thinking of trying to send some slugs just to see how it shoots them.

I had a Rem 11-48 in 28 gauge years ago...Nice little shotgun..Had a vent rib and a Cutts Compensator...The fellow who owned before me was a short fellow, ( even shorter than me, Hehehe)  and he had shortened the stock to fit him, making it a little too short for even for this old white boy... I could have fixed the stock , but a friend offered me some $$$ for it and I sold it...One of many guns I probably should have held on to..( SIGH)...

Just now, turkeyfeathers said:

Is28 gauge legal to hunt deer in NYS ? 

No.

I have a 28 ga barrel with full adjustable sights made for slugs.

Always wanted to go down south where there are fewer restrictions and take a deer with it as I have used 12,16,20 in NY

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

No.

I have a 28 ga barrel with full adjustable sights made for slugs.

Always wanted to go down south where there are fewer restrictions and take a deer with it as I have used 12,16,20 in NY

I think these are under rated and should still be allowed to deer hunt with in NY

• Like 1