Rangefinder for 3D and hunting

Bobonli

I am looking for a RF to be used for hunting and 3D. My ability to judge distance is pretty inconsistent so I'd like to get some practice in pre-season. After looking over a lot of threads and reviews, the Leupold models with TBR and DNA get good reviews. I'd like to have one with angle compensation. Unfortunately, the current models ( I was looking at the 1300i) are back ordered through April according to Leupold. I'm not sure I want to wait that long.

Please suggest suitable alternatives. The local F&S seems to favor Vortex but I've read some mixed reviews. The Bushnell Scout is another unit that pops up in the Google shopping search.

Thank you.

The 1200 is discontinued. I’m a bit reluctant to buy something discontinued on the outside chance it has issues and Leupold says “ you bought a discontinued product..”  Some optics companies can be a PITA about that sort of thing. 

Anyone here using a Sig Kilo; in particular, the 2000 with auto brightness adjustment? 

They get good reviews--and are available unlike the Leupolds that are backordered-----just not sure if 7x magnification is the way to go for close quarters work like tree stand or blind hunting,