New X-Bow bills need votes

hunter49

Received a new e-mail this Am for support of some new x-bow bills from NYCC.  Please  contact your state reps.( senators & assembly people) & tell them to support/vote for P. Gallivan's bills # S1386A  &  S7508 B part KKK.  for full X-bow inclusion.   ASAP!

Edited by hunter49
  • Like 3

Received a new e-mail this Am for support of some new x-bow bills from NYCC.  Please  contact your state reps.( senators & assembly people) & tell them to support/vote for P. Gallivan's bills # S1386A  &  S7508 B part KKK.  for full X-bow inclusion.   ASAP!

I just got email too. Seems late this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be nice, but lets be real...! Those bills are currently embedded or tacked onto the budget. All legislators have their pet district projects within the annual budget and Xbow legislation is not in the top-10 of any lawmaker's priority list. So, the past few (3?) years the Xbow legislation has been plucked out of budget and lingered as a "stand-alone" bill w/o any resolution.

Encouraging, yeah! Optimistically, wait 'n' see! YES, do contact your legislators and voice your opinion!!!

More news from the NYCC Bills, S1386A & S7508B have been included in the 2018 budget !  Now the NYCC  needs us to call your reps. & these people asking them for their support.  

Senate Majority leaded  John Flanagan; 518-455-2071

Speaker of the assembly  Carl Heasite;  518-455-3791

Senate EnCon chairman  Tom O'Mara;  518-455-2091

This needs to be done within the next 2 weeks or ASAP!

Thank You!

• Like 1

Why would you oppose?  Why do you care what other people hunt with? Did you oppose the use of compound bows over long bows? Did you oppose rifles over shotguns?  A compound bow will far out shoot a X-bow anytime & aren't we hunters supposed always go for a quick, clean kill to show respect the animal?    That's the way I was brought up.   I don't get the opposition at all.  jmo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hunter49 said:

Why would you oppose?  Why do you care what other people hunt with? Did you oppose the use of compound bows over long bows? Did you oppose rifles over shotguns?  A compound bow will far out shoot a X-bow anytime & aren't we hunters supposed always go for a quick, clean kill to show respect the animal?    That's the way I was brought up.   I don't get the opposition at all.  jmo.

you didn't answer my question. 

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

you're a member of congress now?

Absolutely not.  But if you called me, you'd actually get a real person, to listen to your opposition. And who knows, perhaps we would even understand each others point more clearly.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, grampy said:

Absolutely not.  But if you called me, you'd actually get a real person, to listen to your opposition. And who knows, perhaps we would even understand each others point more clearly.

I'm looking for a congressman who can actually influence the bill and understands my opposition and may support it.

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

I'm looking for a congressman who can actually influence the bill and understands my opposition and may support it.

I think your congressman could just give you lip service maybe get a chuckle; this is a State issue, not Federal. You want your State Assemblyman,  State Senator(Gillibrand and Schumer won't care they're Feds) and the folks already listed in this thread. There is a finder right on State website for your State reps.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Then maybe start your own thread - and not in the crossbow forum.

37 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

Your state senator & assembly man

just thought maybe somebody would know who was defending our current laws and regulations as typically there is a rep that is pushing for it or they wouldn't have become bills. 

9 minutes ago, Belo said:

just thought maybe somebody would know who was defending our current laws and regulations as typically there is a rep that is pushing for it or they wouldn't have become bills. 

If you look up any bill, it should list the sponsors and co-sponsors.

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2017/S1386

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2017/s7508

Edited by Jdubs

It is important to note that the membership of this forum supported full inclusion of the crossbow in archery season, over leaving things like it was (14 days SZ, 3 days NZ) by about a 2:1 margin, when a poll was posted in the archery section a couple years ago.  Since that time, it appears that more have joined in support of full inclusion.     

Personally, I support it, but I am very thankful for the two weeks we get now in the Southern zone.  Those two weeks include the peek of the rut, which is my favorite time to hunt deer.   I am also thankful for those extra three days, up in the northern zone, about a month earlier.  I switch over to my ML, over the last 7 days of the early season, up there so I only consider the NZ crossbow season as (3) days.   It is nice to be able to get out hunting up there while there is still some good color on the hardwoods.

I do believe that opening up all of archery season to the crossbow would improve the DEC's ability to control the deer population in some of the zones where they have struggled.   Eliminating the need to draw with deer in close, coupled with the silent report, have the potential to make the crossbow the ultimate antlerless deer killing weapon.   That ability has been squandered the last 4 years, because those antlerless deer have mostly gone nocturnal by the time the crossbow was legal.  It does not take much early archery pressure to force the wise old does to keep their groups hunkered down by day.   I have not struggled filling my bucks tags with my crossbow, but I have yet to get a shot at an antlerless deer with it, for that reason alone.            

17 hours ago, wolc123 said:

It is important to note that the membership of this forum supported full inclusion of the crossbow in archery season, over leaving things like it was (14 days SZ, 3 days NZ) by about a 2:1 margin, when a poll was posted in the archery section a couple years ago.  Since that time, it appears that more have joined in support of full inclusion.     

Personally, I support it, but I am very thankful for the two weeks we get now in the Southern zone.  Those two weeks include the peek of the rut, which is my favorite time to hunt deer.   I am also thankful for those extra three days, up in the northern zone, about a month earlier.  I switch over to my ML, over the last 7 days of the early season, up there so I only consider the NZ crossbow season as (3) days.   It is nice to be able to get out hunting up there while there is still some good color on the hardwoods.

I do believe that opening up all of archery season to the crossbow would improve the DEC's ability to control the deer population in some of the zones where they have struggled.   Eliminating the need to draw with deer in close, coupled with the silent report, have the potential to make the crossbow the ultimate antlerless deer killing weapon.   That ability has been squandered the last 4 years, because those antlerless deer have mostly gone nocturnal by the time the crossbow was legal.  It does not take much early archery pressure to force the wise old does to keep their groups hunkered down by day.   I have not struggled filling my bucks tags with my crossbow, but I have yet to get a shot at an antlerless deer with it, for that reason alone.            

It's important to note that the majority of Americans want gun policy reform.

does that make it right?