Off topic, not hunting but man it's a fun hobby

burmjohn

i've just got a cheaper Promark VR drone. fly it higher, then i fight wind, battery dies, and then it's over in minutes.  it does take a nack to stay oriented with camera and direction you're heading.  i had lots of electric RC cars and trucks when younger. Flew a plane once and successfully. lift off to 4' elevation and then landed. flight time about 3 seconds! lol

38 minutes ago, burmjohn said:

Yeah airplanes are neat but one crash and you done. I break the quads a lot but repairs are pretty cheap and take quite the beating before breaking.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

It wasn't so much about crashing them as it was about collecting them and finding the room for them. They were big airplanes. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

If you are looking to do photography, and are prepared to spend $1000, I would suggest going with the DJI Phantom 4 refurbed from DJI. You can get them for less than $700 and it will give you everything to get started. Some good add ons that will keep you under a grand would be a multi battery charger and 3-4 extra batteries. The Mavics are nice, but the Phantom 4 gives you a much better camera, more flight time, etc.
True, but u can't beat the portability of a Mavic and it gets same flight time as the phantom. I picked up one referbed last year for my wife to give to me for Xmas. I already took it to Florida and I'll be taking it to the Bahamas in a few weeks :) toss it in a backpack and you are good to go.

3 minutes ago, burmjohn said:

True, but u can't beat the portability of a Mavic and it gets same flight time as the phantom. I picked up one referbed last year for my wife to give to me for Xmas. I already took it to Florida and I'll be taking it to the Bahamas in a few weeks :) toss it in a backpack and you are good to go.

Yeah the portability factor is a big feature of the Mavic

Portability is why I went with the Mavic Pro too.  Air wasn't available when I made my purchase.  Still happy with it though.  The wings don't fold in the Air so the folded up Pro is actually a slightly smaller profile than the Air.  Once they release the Air will collapsible wings, I think hard about switching.

IMG_9358A.JPG

Portability is why I went with the Mavic Pro too.  Air wasn't available when I made my purchase.  Still happy with it though.  The wings don't fold in the Air so the folded up Pro is actually a slightly smaller profile than the Air.  Once they release the Air will collapsible wings, I think hard about switching.
IMG_9358A.JPG.5608b68104dc05aefd99a28130cb4ebd.JPG
The air folds too, you are thinking of the spark. The air is way different from the spark (more features then the pro even)

2 minutes ago, burmjohn said:

The air folds too, you are thinking of the spark. The air is way different from the spark (more features then the pro even)

I stand corrected.

Nice hobby burmjohn and cool vids, I bet it's addictive. Yeah, your wife is right, you are a nut :-) (but on the good side) lol. Do you (or can you) use them for scouting?

I was thinking about getting one, not for speed but for scouting, spotting wildlife (turkey, deer) and maybe push them to your self while you hunt. Not sure about legality and all but my first will be a scouting drone...

Thanks for sharing