Trap squirrels and grill them professionally

johnbristen

Squirrel is also known as an agile animal, so it is difficult to catch them by hand. Thanks to their intelligence as well as some Wilderness Technology  , two aborigines created a trap extremely clever and effective.

NRcqAmer2Zi0fXOCvmn1-nnKIs2ksU6ndFQCh6QEifyiFnhzKHB0xB5kzg9FDMjxPgNJrKjifPO0zX4D-NYFxwLcMtEbHKAIc_iuU77WSOCf55UvgrI_uwAmYT5FsKC_A357jBQH

First they found a small flat stone, then they dug a hole smaller than the stone. One of the most important thing is the stick, they cut a 30 cm stick in the middle then carefully put the two pieces together like the initial shape.

If you find it interesting, check out the video link below to see things more clearly.

https://goo.gl/Jy2gwD

They then put small sticks to cover the hole and used the leaves cover the sticks, and the trap was complete. But one thing quite important here is the bait for the squirrel. Two aboriginal men here put an sweet potato available in the forest right in front of the trap. Thus, when the squirrel jumped to the sweet potato it fell into the trap, impacted the stick then the rock collapsed over the squirrel.

YaQSEPBAV3unim4CLIHvqo1_vwwdWBg2zE0KVCcp-r5AD9k8Gd3Aa64Jk5Ud4S62drkcqqehju0GljK-NlKrEJVGPrjC-qgl3tCMc_pm4Dinv654390QV3nlCO6WooF7L_m1sWmg

What a compact and creative trap! After capturing the squirrel, they grilled it for a while to get rid of its fur, then cut open its abdomen and removed all of the organs inside.

They grilled it for about 30 minutes on charcoal and flipped it over constantly to keep it from being burnt out and to retain the aroma as well as the flavor of the grilled squirrel.

5jZ4ZvHZOgq1yyB3JNgUs0gMnNnU8csE9xTDeprpClx47oKjHwW-46Omr49ElYtqi591IqR-i7A9M7mxeal40B1ONTgQavRviNxeIBimviFuTfFHLambHQZ9Zt9G-nMttW9TVp0j

Some viewers of the video are alleging (in the youtube comments) that the squirrel had its back leg tied to a string, and that they actually jerked it back/held it up while the rock fell on it. I watched it again in slowmotion, and and am not sure. Even if so, maybe not with this type of trap, some sort of deadfall trap should be able to work to catch a squirrel, I would think.

48 minutes ago, greybeard said:

Reminds me of a book I read years back by A.R. Harding.."Deadfalls and Snares".. I still have it and a few other of his books...

I recently downloaded that book from scribd.com, but haven't read it yet. Looking forward to it. Was bummed to find out snares aren't legal in NY state, so hard to practice. Not sure about deadfall traps.

I'm pretty sure that deadfalls  are  not legal either .

I don't know if snares and deadfalls were legal at the time I learned about them from the book. I was kinda young and I never thought to ask I guess..I don't know who I would have asked anyway.. It was a different time.

• Like 1