Ski Lift Accident

NonTypical

Scary. Been there done that. I was still in high school on our local mountain in Tupper Lake when the lift stopped and the brake failed. I was 3 chairs up and got turned around, off and out of the way before the next came down.. 

It was only a double chair .Luckily A quick thinking and large pair of lift attendants were just grabbing people and throwing them out of the way before the next chair arrived. Nobody was seriously injured.

That's some scary shiz right there! Where were the lifties? Why didn't they hit the "EStop" button or the main power breaker? Very glad no one was seriously hurt in that!

I got tossed off a lift once, the lifties were raking the off load ramp and never heard me screaming "HEY! HEY! HEYY!". The looked up when it was too late for be to get off, they hit the stop button and I went sailing. I didn't get hurt, and more concerned about my board. LOL. I got a free luck and 4 all lift passes out of the incident.

Also watched in horror as my friend Craigs daughter fell off the chair trying to get on her first year boarding ( she was taking lessons and knew how to get on and off the lift but she was tiny ), I think she was like 8. Chair caught her board and twisted it, breaking her ankle.

Chair lifts are no joke.

That was in resort in Georgia (not our Georgia, the other one :-)) and I was thinking the same thing, WTF was emergency switch, someone will lose his job over this I hope... crazy, regardless... It's allover FB too, so it must happened recently

Edited by bkln