Really Bummed Out!

DirtTime

My neighbor passed away this morning, the older gent I shoveled for. He was up there in age and suffered from Parkinsons. I didn't know him very well, but still sort of a feel a loss. Just talked to his son, gave my sincere condolences, and told them if they need anything to let me know. He thanked me for helping his dad out with things.

Not trying to sound sappy, but I always feel a sort of emptiness for a while after some I know personally passes.

Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends were sent. RIP.

• Like 3

Sincere condolences to both of you.  Rob, feeling empty is a perfectly natural reaction, even for those that we only casually know.  You did a really nice thing for him by taking his worries away from snowy driveway or sidewalks.  

• Like 1

Had a neighbor like that who passed 9 or 10 years ago. Used to help me out plowing and such when I only had a little tractor-after a few years I was plowing for him, mowing when he was ill, etc. He was a WWII vet, and I always got a kick out of showing him deer I shot, guns I bought, etc. Even today, I think of him every snowstorm and wish I could show him my new tractor, new truck. I am not a braggart-he just such a kick out of things like that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maddie said:

lost my wife of 45years last friday,life will never be the same for me.

Very sorry for your loss.

Thank you to those who replied for the kind words. I made the post more thinking of how some people we meet can impact our lives, even if we really only talk to them is a basic sense. Never going to be able to look at his home and not think of him. I talked to his daughter for about an hour, he was younger then I thought, only 67. Due to the sickness he looked like he was in his 70's or 80's to me.

Rob didn't mean to highjack your tread i guess i was just feeling sorry for myself. I too had an old timer who let me hunt behind his hse. shot about 20 deer there with the bow , always serviced his boiler + a/c .Learned after i got the  first one to not tell him until i had it dragged to his hse. got the first one took my bow and pack back to the hse. and told him about it ,the guy went nuts with excitment  and wanted  to drag it out by himself @79 yrs young .

6 minutes ago, maddie said:

Rob didn't mean to highjack your tread i guess i was just feeling sorry for myself. I too had an old timer who let me hunt behind his hse. shot about 20 deer there with the bow , always serviced his boiler + a/c .Learned after i got the  first one to not tell him until i had it dragged to his hse. got the first one took my bow and pack back to the hse. and told him about it ,the guy went nuts with excitment  and wanted  to drag it out by himself @79 yrs young .

No worries.