Burris 2 for 1 deal

moog5050

I am an unashamed Leupold man when it comes to rifle scopes especially when it comes to my "Get Serious" firearms, that being said I do own an assortment of and occasionally try out other manufacturer's scopes and have many that have served my purposes very well.

Burris has always had a fine reputation for quality and good reliability and awhile back I purchased one of their Timberline scopes and have been pleasantly impressed with it. I have mounted it on a Winchester model 52 bolt action rifle and while it just a 22 LR it is very high quality and capable of putting a bullet in a Squirrel's ear out to 75 yards. I went with the Burris for several reasons, the eye relief of the Burris is close to five inches and because of the way a scope mounts a bit more forward on the 52 it gives a perfect sight picture. Along with precision 1/8 inch adjustments, adjustable parallax, compact size in relation to a power of up to 14X it is a perfect match for the scale and precise accuracy of the 52 sporter. I like it a lot, enough so that if the Timberline had been offered in the 2 for 1 deal I would have jumped on it.

Al

====================================================

This Timberline 4.5-14x32mm riflescope is an affordable scope that can handle the monster recoil of muzzleloaders and slug guns. It provides up to 5 inches of eye relief, so you can concentrate on your shot.

If your only trophy last season was a torn eyebrow, reach for this Timberline Riflescope and keep recoil away from your face.

Brilliantly multi-coated and indexed lenses draw in light. They maximize your chances in the dim light of opening morning, dark skies, or deep woods.

The simple, effective reticle gets you on target quickly with excellent holdovers for extended shots.

Internals are double spring-tensioned. Steel-on-steel clicks provide repeatable settings.

This Timberline reticle is light, tough, and resistant to vibration and shock. It’s designed to provide a lifetime of service, backed by the Burris Forever Warranty .

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

I have a Burris veracity and have compared it to both a zeiss hd5 and swaro z3 (both of which I also own).  They are very comparable from a clarity/low light perspective.  The burris is a ballistics reticle which I know some won't like (but Burris has a great calculator for it and it is FFP meaning is works at any magnification).  Plus Burris has a great lifetime warranty.  Its a great deal if one is in the market.  The only thing I am not fond of regarding the burris scopes I own are the large turrets (not really needed in my opinion, especially with a ballistics reticle).

Edited by moog5050

I have 2 Burris scopes, a Fullfield 2x7  on my 7MM08 Mountain rifle and a 4X compact on my Ruger 10/22...Both have been excellent scopes.

I would not hesitate to buy another one ( or two) if I needed them...Currently though, I have more scopes than I have rifles to put them on...

2 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I have 2 Burris scopes, a Fullfield 2x7  on my 7MM08 Mountain rifle and a 4X compact on my Ruger 10/22...Both have been excellent scopes.

I would not hesitate to buy another one ( or two) if I needed them...Currently though, I have more scopes than I have rifles to put them on...

Well then you should have been rifle shopping on your BDay!

• Like 3