Tahoe/ Yukon Owners.. ??

LET EM GROW

I have a 2016 Tahoe that I love. Wife drives it fine but wont drive it if parking is going to be tight. We have a second kid on the way (just in time for opening day turkey) and I'm not sure how its going to work with two car seats. Third row isn't really much to brag about, due to the short wheelbase on the Tahoe compared to the Suburban. I also have a bench seat in the back but two bucket seats seems like it would have made more sense now that I think about it. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

I like the six-speed tranny... takes a little bit to get used to though... a bit more gas pedal movement.  When I get in the Tahoe, I almost do a burn out cause I'm used to putting the boot to the Silverado.

I bought it at Kittyhawk Chevy Buick... on the right one block after you get off the causeway.  I dont think it was much cheaper than buying it here, most likely same price... but this truck came from Georgia, then to Wanchese on the OBX and never saw a winter.  Buy one up here and it has seen winters  and rust damage has started.  Buy one while on vacation if you can... They will register it for you too.  Pick up your NY plates at DMV when you get back home.

I will be searching their inventory and others nearby then! thanks for the info. Yea the Yukon we rented was a 6spd. Def have to give a little to get some but i dont mind. ITs my wifes and im ok with that! IT will be her first v8! besides the occasional drive with my truck/hemi.. 

3 minutes ago, GR HUNTER said:

I have a 2016 Tahoe that I love. Wife drives it fine but wont drive it if parking is going to be tight. We have a second kid on the way (just in time for opening day turkey) and I'm not sure how its going to work with two car seats. Third row isn't really much to brag about, due to the short wheelbase on the Tahoe compared to the Suburban. I also have a bench seat in the back but two bucket seats seems like it would have made more sense now that I think about it. 

Yea i am kind of solely searching for the 2 bucket seat second row. Makes the access easier for 3rd row. It will be kids in the back 3rd row so im sure there is plenty enough room for them. I have a 9month old and a 3 yr old. SO one set is rear facing and other is front. Depending on how the 2nd row bench seat folds for access to the 3rd row.. I could maybe get by with sliding seat forward.. Ill have to check it out in person... (with the car seats lol)

The 12 yr old boy will be backseat bound 

Edited by LET EM GROW

2 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Agreed! But she has my ring and my kids.. lol She must stay Happy or else haha

But theres just something about a woman and a v8.. SUV, Truck or car.. I dont care! lol  

Definitely, or an i6. My girl loves driving the Cummins haha. 

• Like 1

We had a 09 Suburban that my wife drove for a while then switched to a truck, I can fit six in my truck which is plenty and I don’t have to smell the dog or dead deer in the back like you do with a SUV. I pop the cap on for long trips so we can pack it up with stuff. 

Ours had a developing engine issue where it burned oil and Chevy said it was normal so we ditched it. 

4 hours ago, moog5050 said:

My wife adjusted to a big vehicle quickly (coming from a GTI) and now she won't go back.  The only car she hit was Nomad's at the gym and that was intentional.  Your real risk is that you are now locking in the need for more expensive big vehicles in the future.

Look if she wanted to meet me , she could just ask to “work in “ .

I’v been ok , my wife’s little Pontiac got hit by a small woman driving a big suv at BJ’s. She was pulling out of her spot and crashed our fender,headlight area, one of the first things she said was, “I told my husband this was to big for me .”

After that  I talked to a few guys who’s female family members did the same thing .

I did get hit once at the gym, but I didn’t see who pulled out next to me so I can’t speak to the size , I also avoid parking by big cars as they have large doors and women are all struggling with bags ,yoga mats , and kids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My gf backs out of the driveway one morn here with here denali and leaves the plastic guard on the front that goes across the front of the truck and the fog lights laying in my driveway. She ripped it off backing out going over the snowbank. I ask her if she wants her truck parts back and she says what truck parts....didn't even know.  Lol. But guess she drives a big vehicle to be able to run over things and not know. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

5 hours ago, left field said:

I'm not going to get in the middle of family feuds. But if you want to one-up them consider an EarthCruiser.

Here's one for 265,000.00  http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/190839-2015-EarthCruiser-EXP-21-200-miles-265-000-00

image.png.7be191317aad30af73afbb71a50ab821.png

They do have a rabid following. I think the last year of FJ Cruisers (2014) are going for more money than list. There's a reason that the only vehicles you see in the harsher terrain of Africa, Asia or Australia with 300K+ miles are Toyotas. 

I love living through the trip reports on ExpeditionPortal!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cory said:

In all honesty look at the infinity QX80 way more room for a family. Will last longer than the chevy also. You can get a used one for a lot less than the chevy also! 

My grandmother had a qx80 and thats what made my wife want a big SUV.. But I do not see where you will ever find an infinty qx80 for cheaper than a chevy tahoe.. no way. maybe there base models

10 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Look if she wanted to meet me , she could just ask to “work in “ .

I’v been ok , my wife’s little Pontiac got hit by a small woman driving a big suv at BJ’s. She was pulling out of her spot and crashed our fender,headlight area, one of the first things she said was, “I told my husband this was to big for me .”

After that  I talked to a few guys who’s female family members did the same thing .

I did get hit once at the gym, but I didn’t see who pulled out next to me so I can’t speak to the size , I also avoid parking by big cars as they have large doors and women are all struggling with bags ,yoga mats , and kids.

That will be my advice and input to my wife when parking... Stay the F away from other cars lol. She darn near competely pushed a yellow concrete barrier pole over in a small parking lot with the front bumper on my truck one day.. I couldnt believe it lol Tried backing into a spot once since i told her that is the easiest way to make the "big swing" inito a spot. She curled the hood of the car right up behind her with the ball/receiver as she backed in.. Luckily the car she hit must not have had insurance or something cause they said it was perfectly fine and drove away!! lol She slucky I dont mind! haha. But the Tahoe will be a different story..

9 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

a good Used Tahoe or Yukon,  with low mileage 2010-2012 ish models..

What's low miles in your opinion on 6-8 year old vehicle?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

50-70k or less.. To me on these vehicles in particular that seems good. Since what I'm seeing and hearing is they will do 200k with no problem for the most part. Thats probably 8-10 years worth of driving for us doing 10-15kmi per year. Any other vehicle I probably would not consider that "low miles" by any means. 

12 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

We had a 09 Suburban that my wife drove for a while then switched to a truck, I can fit six in my truck which is plenty and I don’t have to smell the dog or dead deer in the back like you do with a SUV. I pop the cap on for long trips so we can pack it up with stuff. 

Ours had a developing engine issue where it burned oil and Chevy said it was normal so we ditched it. 

I have a 2005 ram 2500 for hunting and dirty work purposes. I would put it on the roof or trunk of my Hot Rod Chevy cobalt before a deer went in the back of the SUV. As for dogs, we cant have them right now, my daughter has an allergy to the dander

17 hours ago, moog5050 said:

We have an escalade (same as the Tahoe/Yukon) pushing 150k.  No real problems to speak of.  The occasional sensor goes bad and needs to be replaced but I suspect that's true when you have lots of electronics.  Drivetrain has been great.  Paying for tires for 22" rims stinks.

I heard about a sensor hear and there going.. As long as it isnt an oil pump sensor or what not I wouldnt mind. lol Does your ride have the 5.3 or 6.2L?