Decline in hunters and paying for conservation

Dinsdale

1 minute ago, Rack Attack said:

The bottom line, is that everyone that is using the system, needs to pay their share one way or the other.

:good:

I think that day is coming, based both on things like this article and seeing whats happening here in NY in certain areas.

9 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Does that mean if I like to hunt bike and hike I have to pay 3 times under your system lol 

No thanks 

Let the dogs pay if they want to go on the trails .

The bikers hikers and  nature lovers don't bother me I am one of them at times  :)

Nope, Every place I have ever been to that had a conservation stamp it was part of the hunting license purchase.  Once you have a hunting license you are exempt from having to pay any more.  The whole point of it is to get those that are using resources to pay for them like the hunters do.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I had to read that twice. the first time through I thought it said Flamingo Pinko.

Knowing the mindset on this forum, I'm sure it won't be long before someone petitions their state representatives to open up a hunting season for them!  LOL

2 hours ago, Storm914 said:

I think hunting would be more popular if media folks would stop giving the anti-hunting people a  huge platform on tv to speak out against it .

There are people that oppose A lot of things but usually they don't let them on TV or mention them  in articles . Like the anti football groups. 

the only anti-hunting stuff i see is on social media. I can't really remember the last anti-hunting thing I've seen. Even in the gun debate all but the most extreme seem to agree to leave the hunters alone.

55 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

That's why I would limit it to dog owners a,lot that go on the trails don't follow the rules.  dogs spook the crap out of game and there owners dont pick the crap off the  trails  .  And let them run wild  . 

The bird watchers bikers hikers are  much more respectful for the most part . 

the more i read from you, i believe your real issue is with dog walkers and really nothing else lol. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

:good:

I think that day is coming, based both on things like this article and seeing whats happening here in NY in certain areas.

it would be kind of sad to have to pay to walk a state or national forest trail or to take a canoe out on one of are numerous forever wild waters... i'm not sure I'm down with that.

2 hours ago, Belo said:

it would be kind of sad to have to pay to walk a state or national forest trail or to take a canoe out on one of are numerous forever wild waters... i'm not sure I'm down with that.

Do other liberal states do this like California? 

If not then I don't think you will have to worry about that.

17 hours ago, Belo said:

So obviously you have never been out west and gone to any of our national parks, cause you have to pay to enter all of them...  People getting the resources for free doesn't sustain the resources.  We as hunters have been paying forever for conservation, now it's time for the rest of the users to pay their share.

2 minutes ago, Rack Attack said:

So obviously you have never been out west and gone to any of our national parks, cause you have to pay to enter all of them...  People getting the resources for free doesn't sustain the resources.  We as hunters have been paying forever for conservation, now it's time for the rest of the users to pay their share.

i have paid for plenty of state and national forests. But by and large most are free to utilize. Imagine a boat ramp fee for a pond in the daks?

What the hell is wrong with NPR? I receive two radio stations at my camp - NPR and a golden oldies channel. While the latter gets my toes tapping, NPR keeps me sane on the long lonely nights.

Someone, please point me in the direction of these anti-hunting major network media reports.  

Flamingo is reportedly delicious.

Scald the flamingo, wash and dress it, put it in a pot, add water, salt, dill, and a little vinegar to be parboiled. Finish cooking with a bunch of leeks and coriander, and add some reduced must [grape juice] to give it color. In the mortar crush pepper, cumin, coriander, laser root, mint, rue, moisten with vinegar, add dates, and the fond [drippings] of the braised bird, thicken, strain, cover the bird with the sauce and serve. ~ Apicius 6.231

Fewer not less.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rack Attack said:

I no all the federl parks you have to pay .

Out west also