Just bought a Kawasaki Prairie 360

9 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

No majestic trails is in rew pa just outside Bradford it's 20$ a machine a day or 100 for the year. Really an awesome place highly recommend checking it out. There's a ton of trails all marked and different difficulty levels.

Also if ever get the chance go down to WV and check out the Hatfield and macoy trails that's pretty awesome too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Oh yes the Hatfield trail is on my bucket list.. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Bionic said:

Not sure if anyone cares, but I like sharing, and feel its pretty harmless lol.  Went for a 25 mile ride this weekend,  had a blast.  Dad, and my girlfriend,  and I, good food, good cruise.

20180526_163506.jpg

20180526_164135.jpg

20180526_164319.jpg

Looks like a good time, private land or trail system ? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Added rear foot pegs for my girlfriend.   She was mentioning how she felt as if she was slipping, so I found these food pegs on Amazon. I installed them yesterday,  what a difference,  it's comfortable now.  

Forgot to rotate the phone horizontally, hence the crookedy pics.

20180617_170600.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a synthetic winch rope, smooth fairlead(is that the name?) Bumpstop, and hook kit.  Orange rope, orange hook, stainless fairlead, black bumpstop.  Looking forward to it, I like to make what is mine, look like mine.  I have always been that way.  Should be here Saturday. Not sure if anyone is all that interested in this thread, but I will post either way.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Looking good, I hope you plan on posting some photos from the Maine trip.. 

Thanks! And I was hoping someone would ask, lol.  I want to create a thread of my trip, but didn't want it to be like a "who cares" thread, haha.

9 hours ago, Moho81 said:

All I care about is you cleaning up that insulation in the garage ceiling. I’m a bit disappointed.

Lol. Kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is pretty taddered up, if thats even a word, lol.  Upstairs makes up for it :-)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bionic said:

Thanks! And I was hoping someone would ask, lol.  I want to create a thread of my trip, but didn't want it to be like a "who cares" thread, haha.

I too look forward to the photo's on the Maine trails!  Keep safe and have fun!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Added the OEM speedometer/odometer/tripmeter to my quad the other night.  Last year I used my phone to check speed through a GPS app while on the paved roads in Maine.  Looking forward to this trip, for many reasons.  I also added 1.5” wheel spacers to the quad since I lifted it 2.5”.  I was always very against spacers, but wanted to add some stability to it, since Jenn sits up high on that rear seat.  I love installing add-ons, so it has been fun.  Maine is coming soon.  

A little story, that I might only find funny is about that gas tank breather hose, and how it is green.  I love orange lately, and think its cool with camo on the quad for obvious reasons....well my dad knows this, but his favorite color is green...well one afternoon he was at a powersports dealer for stuff for his sleds....he saw the breather hoses, and he bought a green one because I wanted an orange one for the quad.  He was probably 15 miles away before he realized he screwed up, and bought GREEN, and not ORANGE... lol  i put it on anyways because its from him, and hes my best friend....gives me a smile when I look at it, we laugh about it.

D803EC10-1C68-4CF4-B0E0-D2C3174891F4.jpeg

285B2724-C779-42FC-B3F8-96859B00BB78.jpeg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 8

Added the OEM speedometer/odometer/tripmeter to my quad the other night.  Last year I used my phone to check speed through a GPS app while on the paved roads in Maine.  Looking forward to this trip, for many reasons.  I also added 1.5” wheel spacers to the quad since I lifted it 2.5”.  I was always very against spacers, but wanted to add some stability to it, since Jenn sits up high on that rear seat.  I love installing add-ons, so it has been fun.  Maine is coming soon.  
A little story, that I might only find funny is about that gas tank breather hose, and how it is green.  I love orange lately, and think its cool with camo on the quad for obvious reasons....well my dad knows this, but his favorite color is green...well one afternoon he was at a powersports dealer for stuff for his sleds....he saw the breather hoses, and he bought a green one because I wanted an orange one for the quad.  He was probably 15 miles away before he realized he screwed up, and bought GREEN, and not ORANGE... lol  i put it on anyways because its from him, and hes my best friend....gives me a smile when I look at it, we laugh about it.
D803EC10-1C68-4CF4-B0E0-D2C3174891F4.thumb.jpeg.13d1f58a9b748b5abeb2bffdd3bf15ca.jpeg

285B2724-C779-42FC-B3F8-96859B00BB78.thumb.jpeg.d9551f8be7f46eb54573fe975c7be770.jpeg

So there was no speedometer/odometer before your put one on? Or there was, but not working?

7 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

So there was no speedometer/odometer before your put one on? Or there was, but not working?

No speedometer from the factory, it had the hole in the dash with a Kawasaki badged plug to give it a finished look.  the wires were added at the factory though, so this was bolt in, and plug 3 plugs in, very simple.  The wires/plugs were sealed in a velcro bag from factory to keep them clean which was nice to see.

0706689B-B7AF-44C6-A6AA-ECF1AFADB595.jpeg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

Looking good sir. How are you liking the lift ? Did it make quads suspension feel a little stiffer?  On the wife’s older 450 quad I installed 1 inch spacers all around and she loved the added stability . Never had any problems from them. The speedo pod looks good installed. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Looking good sir. How are you liking the lift ? Did it make quads suspension feel a little stiffer?  On the wife’s older 450 quad I installed 1 inch spacers all around and she loved the added stability . Never had any problems from them. The speedo pod looks good installed. 

Thank you, I have been enjoying this machine, been a great starter quad for us. I am very happy with the lift, it is lifted similarly than what you describe,   Drop down spacer at screws down onto the top of the strut, ride quality unaffected as far as cushion/bumps go, but it felt a pinch top heavy at times, especially since Jenn is on that seat so high up.  Feels like an entirely different machine now though in a good way.

Just a quick question on the rear rack/seat.  Buddy of mine got a ticket somewhere out west, forgot where, for having his wife riding on the quad while using one of those. Seems there laws it needed to be a factory 2 up, no aftermarket seats.   

Assuming Maine is ok with the seat?  

Quad is looking great. Haven't done a thing to mine yet. 

No speedometer from the factory, it had the hole in the dash with a Kawasaki badged plug to give it a finished look.  the wires were added at the factory though, so this was bolt in, and plug 3 plugs in, very simple.  The wires/plugs were sealed in a velcro bag from factory to keep them clean which was nice to see.
0706689B-B7AF-44C6-A6AA-ECF1AFADB595.thumb.jpeg.4cb384a3644452a6c84dabfbc1633ea3.jpeg

Wow , interesting. Didn’t know some atv’s were made like that. So you have no clue how many hours/miles are on one unless it was your own from day 1

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Wow , interesting. Didn’t know some atv’s were made like that. So you have no clue how many hours/miles are on one unless it was your own from day 1

Correct, I think this is pretty much an entry level quad anyways.  Also, even if this had one from day one, and you wanted to be a scumbag, you could unplug the 3 plugs, for years, so it looks as if it had very low miles...I bought from the neighbor next to where I grew up, he bought it new, so I know it had extremely low miles, just enough “use” to keep the carb from getting gummed up.  He would putz around his 1 acre with his grandkids on his lap, plow his blacktop driveway maybe 3x, and he used it a deer camp for the last season he was apart of it, for exactly one week to/from his stand.  I could not have found a better used machine, lucked out.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, mowin said:

Just a quick question on the rear rack/seat.  Buddy of mine got a ticket somewhere out west, forgot where, for having his wife riding on the quad while using one of those. Seems there laws it needed to be a factory 2 up, no aftermarket seats.   

Assuming Maine is ok with the seat?  

Quad is looking great. Haven't done a thing to mine yet. 

Morning Mowin, thank you.

i did research that last year prior to going to Maine, and I honestly cannot remember if Maine is technically accepting aftermarket seats as lawful, not.  I do know that NY is not ok with it....in my short experience, neither state has looked twice, I feel it is one of those deals where if you appear responsible in how you drive, you are ok.  

@mowin I just checked Maine.gov again, this is all I see...later on it mentions that snorkel kits are unlawful, but no mention that I noticed about aftermarket passenger seats.  

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bionic said:

i did research that last year prior to going to Maine, and I honestly cannot remember if Maine is technically accepting aftermarket seats as lawful, not.  I do know that NY is not ok with it....in my short experience, neither state has looked twice, I feel it is one of those deals where if you appear responsible in how you drive, you are ok.  

At least you looked into it. I agree, ride responsible, and you're fine.  Ride like a idiot, and their gonna find every infraction. Lol

Love Maine. Looking forward to your pics. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I’ve seen tons of guys running the seats here,I believe your 100% correct.  don’t get into trouble your good, but get noticed and just another fine the police can tack on. 

• Like 1