Camouflage Selection

Bobonli

I searched the site and did not find anything recent. This will be my first season hunting turkey and deer, predominantly on Long Island but I plan to venture up to Westchester and Putnam.  I have zero items of camouflage. I'm partial to wool products since I wear them hiking and cycling, so I've been looking at First Lite. They have patterns called "Fusion" and "Cipher" that appear to be green or brown-dominant respectively. UA's stuff appears to have the same color separation.

Where do I want to be in terms of color palate? More green or brown? Or does it even matter?

I can look out the window and see what the landscape is but for the life of me cannot figure this out! And it's not as if I'm color blind...something about the patterns in the ads screws with my perception about what matches. It's so much easier to bird hunt: just strap on an orange vest :rolleyes:

Thank you.

I have a pair of Cabelas branded Wooltimate pants I love.  They make jackets too. The wind sheer lining is nice.  Check the bargain cave on Cabelas website as you may find a great deal now that deer season has been over.  I’m not sure I could match s single top and bottom for turkey hunting.  Real tree patterns are pretty good.  Definitely shop the bargain cave 

it doesn't matter that much. you're over thinking it. just get what you'll hunt deer with.  for turkey hell they make cheap light weight cover suites. it'll be potentially hot during spring turkey season and cold during deer season so same set of camo won't serve you as well for both.

• Like 2