Vegans and masculinity

steve863

2 minutes ago, steve863 said:

OK I won't, but could I ask them what's so great about rolling around on the mat in a tight clinch with another sweaty guy wearing only their briefs???

Ask them that as well. Not talking the WWE here, talking MMA. 

a life long friend of mine transitioned to vegan from vegetarian over a course of years. He used to love a good steak and a bucket of wings as much as anyone. One day he was eating chicken and got a vein caught between his front teeth, and said to himself "ya know, this is gross", and went vegetarian. I cant argue with him. it is, if we think about it. but he has no issue with hunting/ shooting, my leather jacket, etc. It was just a choice he made for himself. I respect that, he respects my carnivorous gallivanting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philoshop said:

Somehow, that really doesn't surprise me.

I know, it's terrible. I instinctively know where to put the credenza in a room, have impeccable table manners and can sing all the songs of West Side Story. One time, some young friends asked for a recommendation for a guy movie and I suggested 12 Angry Men. They were a little disappointed. 

Oh well, we all have to live with our limitations, don't we?

• Haha 1

Imagine being a vegan on the FD.  We have one nice guy good FF,But us  being , well meat eaters to the extreme ,it makes for interesting meal times . One night we made a prime rib, I found him at 2 AM spraying the counters down with a cleaner ( well after we already cleaned up ).

Tonight he sent me this pic from his firehouse , a vegan “ pig” cake they had , one of the guys wife makes these outrageous cakes .

oh and there all vegans, till they get drunk and order chicken wings .....

A42B726C-DB01-4DA7-AFCC-546524C5BAAC.jpeg

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, steve863 said:

OK I won't, but could I ask them what's so great about rolling around on the mat in a tight clinch with another sweaty guy wearing only their briefs???

You forgot ringworm, staph, and injuries. But getting beat up is good for us manly men. It humbles you and keeps you in shape. You can eat more bacon if you're in shape, just sayin'. 

16 hours ago, tommyc50 said:

hey guys  just my two cents im a diabetic and i have to watch my diet  and i have added veggies MORE  to my diet im a meat hunter [ my dad use to say you cant eat antlers] and venison is the MOST healthiest meat there is.  EVEN uncle ted [ ted nugent] if you watched his show does the 80/ 20 rule that is 80% healthy and 20% junk. Yes i have see fat vegans [pizza is vegan food lol]. Carbs and anything white is a killer for me sugar flour ect.. And see being  italian  i know my carbs lol but see italians in italy dont eat like italian americans.  People from  naples are called leaf eaters. its all about balance like the chinese ying and yang thing

type 1 diabetic here. 29 years and counting. lean meat (venison) with veggies and keeping carbs low is THE best diet for people with our condition. There is no argument. It's fact. protein is needed to sustain and stabilize blood surgars. carbs will cause a spike. and everyone knows veggies are good. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, steve863 said:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/22/eating-vegan-diet-promotes-white-masculinity-sociologist-argues.html

Had to post this stupid article, since it has to be one of the dumbest I've read in a while.  And believe it or not it was on the Fox website, so Storm can't say that it was from a "liberal" biased site.  My own opinion is that men who are vegans are wimps and pu$$ies, but this article tries to argue the opposite.  Interested to hear everyone's thoughts?

22 hours ago, steve863 said:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/22/eating-vegan-diet-promotes-white-masculinity-sociologist-argues.html

Had to post this stupid article, since it has to be one of the dumbest I've read in a while.  And believe it or not it was on the Fox website, so Storm can't say that it was from a "liberal" biased site.  My own opinion is that men who are vegans are wimps and pu$$ies, but this article tries to argue the opposite.  Interested to hear everyone's thoughts?

thanks for mentioning me steve my theory is they know it will bring in viewers to there site click bait something to get attention.

Obviously it's wrong.

The most aggressive species all eat meat 

.  Lions  wolves bears eat meat these are the most masculine aggressive animals there are so what ever that article says it's definitely flawed .

Humans are  just another Predator .

And I'm not going to bother hitting on there clickbait to look lol .

Dont know  one guy that is a vegan .

Only girls in the first place if you did a study you would find most of them are women . And if I go look on YouTube  i bet you any money any guy on there talking about being a vegan sounds  like someone is  pulling on there nuts as they talk lol 

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Rob... said:

Aren't there a few MMA fighters who are vegan? I DARE you to go call any of them including the female MMA fighters wimps or pussies! Then post up the pics of you in the ER!

None of the top level guys that I can think of ,there was guy who's name is slipping my mind right now ,he was a top ten guy.  Performance athletes might be making the switch from meat ,a new protein made out of ground crickets is becoming popular . Just depends if they want to get into the grey area of eating insects. 

20 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

None of the top level guys that I can think of ,there was guy who's name is slipping my mind right now ,he was a top ten guy.  Performance athletes might be making the switch from meat ,a new protein made out of ground crickets is becoming popular . Just depends if they want to get into the grey area of eating insects. 

That is different you probably have body builders or some athletes who don't eat meat because  of the fat in it so they  substitute it with some type of artificial pure protein powder crap and steroids. To get the same benefits of the meat protein without the fat content. But it is the steroids that is making them more of  man dont kid yourself.

Show me a masculine vegan that is  not a juice head  they don't exist lol 

Edited by Storm914

39 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I think some of those so-so fighters might be turning vegan to use it to their advantage.  The fighter squatting in the attached photo is a vegan and just ripped one into his opponents face and rendered him unconscious.  Fight over!!

20110531053347_110529215206.JPG

Edited by steve863
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Mac Danzig and Nate Diaz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

That is different you probably have body builders or some athletes who don't eat meat because  of the fat in it so they  substitute it with some type of artificial pure protein powder crap and steroids. To get the same benefits of the meat protein without the fat content. But it is the steroids that is making them more of  man dont kid yourself.

Show me a masculine vegan that is  not a juice head  they don't exist lol 

High fat diets are the new trend . There's even doctors now who are saying not to worry about cholesteol numbers so much. Joe rogan talks about it a lot ,he's had some professionals on his show talking about it.

• Like 1

As a fat, coconut oil has been shown to be very supportive of cardiac health. It is what we use for most of our cooking. I take some in coffee from time to time and we eat a ton of butter. I recently changed doctors and after the initial battery of tests was told I was one of his healthiest patients in terms of my numbers.