Your best April fools prank..

mowin

With 4-1 about a week away, Iets hear your best "fool", or how did you get fooled. 

My best was several yrs ago aimed at my 15 yr step brat who said I could never fool her.

She was convinced she was going to be a model.  I've got a client that works for victory secrets, a store she loves.  My client is a lighting designer, but when I told my SD I left out the lighting part. She beged me to ask him about becoming a model for VS.  

Well, a few weeks later, on the 1st, I pretend to get a call from my client. I let a few key words slip about modeling, and a trip to NYC. She was shaking with excitement.  Begging me to let her go. I "told" my client that we were not comfortable sending her to NYC, and we're going to decline the offer, thanked him and hung up.  She was livid.. huge tears rolling down her cheeks.  I calmly asked her what day it is. She suddenly realized I fooled her. Needless to say she wasn't pleased. I reminded her of her "never happen" statement.  Shes now 21, and I felt it was my duty to tell her boyfriend about her brief modeling career. Lol.  Again, she wasn't pleased.   

So what's your best.   

• Like 4

My entire staff once called in.  Each one of them called the office at said they were sick.  So i took all the vehicles and parked them behind the building before they got here.  (that was a mess there were 22 buses at the time so I really packed them in behind in the grass) So when they got in they didnt see any of them.  I told them I thought they called in so i had it covered.  They really thought i did since all the vehicles were gone. 

• Like 4

Buddy at Firehouse had a new to him truck.  Swiped his keys,  rolled down the passenger window, left brick on seat, sprinkled broken window glass all around. 

I was hoping to see how long he drove around with plastic taped over the opening in the windows place.  I did not plan on him calling the PD. I convinced him to check for the factory installed spare window as the PD arrived.  Haha. Still makes me laugh. 

Long zip tie around drive shaft is also good for many laughs. More subtle though.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Floorabove said:

Buddy at Firehouse had a new to him truck.  Swiped his keys,  rolled down the passenger window, left brick on seat, sprinkled broken window glass all around. 

I was hoping to see how long he drove around with plastic taped over the opening in the windows place.  I did not plan on him calling the PD. I convinced him to check for the factory installed spare window as the PD arrived.  Haha. Still makes me laugh. 

Long zip tie around drive shaft is also good for many laughs. More subtle though.  

Did the PD have a sence of humor? 

Edited by mowin

i put our secretary's iPhone she was glued to above the accessible grid ceiling so it sat on the ceiling tile. she left it on the desk to go somewhere quick, bathroom or something i don't remember. she had someone call it and it went off. sounded clear as day somewhere at her desk. had half a dozen people convinced it was there at her desk and she must have misplaced it but it's got to be there. then another prankster we work with, who was previously pranking others including me, showed up as they finally figured out it was up in the ceiling. she defaulted to him and he took the fall. i by dumb luck nailed two pranks in one.  he completely had the looked of being blind sided.

PD played right along, said they had spare Windows installed on their cruisers too. 

Another er one I just remembered: Another FD dude bought a VW TDI diesel for the commute, due to the excellent fuel mileage.  Well it wasn't long before we got tired Of his daily fuel economy reports, so we started adding some diesel to his tank every day . He was convinced he was getting 90mpg. Haha!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Floorabove said:

PD played right along, said they had spare Windows installed on their cruisers too. 

Another er one I just remembered: Another FD dude bought a VW TDI diesel for the commute, due to the excellent fuel mileage.  Well it wasn't long before we got tired Of his daily fuel economy reports, so we started adding some diesel to his tank every day . He was convinced he was getting 90mpg. Haha!

I could live with someone pranking me like that ! Fill er up !

• Like 3

My wife pulled one on me . I made sure that I always got to work early and was never late . One morning she got me up and said the alarm clock didn't go off and I was late . I jumped out of bed and she said she would get coffee and toast for me while I shaved . I was ticked and in the bathroom swearing while I was shaving . She came to the door and said , "before you cut yourself shaving , I set the clocks ahead and you aren't late . April Fool " !  I chuckled all the way to work . Damn that woman ...:taunt:

• Like 5

Good thread!! Family is coming in for Easter Sunday which obviously is April 1st this year. Daughters, sons-in-law, and 4 grandchildren all with a great sense of humor. I'll be mining this thread for potential pranks.

There will probably be an outdoor Easter egg hunt at a minimum, so I could use a couple of pranks around that!

Deer poop all over the back yard, so I'm already planning in the "taste the poop" joke with some sleight of hand with raisinets.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Who’s drinking heavily Saturday night , hiding their own Easter basket and looking for it Sunday ? 

One of those fake winning lottery tickets in someone’s basket would do the trick.  Spencer’s carries them. 

Those tickets are cruel.  I couldn't give one out.  Unless the recipient was rich and the money wasn't really needed. 

36 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I always left a memo for coworkers with Buffalo zoos phone number.  Mr Lyon called and would like you to call him back. 

i did that same thing with the Utica Zoo to one of my staff - gave him the number and "Don Keys" called for him, then the next year got him again with "Elle Phant"  it was just as funny too! 

• Like 1

Any of you ever use those joke gift boxes? Funny exterior art, and put your real gift inside.

I bought a half dozen different ones last Christmas and used a few.

My oldest daughter like to do crafts with our granddaughters, so while they were unwrapping them, I explained how I picked out this candle kit that they could work on together. The look on their faces was priceless.

My youngest daughter made a fire pit in their back yard that they enjoy and had their first child last Fall. So baby's first fire pit was a good thoughtful Christmas gift from us. Again, priceless looks! I've got a few more stashed for future gift giving occasions.

41tq0FRMCHL__SX355_.jpg

fire.png

• Like 1

This is going to take me some typing but it is way to good not to share.....probably 20 years ago now I had a friend that broke up with his girl and he was getting upset that he couldn't find anyone with this woe is me attitude. So while he was sitting in my living room I got on the phone and pretended I was calling the paper and set up a personal add with him yelling at me the whole time to stop but I pulled it off with him really thinking I had setup an ad. So I waited a day or two, I don't really remember how long but I was talking to one of the girls in my office about it at the time and she was awesome. I asked her if she would be willing to call him and pretend she was answering the personal ad. So she does and gets my friend on the phone and she is great...asking him all kinds of questions etc...I remember thinking I hope she doesn't get in trouble for being on the phone so long. So my buddy is hook line and sinkered at this point and I can hardly contain myself from falling down I am laughing so hard but the girl was great..she never laughed or let on and just kept talking. So they decide they are going to meet that night for coffee ( don't remember where) but my friend was like how will I recognize you. So the girl tells him (this part was all on her) I am at work right now and I have a big red dress on and I won't have time to change before I meet you so I will be easy to spot....So my buddy says...in this voice I can't explain so you will have to read into it....BIG?????.....So she tells him that she is heavy set and busty and my buddy starts back peddling trying to get out of the meet. She starts getting louder and louder on the phone to the point where she yells at him...what you don't want to meet me because I am fat you POS.....OMG I couldn't take it anymore.....I got on the phone and said OMG...when I pretended to place that ad I never in a million years thought I would get you this good. I thought he was going to kill me. I laugh when I think about it today......I honestly don't remember if that was an April fools joke or not but it is easily the best prank I have ever pulled on someone...

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Any of you ever use those joke gift boxes? Funny exterior art, and put your real gift inside.

I bought a half dozen different ones last Christmas and used a few.

My oldest daughter like to do crafts with our granddaughters, so while they were unwrapping them, I explained how I picked out this candle kit that they could work on together. The look on their faces was priceless.

My youngest daughter made a fire pit in their back yard that they enjoy and had their first child last Fall. So baby's first fire pit was a good thoughtful Christmas gift from us. Again, priceless looks! I've got a few more stashed for future gift giving occasions.

41tq0FRMCHL__SX355_.jpg

fire.png

ACF1AD67-816F-4561-9F83-C3361A2AB730.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1