Still hanging on...

NonTypical

25 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Doesn't look like you got hit that hard with the snow yesterday.I saw a small 5-6 still holding in mastic this evening.

We only got a few inches out here. It disappeared pretty quick. I think central and western Suffolk got it the worst. 

This absolutely baffles me. . . how and why does this happen? I always thought it was related to how mild the winter is, I remember ..I think it was 5 years ago we had that extremely mild winter, we got hardly any snow, aside from that freak Halloween storm, I was also downstate in Westchester county that year and I saw multiple bucks in late March sporting their full racks, but it made more sense to me since the winter was super mild. This year we had a bout of extreme cold, and a significant amount of snow, its strange that any of the bucks would have kept their antlers

18 minutes ago, Iluvracks1359 said:

This absolutely baffles me. . . how and why does this happen? I always thought it was related to how mild the winter is, I remember ..I think it was 5 years ago we had that extremely mild winter, we got hardly any snow, aside from that freak Halloween storm, I was also downstate in Westchester county that year and I saw multiple bucks in late March sporting their full racks, but it made more sense to me since the winter was super mild. This year we had a bout of extreme cold, and a significant amount of snow, its strange that any of the bucks would have kept their antlers

From what I’ve read, I believe that testosterone levels are a huge factor when dropping their horns. I have pics of bucks chasing in January and also saw fresh rubs on January 31.