no i just posted something on this in another post, No regulation lots of whack jobs out there.. not to say they wouldnt get the guns illegally but at least if they do get stopped or caught they can be arrested... u want every gang member to legally carry a gun violent felons... I know people would say that issue would take care of its self quickley... but what about the unintended victims... As LEO for over  20yrs ive changed my views on gun laws several times is there a need for restrictions yes. Should certain ones have harsher penalties yes do we need more i dont think so. 

• Like 1

no.. I think regulations are necessary..Like land 1 posted there are too many "whack jobs".

Doc, I'm sure that you remember that we used to be able to buy an army surplus m1 carbine for $60 and under and It came with a 15 shot clip and could get a banana clip mail order if you wanted one. Most hunter's that I knew weren't interested in it because it wasn't good for anything that we hunted, but some bought them. Things were very different then and I never remember a mass shooting. Maybe there's just too much hate and intolerance now.

Obviously there needs to be gun regulations.Just not these BS regulations.Not everyone that owns a gun hunts some people like long range,target,plinking,competition or just plain old pounding the paper.I'm not sure anyone could compete in a three gun shoot with these  f'd up laws in this state.I'm all for better background checks.Mental health is a tricky,but definitely needs to be improved.I don't think someone that commits a felony at a young age or old age for that matter will be a threat there whole life i know many of them who changed there way of life for the better,but have to bare that cross for ever!! 

The Founders agreed that arms should be kept from the hands of felons and the mentally ill.  I'm fine with that.  Unfortunately, NICS is only as effective as the information that goes into the database and there is a huge debate as to how HIPPA info should be incorporated.  Court-ordered mental health holds and drug convictions should not be withheld though.

Be that as it may, LE sees plenty of repeat customers.  The court system is a virtual turnstile.  Those criminals aren't going through a NICS check, yet their violent crimes have a far greater impact on communities than whatever mass shooting the national media wants to trumpet 24/7.  

FWIW, I really don't understand how someone can look at all of the failures by BSO and the FBI on the Parkland shooter and conclude that we need more gun bans to stop the next guy.  We can role play that scenario all day and it will fail every time.   Also FWIW, I have a daughter in middle school so there is a very vested interest in what gets done.

Edited by Jdubs
  • Like 3

I am for good back ground checks .

But not things like gettng fingerprinted like you are  a criminal just because you want to buy and shoot a pistol at a gun range or hunt with it . Or gun registrations unless  you want to conceal carry that's a different story then I don't take issue with exstra regulation for those people .

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

I don't believe the clown in Albany or the nit wits in Washington need to know anymore about what we own than they know know.Your never going to remove guns of any sort from the criminals by making the law abiding public jump thru any more hoops.

Punish the criminals to the fullest extent, that probably won't deter all but it may help.Too many loopholes for the criminals to use in their defense.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, wztirem said:

in any event, there will be a lawsuit regarding the 2nd amendment which SCOTUS  will render a ruling. God help us!

Since Heller , they’ve refused to hear any , and if Trump appoints another I’m all for another case .

random thoughts 

Id draw the line for civilians at crew weapons for the most part .

Anyone who thinks this is about assault weapons hasn’t been paying to much attention to what’s been coming out of the antis mouths .

The 2A is not about hunting .

They’re  not “ clips” its funny when the antis get basics wrong, sad when we do.

They’re not “ large capacity “ they’re standard , it’s what the gun was made to hold .

ive got to go drain the water from my large capacity pasta pot now .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Storm914 said:

I am for good back ground checks .

But not things like gettng fingerprinted like you are  a criminal just because you want to buy and shoot a pistol at a gun range or hunt with it . Or gun registrations unless  you want to conceal carry that's a different story then I don't take issue with exstra regulation for those people .

Finger printing is the way of the future in time we wll no longer have photo ID's.I dont care myself about concealed carry that is why I have a gun rack in my pickup truck. if you/they have to hide their firearms then maybe they shouldn't own them.

10 minutes ago, Dom said:

Finger printing is the way of the future in time we wll no longer have photo ID's.I dont care myself about concealed carry that is why I have a gun rack in my pickup truck. if you/they have to hide their firearms then maybe they shouldn't own them.

Does Congress have to get fingerprinted?   Or the general population ? 

Because if they don't have to get tagged like sheep why should you ?

Got a passport hunting license driver's license no finger printing needed 

Why should just simply buy a gun for your home. 

Not to concealed carry be any different.

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Does Congress have to get fingerprinted?   Or the general population ? 

Because if they don't have to get tagged like sheep why should you ?

Everyone will have no choice but to be printed.I have cashed checks that required atleast a thumb print,

2 hours ago, 52 farmer said:

I don't believe the clown in Albany or the nit wits in Washington need to know anymore about what we own than they know know.Your never going to remove guns of any sort from the criminals by making the law abiding public jump thru any more hoops.

Punish the criminals to the fullest extent, that probably won't deter all but it may help.Too many loopholes for the criminals to use in their defense.

I agree with this, but if by "the clown in Albany" you mean Cuomo, he doesn't live there. He lives downstate and passes his bills in the back room of an illegal brothel. Please get that right.

The more laws they pass it seems the worse things get! I am a very strong supporter of Constitutional Carry. I have stated though, that I see no reason for any civilian to be allowed to posses a fully automatic firearm, and I feel to carry a concealed pistol should require some serious BG checks, and yes, a permit.

This has been a very slippery slope for a couple decades now. You can't cure stupid, so stupid people will do stupid things with guns no matter what laws they have to break. That dick in FL had a record for having issues, nothing was done to stop him. He could have just as easily made bombs which there is no BG check to buy the crap needed to make those.

Ban the 'scary looking guns" is what the anti's wants to start off with, then they will get bolder.

Laws are most likely coming, and in all honesty, there's not one damn thing we can do about it if/when they do. 

14 minutes ago, Rob... said:

I agree with this, but if by "the clown in Albany" you mean Cuomo, he doesn't live there. He lives downstate and passes his bills in the back room of an illegal brothel. Please get that right.

The more laws they pass it seems the worse things get! I am a very strong supporter of Constitutional Carry. I have stated though, that I see no reason for any civilian to be allowed to posses a fully automatic firearm, and I feel to carry a concealed pistol should require some serious BG checks, and yes, a permit.

This has been a very slippery slope for a couple decades now. You can't cure stupid, so stupid people will do stupid things with guns no matter what laws they have to break. That dick in FL had a record for having issues, nothing was done to stop him. He could have just as easily made bombs which there is no BG check to buy the crap needed to make those.

Ban the 'scary looking guns" is what the anti's wants to start off with, then they will get bolder.

Laws are most likely coming, and in all honesty, there's not one damn thing we can do about it if/when they do. 

If I'm not mistaken the guys who have all the records for most confermed  kills in war snipers,  all used bolt guns .

So those will be next I guess .

23 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Background checks for everybody , gun owner or not . Can't vote or buy a gun without the back ground check. 

Background checks for voters? Haaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah! Liberals would win every election! Think about that one for a minute! Not on board for that at all!