New tractor

This morning we made a deal on a tractor. We ended up buying a leftover 2017 Kioti DK4510 HS with a loader from the local Kioti dealer. The paperwork just has to be finished Monday morning and they will be swapping the commercial tires out for AGs and loading them with rim saver, which is actually beet juice. Should be a perfect setup for us. Can’t wait to have it delivered and start getting to work with it. 

74543B46-9383-49ED-B385-3CE9AEF58A15.jpeg

• Like 20

KEWL  !!  Nice toy !!

I'm on my way to the property this afternoon to put the battery in the old Ford 9N and see if she will fire up...

Last year she popped right off after sitting outside without being started for 6 months...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

KEWL  !!  Nice toy !!

I'm on my way to the property this afternoon to put the battery in the old Ford 9N and see if she will fire up...

Last year she popped right off after sitting outside without being started for 6 months...

The old stuff just works better. Clean the mice out of the intake and check for rodent damage on the wires.  And check your tractor too.

• Like 1

Yep. We need it. We’ve been stranded back on our 1/2 mile private road for 2 days twice this winter. Plus I want To buy loads of logs for firewood and I’ll need to move them with the tractor. It really surprises me that none of the neighbors have a tractor back here. We’ve only been here for a few months and realized it’s a necessity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I’m looking to pick up a 6 foot brush hog and a disc this spring. I have To do a little looking on what size disc this will handle. A snow plow setup is also something we need. 

I have a 40hp Kioti with the hydro,use a 2 bottom plow,7 foot disc with about 1000 lbs on top of it, works very well.Mine has ind. tires also, so with 5 more horse ,shuttle trans ,and farm tires you will be good to go.Great choice you will never regret.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 52 farmer said:

I have a 40hp Kioti with the hydro,use a 2 bottom plow,7 foot disc with about 1000 lbs on top of it, works very well.Mine has ind. tires also, so with 5 more horse ,shuttle trans ,and farm tires you will be good to go.Great choice you will never regret.

Are you using a 3pt disc or a travel disc?

You should be able pull a 8 ft disk no problem. And more likely a 10ft. I pull a 8ft 3pt with float hitch with 35 horse kioti with no problem.. the heavier and bigger the better..and transport other 3 pt if you can find one

• Like 1