New tractor

14 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

short story

officer: know why i pulled you over.

larry: why no officer. i'm just driving this tractor.

officer: license and... license?

larry: sh*t. i forgot it at john's house. can you hold my beer? i'm going to call him right now.

....to be continued.

It has a cup holder, no need to have the cop hold your beer :good:

• Like 1

On 3/24/2018 at 6:24 PM, grampy said:

Nice tractor John! So many jobs you can do with a machine like that!

Like this one.20171113_172030.thumb.jpg.0a32bf33bc040948d49d4e5d9cbd0fa0.jpgWe bought a new Mahindra last summer. Great tractor so far.

I wanted to look at Mahindras, but we dont have a local dealer, so they came off of my short list. Ive heard nothing but good things about them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, airedale said:

Especially snow removal!

005.JPG

2017-03-20_093015.png

Not looking to high jack just a lot of people on this thread with different tractors. How do you like the TYM? I was looking at Kioti, LS, TYM, Mahindra, Yanmar. All around the 25hp mark. Right now for the money the LS has my attention. I can't use a cab in the woods where I am so that would out of the question.

19 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

How do you like the TYM?

The TYM model I have is the 433 (Perkins 43 HP Sync/Shuttle-16/F16R trans) and have owned it now for 8 yrs, in that time it has been worked hard and I have zero complaints.  TYM not only sells under their own name but makes and sells various models under other manufacturers badges such as Mahindra, Cabelas and Branson I think.

Knock on wood "So Far So good"

Al

• Like 1

Question for you guys. Since we financed part of the tractor, the finance company says we have to have insurance on it before it can be delivered. Any of you guys have insurance on yours, and if so, who did you go through? I need it to cover the tractor when its on or off of my property.

4 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Since we financed part of the tractor, the finance company says we have to have insurance on it before it can be delivered. Any of you guys have insurance on yours, and if so, who did you go through?

Same deal for me, I had a floater for the tractor added to my homeowner's policy.

Al

1 minute ago, airedale said:

Same deal for me, I had a floater for the tractor added to my homeowner's policy.

Al

My gf was on the phone with Geico, who has our Homeowners policy, for almost an hour and they couldnt figure it out. I can just get a separate policy for now, so it gets delivered tomorrow, and then transfer it if Geico ever gets their heads out of their asses later lol.

3 minutes ago, 52 farmer said:

I don't and never did, always was under the assumption it would be covered under homeowners.

Some do some dont. Even if yours does, the second it leaves your property its no longer covered.

The farm I hunt is not my property, and if I take it there to do some work, it wouldnt be covered. Even if I took it to my father or sisters place to help them with things, I need it to be covered.

I am going to have to ask my insurance guy next time i talk to him what stipulations their are as far as home or at camp or anywhere in between.I would think in transport it would be covered under your auto policy, but not sure of that either.

This is way outta my wheelhouse regarding expertise, but I think a rider on the homeowner policy should cover it at home. Just like things such as guns and jewelry.

If you're operating it off the property it will likely be considered a commercial liability requiring a separate policy. Especially if you have a trailer to transport it. They're nosy, and they want to know what you're doing with your tractor. A lot of it depends on where you live.

WNY answered before me.

9 minutes ago, 52 farmer said:

I am going to have to ask my insurance guy next time i talk to him what stipulations their are as far as home or at camp or anywhere in between.I would think in transport it would be covered under your auto policy, but not sure of that either.

My auto covers anything in my truck or attached to it.

1 minute ago, chas0218 said:

My auto covers anything in my truck or attached to it.

I believe your correct as long as your not hauling or carrying any thing for profit or payment.I was told years back if i was hauling firewood to sell if anything happened i would not be covered under my normal auto policy.

3 minutes ago, 52 farmer said:

I believe your correct as long as your not hauling or carrying any thing for profit or payment.I was told years back if i was hauling firewood to sell if anything happened i would not be covered under my normal auto policy.

Correct, I would also need commercial plates on my truck along with DOT#'s if for business. If something were to happen you make something up as to why you were hauling the wood or bringing it over for a friend.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Question for you guys. Since we financed part of the tractor, the finance company says we have to have insurance on it before it can be delivered. Any of you guys have insurance on yours, and if so, who did you go through? I need it to cover the tractor when its on or off of my property.

I ran into that at the JD dealer when I financed mine. It was a "duh" moment for me as I guess I should have known that. Anyways, I found the day before the delivery day, and now I was stalling the process. The dealer had a quickly deployable policy that IIRC cost about $150 maybe? It covered it for the life of the loan for that price. Tractor showed up next day as planned.

Edited by Steuben Jerry

The new tractor was delivered today. Already put her to work clearing snow piles out of the driveway and from our front walkway. We still had 2-3 feet of snow piles up in there. The sun doesn’t get into that area much plus with the gabled roof, it just falls off and piles up in that spot. 

DDB85AC2-A928-4C25-BE22-0D5239B0ECCD.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2018 at 2:39 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

The new tractor was delivered today. Already put her to work clearing snow piles out of the driveway and from our front walkway. We still had 2-3 feet of snow piles up in there. The sun doesn’t get into that area much plus with the gabled roof, it just falls off and piles up in that spot. 

WNYBH, what other tractors did you consider in your search? Why did you choose Kioti? I am looking for a tractor (low 30's hp). Was leaning towards Kubota, but now considering Kioti as the latter has a higher front loader lift capacity. Thanks.