New tractor

On 3/27/2018 at 2:03 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

Question for you guys. Since we financed part of the tractor, the finance company says we have to have insurance on it before it can be delivered. Any of you guys have insurance on yours, and if so, who did you go through? I need it to cover the tractor when its on or off of my property.

I got it right thru kioti

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, goosifer said:

WNYBH, what other tractors did you consider in your search? Why did you choose Kioti? I am looking for a tractor (low 30's hp). Was leaning towards Kubota, but now considering Kioti as the latter has a higher front loader lift capacity. Thanks.

Kioti is it in small tractors, they are heavier ( traction) they have more metal on them vs plastic, and as you said lift capacity  which is really the gmp  on the hydrolic pump. Lift is important. On front and rear.. you get more bang for the buck with a kioti.

For example you can lift 1 ton with a 35 hp kioti, but need a 50hp Kubota to do the same.. that is a lot of money...to get same result

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, goosifer said:

WNYBH, what other tractors did you consider in your search? Why did you choose Kioti? I am looking for a tractor (low 30's hp). Was leaning towards Kubota, but now considering Kioti as the latter has a higher front loader lift capacity. Thanks.

I have been doing tons of research, 2 things to look at are the specs, and dealer location. Nothing against any tractor brands from what I could find is that LS tractors are rated the highest in terms of lifting and bucket capacity. They lack in HP compared to other brands depending on the model. From what I have found LS and Kioti were the closest then JD and Yan-Mar and last Kubota all in terms of published numbers. LS and TYM make the majority of tractors on the market that are under 50 hp. They are just all designed a little different. I think JD makes all their own tractors but not entirely sure.

I'll add I have been comparing 25hp tractors the Kioti CK2510 and the LS XG3025 both 25hp machines but the LS is a little bigger size wise and is a little more capable (lift more at the 3 point and loader and a little heavier)

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, goosifer said:

Other than Kioti I looked at JD, Mahindra, Kubota, Case IH, Massey Furgeson, and LS. JD makes an awesome tractor, seriously, if you dont mind spending the money and want all the bells and whistles, JD takes the cake hands down. Mahindras are great tractors from everything I read about them, but there are no dealers near me so I never got to look at them. Kubota I only took a glance at, their prices are pretty high and their tractors just dont stack up to Kioti, everything is built with lesser materials. Case makes a nice tractor, just a little more pricey. Massey doesnt have anything great in the hp range I was interested in, the dealer told me that they feel MF is really missing the boat in that segment. LS also makes a nice tractor, but Kiotis generally get better reviews and have better prices.

My Kioti may not have as many bells and whistles as some other brands, but it has everything I need to do the job. The Daedong engines are known to be extremely reliable, everything else on the tractor (frame, loader, axles) are almost overbuilt for the amount of power you are getting. It has a great warranty on it and the price just couldnt be beat. Add to that a very friendly and knowledgable local dealer and it was really a no brainer for me.

• Like 1

not to thread hijack, but let me share my tractor shopping experience thus far. looking at mid 30 hp tractor. The Kioti is $1,500 less, bu if if I want a 3rd function valve kit so I can use a claw grapple on the front loader, the Kioti is only $300 less. Also, I need to reconcile/figure out why the Kioti can lift 1,835 with the front loader vs. only 1,134 for the Kubota. 

1 hour ago, goosifer said:

not to thread hijack, but let me share my tractor shopping experience thus far. looking at mid 30 hp tractor. The Kioti is $1,500 less, bu if if I want a 3rd function valve kit so I can use a claw grapple on the front loader, the Kioti is only $300 less. Also, I need to reconcile/figure out why the Kioti can lift 1,835 with the front loader vs. only 1,134 for the Kubota. 

It's the gallon per minute on the pump. And 700lbs is a lot of dirt lifting to give up especially if your gonna use a grapple .

you can negotiate that valve thrown in if they want the sale just like a on a car sale. That is what I have a dk 35 se.  I got it for the draft control same price as the dk35.. they wanted more I refused and started to walk out suddenly they were same price.. and I got loader for free when I bought back how they kept trying to sell me it saying I needed it I said no I'll make a weightbox for front.. next thing you know it was free...

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, G-Man said:

It's the gallon per minute on the pump..and you can negotiate that valve thrown in if they want the sale just like a on a car sale. That is what I have a dk 35 se.  I got it for the draft control same price as the dk35.. they wanted more I refused and started to walk out suddenly they were same price.. and I got loader for free when I bought back how they kept trying to sell me it saying I needed it I said no I'll make a weightbox for front.. next thing you know it was free...

Thanks, G-Man. The Kioti CK310 is rated at 11.7 gpm with no breakout for power steering, and the Kubota L3301 is listed at 6.8 gpm (main) and 4.3 gpm (PS) for 11.1 total gpm. Really think that difference in gpm could account for the difference in lifting capacity? I was also going to check out the size of the cylinders on the loaders. The Kioti salesperson suggested that was the reason.

As an aside, interesting experience talking to different salespeople. Some guys are willing to work with you and answer questions, others make it clear you are wasting their time.

37 minutes ago, goosifer said:

Thanks, G-Man. The Kioti CK310 is rated at 11.7 gpm with no breakout for power steering, and the Kubota L3301 is listed at 6.8 gpm (main) and 4.3 gpm (PS) for 11.1 total gpm. Really think that difference in gpm could account for the difference in lifting capacity? I was also going to check out the size of the cylinders on the loaders. The Kioti salesperson suggested that was the reason.

As an aside, interesting experience talking to different salespeople. Some guys are willing to work with you and answer questions, others make it clear you are wasting their time.

No it's g.p.m. that's what your buying it's also the reason hydrolic drive tractors lose so much hp.. second thing you need to look at is hp. And where they rate it from ..many use motor.. best tell you on drawbar or pto.. though my dk35 list as 35 hp it's really 38 on the bar..

Edited by G-Man

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

It's the gallon per minute on the pump. And 700lbs is a lot of dirt lifting to give up especially if your gonna use a grapple .

you can negotiate that valve thrown in if they want the sale just like a on a car sale. That is what I have a dk 35 se.  I got it for the draft control same price as the dk35.. they wanted more I refused and started to walk out suddenly they were same price.. and I got loader for free when I bought back how they kept trying to sell me it saying I needed it I said no I'll make a weightbox for front.. next thing you know it was free...

The only time I miss not having draft control on MY JD 4120 is while plowing.   I still use my old 1951 Ford 8N on occasion, for that reason alone, if it is dry enough.  That draft control makes it a lot easier to plow to a uniform depth.  

When I bought that JD about 12 years ago, they still used American-made JD Powertech engines in that line.  It don't look like they have since the Tier IV regs came out.  If I had to get a non-American engine anyhow, then I would probably go with a Mahindra or a Koiti .  The Mahindra dealer is just a little further away than the JD dealer, so that would probably be my pick.   Back when I bought mine, the JD was cheaper than Kubota, same cost as NH, and had a much higher lift capacity than either.  The American engine, and close dealer made the choice a no-brainer.        

4 hours ago, goosifer said:

I imagine the Kioti can lift more because it weighs more as well.