New Shotgun! French Affinity 3.5

StevieSacs

I've always been pretty loyal to brands that have treated me right.   I bought a Franchi Over / Under a few years ago and absolutely love it.   Needing a waterfowl / turkey gun, i just picked up the Franchi Affinity 3.5.  Cant wait to use it come May 1!!

• Like 4

Congrats, Franchi is a great brand that has been around for many years, the Affinity is carrying on their tradition of lightweight reliable auto loading shotguns. They stopped producing the long time favorite 48AL long recoil operated models for the newer Benelli inertia type that is supposed to be an marked improvement. Good luck on the upcoming season with your new Franchi, will be interested on how she performs for you.

I have some experience with the older Franchi 48 ALs and they were no slouch even with their old outdated design, I have my Dad's mint 20 ga 48 AL, he had a Buck-Slug barrel on it for deer hunting. I picked up a 24 inch vent rib bird barrel that utilizes screw in chokes and use it for upland hunting. Weighs just slightly over 5 lbs, I can shoot that gun exceptionally well and it is a nice carrying light gun for an old geezer like me.

Al

004.JPG

001.JPG

• Like 7

Airdale..i have its older brother in 12. The prior owner wouldn’t sell me the 20 too. It is now my crow gun and it handles wonderfully.  I have a falconette 20 o/u that is a great little grouse gun. I rarely use any of my dozens of 12s and 20s anymore as I simply cannot resist taking out my 16s. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have owned I-12's the predecessor to the Affinity and the Intensity guns.  These were pre-Benelli/Beretta ownership.  They are reliable guns and the recoil action is hard to beat for running clean on high volume shooting like water fowling can be.  Good luck with it.  

I have owned I-12's the predecessor to the Affinity and the Intensity guns.  These were pre-Benelli/Beretta ownership.  They are reliable guns and the recoil action is hard to beat for running clean on high volume shooting like water fowling can be.  Good luck with it.  
I have a 12 Guage post Benelli Infinity, shoots awesome, shoots everything.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 9:46 PM, TACC said:

I have a 12 Guage post Benelli Infinity, shoots awesome, shoots everything.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

I waterfowl a lot and I have to say the Italians know how to make guns to knockdown birds.  I have two Vinci's that smoke ducks, an old M1 Super 90, and a Fabarms XLR5 Waterfowl.  The XLR5 is my only gas gun and It doesn't miss.