Woodworking

NYBowhunter

Whos into woodworking? Been doing the house over both inside and out and have done alot of woodworking (love tools!!!!). Here are a few things i have made in the last 2 months.  Floating shelves, window casements, crown and chair molding, kitchen table, end table, benches, awning, door, bathroom shelf...etc...pics are sideways

20180327_181954.jpg

20180327_140418.jpg

20180327_120359.jpg

20180324_101105.jpg

20180323_180519.jpg

20180323_180508.jpg

20180322_205140.jpg

20180322_205132.jpg

20180318_130936.jpg

20180316_211957.jpg

20180316_172749.jpg

20180314_160705.jpg

• Like 8

Very nice! You do some great work. That’s something to be real proud of!

I never considered myself all that handy with woodwork before but after buying a house I’ve started getting myself more and more into projects. I’m still learning and basically self taught. Getting better and better each time around lol.

Here’s my latest project. We decided to up our game in the egg business this year and have added 100 new chicks to the family. I don’t want to hijack the thread so I’ll just post one pic of what I’m up to so far. I’ll make another thread about how it all began
db885089741c017554567d3b6000242f.jpg

8 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

I never considered myself all that handy with woodwork before but after buying a house I’ve started getting myself more and more into projects. I’m still learning and basically self taught. Getting better and better each time around lol.

Here’s my latest project. We decided to up our game in the egg business this year and have added 100 new chicks to the family. I don’t want to hijack the thread so I’ll just post one pic of what I’m up to so far. I’ll make another thread about how it all began
db885089741c017554567d3b6000242f.jpg

Hijack all you want, thats the reason i started this thread to see pics and get ideas. I saw your post and really appreciate your commitment  to that project, looks great.. Mind you i work in an office and only do this for fun...lol..cant tell you how many people pass my driveway looking to hire me (may take on some side jobs),. When i tell them i only do this for fun they look at me like i have 6 heads...lol..gotta give props to the ole man, hes a retired laborer and has hands of gold and learned everything from him by doing side jobs with him ever since i was 10 yrs. Old, now at 48 i still appreciate what he continues to teach me. He also taught me to do cement and tile work, along with putting up sheetrock, light plumbing and electrical. Saves you a ton of money when you can do most things around the house.

• Like 3

Hijack all you want, thats the reason i started this thread to see pics and get ideas. I saw your post and really appreciate your commitment  to that project, looks great.. Mind you i work in an office and only do this for fun...lol..cant tell you how many people pass my driveway looking to hire me (may take on some side jobs),. When i tell them i only do this for fun they look at me like i have 6 heads...lol..gotta give props to the ole man, hes a retired laborer and has hands of gold and learned everything from him by doing side jobs with him ever since i was 10 yrs. Old, now at 48 i still appreciate what he continues to teach me. He also taught me to do cement and tile work, along with putting up sheetrock, light plumbing and electrical. Saves you a ton of money when you can do most things around the house.

Thank you! Paper pusher or not you got some skills man. If you get into doing side work let us all know on here. I bet you could pick up a few projects to keep you busy!
My old man is a mechanic so I learned more about engines than I ever did construction type stuff. I did learn from him not to mess with electrical after he shocked the hell out of both of us when we were working on our hot tub one time! Lmao. Thankfully we live in a time of YouTube and I can find how to videos on just about anything. You’d laugh at how much I use that to fix stupid things around the house. Haha.

After working on this coop the last couple weeks I’ve gained some confidence in my framing abilities and I’m thinking I’ll try redoing a sunroom on my house this summer. Big old single pane windows need to be torn out and reframed to fit some new normal size windows and a new front door. I wasn’t to keen on doing it myself before but I think if I can get my neighbor to come over and sit in a lawn chair and supervise I should be alright!

3 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Got any details on the “rustic” floating shelf? My wife is looking for something similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much too it, just need to make a hollow box to your liking. Just need to ensure cuts and wood are presise so everything lines up. Sand and stain. I use a nail gun with 2" brads to join the wood along with wood glue. You need to make a frame to mount the shelfs. To get that color i used a dark stain, let it dry and then added a white stain. I have no plans but there are variations like mine on youtube.

Not much too it, just need to make a hollow box to your liking. Just need to ensure cuts and wood are presise so everything lines up. Sand and stain. I use a nail gun with 2" brads to join the wood along with wood glue. You need to make a frame to mount the shelfs. To get that color i used a dark stain, let it dry and then added a white stain. I have no plans but there are variations like mine on youtube.

Thanks. The hanging part is what mostly has me stumped. I’ll check out YouTube as suggested. Oh and the dark stain followed up with white stain... would have never guessed it. That’s a cool trick to get that look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

db885089741c017554567d3b6000242f.jpg&key=136844740a2e39205e75c6ec212adbd4863a4f6ad05f5e56b2fb070f4d99fa78

Oooo a tiny house!

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

• Like 1