Toronto restaurant shocks vegans protesting meat

goosifer

Looked into this a little more. The chef (among others) is trying hard to serve wild game at his restaurant. Quebec is letting a few chefs try.

Not sure this one is a hit. 

image.png.efaae769bcd66aa653c889840d5c9672.png

A few weeks ago, Quebec green-lighted a pilot program that will let 10 of the province’s restaurants serve wild beasts, like muskrat and squirrel. (The squirrel dish pictured above comes courtesy of Au Pied de Cochon chef MartinPicard ,one of the 10 Quebec chefs given permission to go wild.) Hunter, who’ll be self-publishing his cookbook The Hunting Chef in the fall, is optimistic that something similar could work in Ontario. “It gave me hope,” he told Eater.

• Like 2

This world sucks, this guy runs a successful restaurant that features wild game and because some people don’t like that idea they protest him.

Ridiculous, if you don’t like it just don’t patronize his business but don’t protest it in hopes he closes his doors.

What has happened over the last decade that this is how it’s become?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next time a Vegan says you should not eat meat ask them if meat eaters are bad people or just like to kill animals.  What type of person is a meat eater?  Then ask if the  generations of family before them that never knew what a vegan was are in the same category as current meat eaters...

What about your great grand father didn't he eat meat along with your entire family?  Well yes but...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

This world sucks, this guy runs a successful restaurant that features wild game and because some people don’t like that idea they protest him.

Ridiculous, if you don’t like it just don’t patronize his business but don’t protest it in hopes he closes his doors.

What has happened over the last decade that this is how it’s become?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the video is great. we're peacefully protesting. No. You're hurting his livelihood... and what they are asking for? For him to offer vegan meat like options. If you want to eat meat like option, eat meat lol.

Another good analogy i heard was this is the equivalent of showing up at a vegan restaurant and demanding they offer meat options.

vegans scorn the idea of you killing a living animal for food yet have no problem killing a living plant for food or as an expendable resource.  creatures we consume as food are said by vegans to be sentient beings. vegans don't understand how you can knowingly kill something for food, yet they ignore the idea that when crops are harvested for their vegan food animals still die. which animals don't die have been forcefully stripped of what they know as their habitat and source of food.  a vegan is not God yet acts as though he or she is. they have no grounds for defining which living creatures are okay to die as collateral damage and which shall be saved, all while telling others they aren't allowed to make any similar determination to survive.

as a farmer, i'd believe that there isn't enough land allocated for plant based food production to even support everyone living as a vegan.

some vegans also believe that we've been lead to believe we need meat and that we've never needed meat at all. this belief further backs ignorance, this time to biological science. as a young teen i took vet science.  many herbivores have very different teeth and gastric anatomy then we do.  take your walking piece of steak. it's a ruminant animal with a stomach composed of four chambers specifically designed to handle plant based food. we don't have that. our teeth are very different too and design to tear into a ribeye with ease. ever eat something tough like jerky? where do you unconsciously position it? that's right, at your set of canines.

• Like 1

To be honest, I feel a lot better after I eat a big salad than a large plate of meat. And I also have my own personal line when it comes to killing certain animals (all elephants are safe from me) so I have no issue with someone drawing a different line. I may not even have an issue with legally screwing with someone's business. There are no ends of boycotts and protests of companies who come out against hunters or guns from this side of the fence.

Anyway, I reached out to him to thank him for an elegant non-confrontational response that perfectly captured his legal, ethical and sustainable approach to food. Nice guy. I think he's getting a lot of support.