So I’m putting in my papers

Nomad

After 28 years as a firefighter and Lt for the City of Rochester , I’m calling it quits ! What a struggle , I still love suiting up for the game , but its taken a tole on my body and my wife is older and retired , she smoked for 40 years ( quit two years ago ) its time to travel and do things while we can I guess. 

I love being the old crusty guy teaching the young snot face kids ,still  Iove  being the first guy through the door, but I just don’t move like I used to , it’s time to leave while I’m still “ whole “ , if  carpel tunnel , two bad shoulders, arthritis,bad hip ,and nerve damage means “whole “, but I still got my looks !

May 25th last Day 

CFDD012D-283C-4C05-B426-88E0F26B2306.jpeg

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jjb4900 said:

be careful down the home stretch....stay safe.

Wow ! thanks guys !  You’re right , I’ve seen  many “old “ guys try to leave a final mark, at one of their  last fires ,which I get , im hoping for a raging holy sh!t that was crazy Fire .

Ive been blessed with a great career , a wife who,didn’t mind my second family and me working nights ,weekends and holidays, and those calls from the emergency room at 3 AM. 

But my hero’s are the Military!

• Like 4