opening day trout season

Robhuntandfish

I've been trout fishing all winter! But no, I won't be going out on Sunday, I'll wait until May/June when the hoards of "suddenly trout fisherman" disperse and the water warms a bit. I hate fishing on weekends as it is, too many people, fish get spooked and lock up. Good luck to you though!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I've been trout fishing all winter! But no, I won't be going out on Sunday, I'll wait until May/June when the hoards of "suddenly trout fisherman" disperse and the water warms a bit. I hate fishing on weekends as it is, too many people, fish get spooked and lock up. Good luck to you though!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

same here

• Like 1

I may take my 5wt. fly rod with a minnow streamer, through the snow drifts, to a 34 degree water temperature, fast running, chocolate milk colored, hot spot. Make two or three casts, before tangling my line, on a back cast, in the nearest bush or tree. Before muttering under my breath, #@€*×¥+..., break off the line, and head home. To some marshmallow peeps and a handful of jelly beans.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 6

For many years a group of friends and I  always had an opening day trout contest...Entry fee was ten bucks..We would fish from dawn until noon and then meet at someone's house settle up bets ( longest trout took all) and then play poker all afternoon..

Most of the guys who use to participate are now dead or unable to fish anymore..It just ain't the same..

I'll wait until after opening day when water conditions are favorable on some of the obscure, unstocked  tributaries that I enjoy fishing.. The fish are either wild or holdovers that swim up from the main river..  I'll  drift crawlers and catch some beautiful wild trout and seldom see another fisherman..I seldom kill any stream trout anymore unless they are badly hooked, which  does occasionally happen when fishing bait...  Later in the month when the major fly hatches start coming off, I'll fly fish the main river, but the crowds will be gone by then...

• Like 4

I will be going after breakfast and after my Granddaughter collects her eggs and her basket from the Easter Bunny.Silly Rabbit is giving her her first fishing box and a Minnie Mouse pole,and life jacket.Wish I were 5 again

• Like 5