Spring Bear?

G-Man

Will N.Y. ever have a spring bear season and should it? Saw dead bear cub on 16 yesterday . They are out and about and are definitely expanding range as will as increasing in existing range. Our state always seems to react to late so is it time we push for a spring bears season before they get out if control?

I hope not yet.  Only because we have so few in this area.  We just barely got a bear season at all back last year in Madison county.  Would love to see more of them.  Don't think NY will see one anytime soon if PA and NJ don't have one yet.   

Plus like you said NY isn't gonna be quick to expand any hunting . 

I highly doubt NY will get a spring bear season. CO doesn't even have one and that population is starting to get out of hand. It was voted out years ago and from what I am hearing they don't think they will be able to get it reinstated. 

I agree.i don't think a state.wide season will happen but in original bear areas c atskills, Allegany, dacks  I could see the benifits of one a season there would stop further expansion into more populated areas  let allow the newly expanded areas to keep growing their populations