N.y.s. budget passes

G-Man

If it does pass, and full inclusion of crossbow is included, the sky will not fall and the world as we know it will not end, just as it did not in the neighboring states of PA and Ohio.  I will mostly look forward to getting out there after some antlerless deer with my crossbow, before all the early archery pressure drives them nocturnal as happened the last (4) seasons.   I will also fork over a few bucks for an upgraded crossbow, and to have a backup, as soon as I get the word that it passes.   The anti's can take comfort in the fact that Oregon remains the only state that has never and still does not allow any deer hunting with a crossbow.    

• Like 2

Far more interested in hearing what idiotic scheme FUAC cooked up to appease his rich donors on the new federal tax law.  It's a ridiculous joke that all of this continues to be negotiated in secret via "3 men in a room".

• Like 3

Have to start thinking of not being able to archery hunt except the last 2 weeks when the crossbow is legal. I have the modified archery permit to use draw-loc, but that is way to awkward. Thanks again New York State.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Perhaps crossbow users could say their crossbows identify as compounds and can just be used in archery or whichever season it chooses.

Or identify as muslim and hide it under your camo burqa. 

a39638fe54613a1f45d4b0b9130b8198.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A few bright spots in it not passing are that I will not need to spend another $300 or more on a backup crossbow, and the archery course will still not be required to hunt with one over the last two weeks of archery.   It will be hard enough to hold my daughters attention thru one 8 hour hunter safety course let alone two.   In addition, this gives us another excuse to hit the 3 days of legal crossbow, almost a month earlier, up at the in-laws place in the Northern zone.   I guess it wont hurt to leave all the antlerless deer unmolested around our farm and my folks in the southern zone until the rut starts.  When they give you lemons, make lemonade.     

Edited by wolc123

Everyone should pay attention to a stand alone bill that was a part of the agreement, but had to be broken out as a separate bill in order to separate votes for the Senate Rs. It was introduced after 11 pm on Friday.

S8121 / A10272

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2017/s8121

You're not going to like this...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Everyone should pay attention to a stand alone bill that was a part of the agreement, but had to be broken out as a separate bill in order to separate votes for the Senate Rs. It was introduced after 11 pm on Friday.

S8121 / A10272

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2017/s8121

You're not going to like this...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk
Looks like it might be really good in some situations. But I didn't see anything about crossbows

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk