New Black Widow is

moog5050

Tuned!    Feeling real good about my shooting again after a tough dry spell.  Had to go back to my earlier lower anchor.   Took me a few days to get the bareshafts hitting perfect with fletched but no more tweaking.  If I miss, it ain’t the tune.  

EB49E54E-C459-47BD-9D24-502B96DF8439.jpeg

• Like 16

1 minute ago, bugsNbows said:

Wow. Awesome shooting. Awesome bow.

Thanks.  I will admit I don’t always shoot this well but I am back to being pretty darn consistent thankfully and I do shoot widows well.   Takes lots of work to a willingness to be frustrated at times shooting fingers.  Lol

There ya go! Nice shooting buddy! Deer will fear you this fall! Love those Black Widow's. They are beautiful bows. 

Sometimes, with archery, going back to basics, or what has worked best for us in the past, is what gets us back 'in the zone'. 

Nice to see you shooting consistently well again!

Make some space on the wall. I'm pretty sure you will need it.

9 minutes ago, grampy said:

There ya go! Nice shooting buddy! Deer will fear you this fall! Love those Black Widow's. They are beautiful bows. 

Sometimes, with archery, going back to basics, or what has worked best for us in the past, is what gets us back 'in the zone'. 

Nice to see you shooting consistently well again!

Make some space on the wall. I'm pretty sure you will need it.

Thanks Dave. You know better than anyone that I was struggling and it took me 3-4 months to find that old groove with the lower anchor.  But it’s becoming more automatic again.  I was just too stubborn to give up.  Lol. High anchor just isn’t for me.  Amazing how complicated shooting a stupid bow can be. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Nice shooting!  How bout a pic of bow too?  Is this the one you were picking out the wood for? 

It’s one of them Rob.  I ended up springing for 2.  Admittedly stick bows are my vice.  The black and white Ebony (one I asked opinions on) will be here shortly.  This is cocobolo with spalted maple limbs.  Basically the same bows with different woods and a few lbs difference in DW.  

6D7AE4E1-8A97-49B6-8DC9-ACE99808E3C1.jpeg

3F86E7F7-150F-476B-87E7-3669DF8A2A1E.jpeg

561D4967-1818-450C-BF4B-BBBC93AD8FEE.jpeg

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

What do you mean by tuned when talking trad gear? 

Is it just adjusting anchor, arrows?

Basically it’s finding the right spine, tip weight and length of arrow, adjusting nock height and BH.   Ilf bows have more tuneability with changing centershot and tiller too.  

Was poking around on their website; some nice looking stuff that has a top reputation. I think a takedown limb bow would be terrific to play with on a trip.

You should tell them they have ibex and a tahr in the sheep category and they are in the family of goats, maybe get a discount. LOL

• Haha 1

I got out my Parker Phoenix bow yesterday . Put a string loop on it and shot 32 arrows . Wasn't grouping and need more practice with it . It is set at 70 pounds so it should make my 60 pound compound easier to draw when I shoot that next . 

• Like 1

so i've got mine tuned before and then fear of ruining the bow, i unstrung it.  it was fine but took longer than i thought for it to settle back in to the BH and where i had it tuned. maybe the flemish twist factory string?  it works but it toyed with my mind until i got used to the idea. do you leave yours strung and just shoot it here and there?

19 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

so i've got mine tuned before and then fear of ruining the bow, i unstrung it.  it was fine but took longer than i thought for it to settle back in to the BH and where i had it tuned. maybe the flemish twist factory string?  it works but it toyed with my mind until i got used to the idea. do you leave yours strung and just shoot it here and there?

I shoot daily and leave them strung.  But strings will stretch a bit and then settle.  Keep track of the BH.  If the string is older and stretching after being steady at a certain BH, its time for a new string DB.  I would not worry about leaving a bow strung.  They can stay strung decades without ill effects.

On 3/31/2018 at 2:51 PM, moog5050 said:

Tuned!    Feeling real good about my shooting again after a tough dry spell.  Had to go back to my earlier lower anchor.   Took me a few days to get the bareshafts hitting perfect with fletched but no more tweaking.  If I miss, it ain’t the tune.  

EB49E54E-C459-47BD-9D24-502B96DF8439.jpeg

Yeah Anybody can do that at 2 yards!!!!!!  J/K  B.W. are definity shooters.