Anyone been on a pronghorn hunt?

rob-c

Yes, but both times combined with Mike Deer. 2012 I went with Bear Track Outfitters in Wyoming and 2014 was Lee Iberlin.

Since you’re going for antelope only, there will be tons of options for you with respect to dates and hunting style (water, spot & stalk, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not go with an outfitter. 3 times I hunted a private ranch and paid a trespass fee, and once I tried my luck on public land, successful each time. It is not especially difficult, the tough part was getting close enough to make an ethical shot; their eyesight is incredible. I  would suggest finding a range where you can take 300-400 yard shots, and getting good enough to make shots at that range (for rifle hunting).

• Like 1

I have hunted them paying a trespass fee....GREAT fun, but  it would be tough to do it spot and stalk with a bow or even a handgun...We were rifle hunting... We paid somewhere  around $700 apiece for 3 days of hunting....LOTS of critters and we shot some really nice 14-15 inch bucks....We booked the hunt through Butch Mannasse Hunting Adventures...I can get the exact hunt # from John Tschantre, or you could email/call  Butch and tell him what you'd like to do and he could suggest  a hunt hat would work for you... If you want I could probably dig out some pictures and meet you at the Legion to shoot the breeze...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I have hunted them paying a trespass fee....GREAT fun, but  it would be tough to do it spot and stalk with a bow or even a handgun...We were rifle hunting... We paid somewhere  around $700 apiece for 3 days of hunting....LOTS of critters and we shot some really nice 14-15 inch bucks....We booked the hunt through Butch Mannasse Hunting Adventures...I can get the exact hunt # from John Tschantre, or you could email/call  Butch and tell him what you'd like to do and he could suggest  a hunt hat would work for you... If you want I could probably dig out some pictures and meet you at the Legion to shoot the breeze...

Now that sounds like a good idea..

• Like 1