Mother nature says winter isn't over yet

silent death

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I decided to park in our lot as far away from trees as possible.  Branches dropping like crazy.  Maybe I should go sight in one of my rifles.  lol

We think alike. High winds, I bring in garbage tote, park away from trees, charge up everything .

Im at work now, lots of wires , trees, transformers , down. Then my favorite, we go for one of those, block off the area with yellow caution tape, notify RGE, talk to caller. Then a neighbor comes home sees the yellow tape and calls the same thing in . Last one wanted to know if she could let her dog out in the back yard, I said “ sure, you can , he ,might get electrocuted though .”

• Like 1

Par for the course, my power has gone out twice today, the generator will be on standby most of the night with these high winds. If you actually think about it when it comes to so called picture perfect "Chamber Of Commerce" weather, out of the 365 days we have in a year, percentage wise there are really not many of those days here in NY.:negative:

Al

Power is out in an area, off the east Main st. Just went for a TV set, on fire due to a candle placed on it .Poweroutages , as well as it coming back on always brings fires. 

Be smart.

Lost power around 430. Generator kicking on woke me up. I laid in bed for about 30 mins trying to fall back asleep before I noticed it felt a bit colder than normal and I hadn’t heard the boiler kick on since being awake. I get up and find no power anywhere in the house even though the generator was running. Off to the basement I go to figure out what the hell is going on. I can’t find any problems even after taking apart the generac breaker box. Now I’m pissed. I go outside to look at the generator and find the main breaker switch on the side is flipped off. Who in the hell did that???!!!?? Idk when that happened but I’m glad we didn’t lose power back when it was really cold and I wasn’t home to take care of it.

• 2 weeks later...