Nice out of state guy . HI!

Niceoutofstateguy

Hello everyone . My name is Joe . I live out in New Hampshire. I just wanted to say im very thankful to be joining the page . I have been hunting in western New York , Livingston county and Wyoming county for about 6 years . Being an out of state hunter . I sometimes receive grief from the locals which i totally understand . but i wanted to take a minute and introduce myself as well as say Thank you to all the hunters in NY state . being an out of stater  im just trying to enjoy the same things that many of you enjoy and please know not all of us are bad people i would help out anyone here who would try to come to NH for hunting or fishing at any point in time. The great hunters of New York and your hard work and dedication to land/heard management and conservation do not go unnoticed and some of us are extremely thankful. Look forward to chatting with some of you ! and reading further discussions!

• Like 4

Would you rank the deer hunting in NY as better or worse than that in NH ?  Would you consider yourself more of a meat-hunter or a trophy-hunter ?   I am a pure meat-hunter, if there ever was one.  I have been to most of the lower 48 states, but have only hunted deer in one other.  The mule deer that I killed in CO was horrible tasting, so bad in fact, that it took away any desire for me to hunt deer out of state again.  NY has it all when it comes to whitetails, from the hefty and delicious corn-fed specimens from the Western NY hills and fields, to the elusive Trophies surrounded by breath-taking scenery up in the Adirondacks.      

I would Rank the Deer hunting in NY significantly better . all over. New Hampshires deer kill this year is one of the highest its ever been coming in about about 12,500 deer . I am a meat hunter/trophy hunter. I dont take more then i need. i usually will harvest a deer in NH and save the buck hunting for NY . 

Welcome Joe. We took a ride to Hampshire in the fall of 2016 and enjoyed the trip. As we made the rounds it looked like a nice place to hunt and I would go back again.  I would be interested to hear your comparison of hunting in New Hampshire and New York. I am sure they both have their advantages.

Its a beautiful state . i will say as far as access to hunt its a little odd. as long as a piece of property isnt posted you can hop right in and hunt . Disadvantage to that would be the amount of other people doing the same thing. as far as deer density goes New hampshire as a whole has about 3 deer per square mile . so getting infront of one of them can be tricky. i have always enjoyed western new york just for the excitement of seeing deer and watching the, the disadvantage to that would be finding places to hunt. i hunt a 6000 acre dairy farm in livingston county. but it also has limited access to me . 7+ hour ride so i only get to make a few scouting trips a year. 

Edited by Niceoutofstateguy

18 minutes ago, Niceoutofstateguy said:

i hunt a 6000 acre dairy farm in livingston county. but it also has limited access to me . 7+ hour ride so i only get to make a few scouting trips a year. 

I would happy to scout it for you and send you the pictures:taunt:. Any chance it is in the muck land??

I live on the southern edge of the Adirondacks and live to hunt big woods. I have hunted northern NH some for both turkeys and deer. It’s a great state to hunt from what I have seen. Nice have a 4hr drive to woods that often has snow when we don’t over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I live on the southern edge of the Adirondacks and live to hunt big woods. I have hunted northern NH some for both turkeys and deer. It’s a great state to hunt from what I have seen. Nice have a 4hr drive to woods that often has snow when we don’t over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got any big ones up there!?

13 minutes ago, Niceoutofstateguy said:

it is in leicester and perry.  hunted a few times down in nunda as well. property owner is very straight forward on us.

Nice part of the state to hunt...a little rugged in spots but still a nice area to hunt.

31 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

I fished a bunch of water around Webster with a great uncle who had a place in Hillsborough as a kid/teen, hes who got me started in fishing.......nice area you are in.

webster is the next town over from me use to live next to the blackwater dam in webster

• Like 1

Welcome, sounds like the username fits,  and that you are going to bring a lot of valuable info!

I pass through NH from time to time if I decide to go from central NY to Maine.  Nice state NH is.  Traveled through most of the notches, and have stayed in Pittsburg NH, and traveled to the Quebec border on "Moose alley".  Great area up there!