DirtTime

For Or Against Full Inclusion  

105 members have voted

1. 1. For Or Against Full Inclusion

• For
    • Against

33 minutes ago, G-Man said:

almost 90% of deer are shot the 1st 2 weekends

And the reason being for those statistics is that period is when the majority of the Deer hunting is done. Most hunters have a job they have to attend and make a living, many will save their vacation time to hunt early as much as possible and many without that option can only hunt weekends when they are off from work.

If everyone could hunt the Deer season for as many days as they would like without losing any pay the take numbers would change big time. The biggest reason the woods are empty later in the season is because of hunters having to work and family obligations.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, wolc123 said:

.....First, guns make deer to go nocturnal faster, and over a much wider area than bows & crossbows do.  That is because they are a lot louder and deer have pretty good hearing. They use that sense to keep themselves alive, probably to a greater degree than all their other senses except smell.  That means when they hear a shot the next town over, they will be less likely to come out in the daylight and feed.    I have witnessed this myself, when the neighbors start target practicing in the late afternoons, when I have been out bowhunting.  The deer have stopped feeding and hightailed it into the brush, at the first shot over half a mile away.  Shooting by itself does not always spook them, as I have also seen them right on the trap or rifle range in the summer.  One time a buck actually was sniffing my gun barrel as I was downrange checking targets....        

Actually, we already have some fairly active gun hunting activity happening already, and it goes on before and during bow season. And yet the deer do not go nocturnal as witnessed by bowhunting success rates. There is a significant turkey season that also occurs during bow season. We have small game hunters after squirrels and such and others that simply go through the woods shooting trees and simply slam-banging at anything that moves and a lot things that don't. And yet the deer continue to move in daylight hours for bow hunters. Target shooting and sighting in guns doesn't seem to have much impact on deer behavior either. I have seen feeding deer not even lift their heads when shots go off not all that far from them. The primary effect of regular gun season is the massive human stink at every area of the woods. When they start bumping into one hunter after another, gun or bow, they take the hint and slide into full instinctive survival mode. That is what puts them into a nocturnal activity mode.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Doc said:

The primary effect of regular gun season is the massive human stink at every area of the woods. When they start bumping into one hunter after another, gun or bow, they take the hint and slide into full instinctive survival mode. That is what puts them into a nocturnal activity mode.

Can you see why some may think that is selfish of you ?     Do you think it is good to be selfish ?    Were you raised in a Christian home ?    There is some good that can result from more hunters.   I think it is important to retain old hunters and to recruit new ones. 

Did you not see that most of the folks who are using crossbows in NY were actually bowhunters ?   That means that the amount of "stink" in your area may not change that much after full inclusion.   The best thing that I have experienced myself, since changing to a crossbow, is a lot less wounded deer.  Isn't that a good thing ?   Have you ever cut your hands on a broadhead in a deer, or lost some meat, from a poor shot from another hunter ?  It is much easier to hit the intended spot on a deer from a rest using a telescopic sight, especially when it was not put into a state of high-alert by catching a glimpse of a draw.      

You want less hunters in the woods and I get that, it is basic human nature.  That does not make it right.  It is always best, in the long run, to put others ahead of yourself.   Someday you will have to answer for what you have done here on Earth.      

Edited by wolc123

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

This thread is getting a bit strange......................actually it's all the threads lately on the forum. 

Guys are reading things into posts that I'm not seeing and coming back with some odd-ball replies.

Yaa......WTF is that supposed to mean????

You wanna make something out of it???

:taunt:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

This thread is getting a bit strange......................actually it's all the threads lately on the forum. 

Guys are reading things into posts that I'm not seeing and coming back with some odd-ball replies.

Some folks can't handle the truth, so that leaves them with nothing to come back with but odd-ball replies, including admitting their own selfishness.

The specific truth that they can not handle here is, that this poll shows that the large majority supports full inclusion, just like the other poll did two years ago.    I am going to keep rubbing that in as long as I am able or until full inclusion happens and there is not a thing you can do about it.

Edited by wolc123

It's not just this thread ,it seems there is constant arguments ,always the same people involved.

18 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Some folks can't handle the truth, so that leaves them with nothing to come back with but odd-ball replies, including admitting their own selfishness.

The specific truth that they can not handle here is, that this poll shows that the large majority supports full inclusion, just like the other poll did two years ago.    I am going to keep rubbing that in as long as I am able or until full inclusion happens and there is not a thing you can do about it.

Mighty Christian of you..

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

The majority of a bunch of Yahoo's on a website (myself included take it easy) 

Yep let's change laws. 

Up next, we'll take votes on abortion, gay marriage, and drug laws. Then we can report to lawmakers, and say no worries the hunting new York crew took care of it, here's our decision. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, ncountry said:

Mighty Christian of you..

The best part is, the more the anti-full inclusion folks reply, the more often the truth (poll results) comes back up to the top for all to see.   They are so blinded by their hatred and selfish elitism that they cant even see how they are shooting themselves in the foot.   

What would Jesus want to see a deer killed with ?    

Edited by wolc123

Full inclusion will come in the coming years the two week season just gets crossbows in the hands of hunters and as more hunters buy and use them the tension and newness will wear off and eventually it will become a normal part of deer season,,, of course thats my opinion and thats how I see it progressing...

Change can be difficult for some.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

Full inclusion will come in the coming years the two week season just gets crossbows in the hands of hunters and as more hunters buy and use them the tension and newness will wear off and eventually it will become a normal part of deer season,,, of course thats my opinion and thats how I see it progressing...

Change can be difficult for some.. 

I hope you are right on that.  It happened in lots of other states so NY should follow suit.  It is hard to believe they can let the minority get their way for too much longer.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wolc123 said:

What would Jesus want to see a deer killed with ?    

I think if Jesus was still on this Earth, he would be minimalistic. Long bow or a recurve, fingers, he would make his own wood arrows, feathers and use flint for his tips. He would put his time in to be efficient and ethical. Not use cams or food plots, and truly hunt for food and to be in nature. Purity is as purity does! That's not me being cynical, that's me being honest on how I feel about the question you asked.

But, now it's reality check time ( this is me being cynical, but still very honest ) Jesus is not here, so it's a ridiculous question, and has absolutely no bearing on this topic.

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Actually, we already have some fairly active gun hunting activity happening already, and it goes on before and during bow season. And yet the deer do not go nocturnal as witnessed by bowhunting success rates. There is a significant turkey season that also occurs during bow season. We have small game hunters after squirrels and such and others that simply go through the woods shooting trees and simply slam-banging at anything that moves and a lot things that don't. And yet the deer continue to move in daylight hours for bow hunters. Target shooting and sighting in guns doesn't seem to have much impact on deer behavior either. I have seen feeding deer not even lift their heads when shots go off not all that far from them. The primary effect of regular gun season is the massive human stink at every area of the woods. When they start bumping into one hunter after another, gun or bow, they take the hint and slide into full instinctive survival mode. That is what puts them into a nocturnal activity mode.

Yes There is small game gun  hunting and pest hunting  going on  almost all year round in most places now that you mentioned it .  Probably has to more with the mass amount  of hunters in the woods on opening weekend that spooks them .

14 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Can you see why some may think that is selfish of you ?     Do you think it is good to be selfish ?    Were you raised in a Christian home ?    There is some good that can result from more hunters.   I think it is important to retain old hunters and to recruit new ones. 

Did you not see that most of the folks who are using crossbows in NY were actually bowhunters ?   That means that the amount of "stink" in your area may not change that much after full inclusion.   The best thing that I have experienced myself, since changing to a crossbow, is a lot less wounded deer.  Isn't that a good thing ?   Have you ever cut your hands on a broadhead in a deer, or lost some meat, from a poor shot from another hunter ?  It is much easier to hit the intended spot on a deer from a rest using a telescopic sight, especially when it was not put into a state of high-alert by catching a glimpse of a draw.      

You want less hunters in the woods and I get that, it is basic human nature.  That does not make it right.  It is always best, in the long run, to put others ahead of yourself.   Someday you will have to answer for what you have done here on Earth.      

What the Hell are you talking about? Did you even read my reply or are you a bit challenged in the reading comprehension area? I was merely explaining that your description of the effects on gunfire during bow season was what some might crudely call B.S.  I was trying to be a bit nice about it as I explained to you the real causes of deer slipping into the full survival mode. Calm down a bit and get control of yourself.

14 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Not a chance Law.  Ford is way better that Dodge.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Someday you will have to answer for what you have done here on Earth.   

Hey Wolc, get up on the wrong side of the bed? I've re-read Doc's post a couple of times and don't see anywhere he was saying anything that he would have to atone for in front of our maker. A little strong, don't you think? He was stating the difference between gunfire and human scent on deer activity.

Holy crap, I hope you don't relegate me to the underworld just because I think Miller Lite is less filling and doesn't taste great!