For Or Against Full Inclusion

DirtTime

For Or Against Full Inclusion  

105 members have voted

1. 1. For Or Against Full Inclusion

• For
    • Against

17 minutes ago, tughillmcd said:

So you are saying Ohio DNR posted false information! 

Im saying they don't know. 

Or do you think they watched every  hunter in the field to see what they used to shoot each deer in archery season . For 40 years 

Edited by Storm914

4 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Or do you think they watched every  hunter in the field to see what they used to shoot each deer in archery season . For 40 years 

Ohio has a mandatory check and a true game department something ny is severely lacking

3 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

WOW! 

To start with these are published stats for 2014 & 2015, not for 40 years.

They also have a totally different reporting system. They had reporting stations where each deer taken is required to be checked up until the last couple years.

4 minutes ago, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

Why in the world would a hunter that has a choice in his state with what to hunt with during archery season lie about what weapon he used to take an animal...

Really...

Because they don't want people to know they are closet crossbow hunters! :party:

Edited by tughillmcd

9 minutes ago, tughillmcd said:

WOW! 

To start with these are published stats for 2014 & 2015, not for 40 years.

They also have a totally different reporting system. They had reporting stations where each deer taken is required to be checked up until the last couple years.

You said 40 years of crossbows in archery not me. 

And I'm sure the adding of  compound bows to traditional archery Did not  effect the number of guys that used a recurve either right lol 

Or what about scopes you think the introduction of scopes In hunting did not effect the number of guys using iron sites .

Lol  

What about horse and buggy you don't think cars had something to do with them almost being gone do you .

What ever is easier that is what gets used .

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

You said 40 years of crossbows in archery not me. 

And I'm sure the adding of  compound bows to traditional archery Did not  effect the number of guys that used a recurve either right lol 

I said crossbows have been legal for 40+ years.

So you are opposed to compounds too because more people use them than traditional bows. Dude, you lost that battle 40+ years ago too! Compounds and crossbows were both legalized at the same time in Ohio

I will give you that they do not differentiate compounds, recurves or long bows in the report, just vertical vs horizontal bows. 

Edited by tughillmcd

5 hours ago, Belo said:

Despite disability, which I believe needs to be fixed, the real answer comes down to will and desire. If you're well bodied, nothing should stop the gun hunter from entering the archery woods. Bowhunters aren't advocating for reduced archery tags, which is what you're implying.

But the crossbow is indisputably easier (I didn't say easy). And yes, plenty of us are on record as not wanting that guy in the woods. And it's not because he will shoot my deer. It's because he was never passionate enough to pick up the compound and take the time to become proficient with it. So one can infer that he's less likely to spend hours prepping. Cutting shooting lanes to reduce deflection, spending time and money on scent prevention and calculating which stands to hunt and how often. These are things that worry the bowhunter. More pressure isn't good and a careless bowhunter may drive the targeted deer nocturnal. 

Have you ever hunted with the croosbow? 

Was it easier, or you just assume?

7 minutes ago, tughillmcd said:

I said crossbows have been legal for 40+ years.

So you are opposed to compounds too because more people use them than traditional bows. Dude, you lost that battle 40+ years ago too! Compounds and crossbows were both legalized at the same time in Ohio

I don't really care much  just telling you why it is  good for the sport if you have a separate seasons  just to get kids into it as an incentive.

Come on how many people would do archery if there was no archery season .

You know what I mean .

Same with muzzleloading season.

It would be a lot less .

It is what it is. 

Edited by Storm914

7 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

I don't really care much  just telling you why it is  good for the sport if you have a separate seasons  just to get kids into it as an incentive.

Come on how many people would do archery if there was no archery season .

You know what I mean .

Same with muzzleloading season.

It would be a lot less .

It is what it is. 

Why is there an Archery Season in NY?

Because people that used bows back in the first half of the 1900's asked for a week prior to gun season so they could hunt with less pressure on the animals before everyone hit the woods and had them running in every directions because most hunted via drives back then. It was fought against same as crossbows are now, and compounds were in the 70's and early 80's and each one took way too long to implement, yet none of these changes has ruined the sport of hunting. 

There are plenty of people that hunt with their bows all gun season, with their muzzleloader and crossbow during the shotgun and rifle season. The beauty of it is they have choices and make them all by themselves.  Why do you want government placing regulations on us? I love the people that are opposed to full inclusion because they wouldn't have the discipline to use both and would hang up their compound.

And you have a better chance of getting kids today to try traditional archery after they are successful and they want to take it to the next level when they have been successful and want a new challenge. In today's fast paced world, the attention span is too short to start with traditional equipment if they are not successful right away. Most kids will give up if there is too much work without quick results. No different than the learning to wait for the mature deer instead of the desire to just kill the first thing they see.

2 hours ago, Rob... said:

Seen the term "Traditional Archery" mentioned a lot on these topics. To be completely honest, I don't consider my compound bow "traditional archery" gear. I know a few on here still hunt with trad bows, moog is a shining example of that.

What is traditional archery? To me, it's a long bow, a recurve.

Still waiting for an answer. 

• Like 1

The only no I hear are all personal beliefs.  Fact it and scientifically they are a stick and a string. All I ever here is how the should.manage scientifically.. yet here is science stating us in the face  and yet some don't believe..maybe the world is flat to tem as well.  

Besides their own belief there is no reason not to have it full inclusion unless there is a separate traditional archery season( no release long now or recurve finger tab only) that the view of it logically. 

5 minutes ago, G-Man said:

The only no I hear are all personal beliefs.  Fact it and scientifically they are a stick and a string. All I ever here is how the should.manage scientifically.. yet here is science stating us in the face  and yet some don't believe..maybe the world is flat to tem as well.  

Besides their own belief there is no reason not to have it full inclusion unless there is a separate traditional archery season( no release long now or recurve finger tab only) that the view of it logically. 

Good points, I think. You had a couple there G-Man? Just kidding, post was a bit erratic.

That would really not go over well. 2 weeks trad only, 2 weeks compound no trad, then two weeks xbow no trad and no compound. Vert bow hunters would crap a concrete egg and be protesting in the streets!

46 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Good points, I think. You had a couple there G-Man? Just kidding, post was a bit erratic.

That would really not go over well. 2 weeks trad only, 2 weeks compound no trad, then two weeks xbow no trad and no compound. Vert bow hunters would crap a concrete egg and be protesting in the streets!

Yep I remember traditional archers getting crapped on when compound bows were legalized (and way.more primitive) .enliven more so than today's recurve xbows

..then the fight for using a release( because it more accurate) then for fiberoptic pins .. things the crossbow does with stick and string as well.. but like the black guns they are scary apparently.. so go against full inclusion. 

My comment was just showing they didn't give traditional bow their own season when compounds were introduced it was full inclusion immediatly.. so to be fair to the traditionalists.i guess they ow them a 2 week only.traditional season if xbox is limited to 2 weeks

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, G-Man said:

but like the black guns they are scary apparently.. so go against full inclusion. 

Now that brings new light to this whole debate! I like that! That's a whole new scenario that most don't look at.

How many anti AR people are anti crossbow? 

1 hour ago, tughillmcd said:

Why is there an Archery Season in NY?

Because people that used bows back in the first half of the 1900's asked for a week prior to gun season so they could hunt with less pressure on the animals before everyone hit the woods and had them running in every directions because most hunted via drives back then. It was fought against same as crossbows are now, and compounds were in the 70's and early 80's and each one took way too long to implement, yet none of these changes has ruined the sport of hunting. 

There are plenty of people that hunt with their bows all gun season, with their muzzleloader and crossbow during the shotgun and rifle season. The beauty of it is they have choices and make them all by themselves.  Why do you want government placing regulations on us? I love the people that are opposed to full inclusion because they wouldn't have the discipline to use both and would hang up their compound.

And you have a better chance of getting kids today to try traditional archery after they are successful and they want to take it to the next level when they have been successful and want a new challenge. In today's fast paced world, the attention span is too short to start with traditional equipment if they are not successful right away. Most kids will give up if there is too much work without quick results. No different than the learning to wait for the mature deer instead of the desire to just kill the first thing they see.

And after they got those special seasons bows got more popular .

Just like adding of xbows to part of archery season made that sport grow. 

If they put it only in gun season it would not have gotten as popular. 

Why do you xbow guys need the whole archery season?

Just do both no big deal. Just like 

Most of us  put the bows   down for the gun season .

Same deal. 

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob... said:

Seen the term "Traditional Archery" mentioned a lot on these topics. To be completely honest, I don't consider my compound bow "traditional archery" gear. I know a few on here still hunt with trad bows, moog is a shining example of that.

What is traditional archery? To me, it's a long bow, a recurve.

Storm914, Last time I will ask, what is your definition of "Traditional Archery" Gear?

22 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Storm914, Last time I will ask, what is your definition of "Traditional Archery" Gear?

Really true traditional archery   is a recurve  or longbow  but a compound bow now a days would fall into   that category now as well .

Or at least in this discussion I'm just using that term to distinguish between xbow 

And other types of bows

If you like I could use vertical bow instead .  

You still have to draw  them back like a recurve .

And hold them in the same basic way more or less 

Edited by Storm914

Really true traditional archery   is a recurve  or longbow  but a compound bow now a days would fall into   that category now as well .
Or at least in this discussion I'm just using that term to distinguish between xbow 
And other types of bows
If you like I could use vertical bow instead .  

Compounds, especially today’s compounds are anything BUT traditional archery equipment.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Storm914 said:

And after they got those special seasons bows got more popular . 

Just like adding of xbows to part of archery season made that sport grow. 

If they put it only in gun season it would not have gotten as popular. 

Why do you xbow guys need the whole archery season?

Just do both no big deal. Just like 

Most of us  put the bows   down for the gun season .

Same deal. 

Lets break this down.

"And after they got those special seasons bows got more popular ."
Archery grew exponentially when the compound bow came became legal. Prior to that it was a much smaller segment of hunters that bow hunted at all.

"Just like adding of xbows to part of archery season made that sport grow." 
Crossbow had nowhere to go but up, since there was no crossbow use in NY for anyone, other than those that could not fire one using a trigger and had to use a breath tube. Not many qualified as shown in the attached table from the DEC.

"If they put it only in gun season it would not have gotten as popular."
If they had left bows mixed into gun season they would not have gotten as popular either. If they had placed compound bows in gun seasons, how popular do you think they would be today?

"Why do you xbow guys need the whole archery season?"
Why do we not deserve it? 

"Just do both no big deal"
Why is it your choice which bow anyone else chooses to use? Why should you get to use your vertical bow during the crossbow season?

"Just like Most of us  put the bows down for the gun season ."
Most?

Why do you put your bow down during gun season? 
Why don't you put your traditional bow down if compound bows are legal?
Why don't you put your traditional bow down during crossbow season?
SAME DEAL

image.png

7 hours ago, Storm914 said:

You hold your recurve with your release when the deer isn't looking and hold it while you line up you pin on the animal? 

13 hours ago, Storm914 said:

I don't care if xbows kill my deer that's a silly argument because all any bow hunter has to do is buy a xbow and even the playing field  that is what will happen the problem is that you will pretty much kill off the sport of traditional archery.

I don't see that. as hunters progress in their hunting careers and ability the draw for a more traditional and challenging implement becomes even more attractive.