For Or Against Full Inclusion

DirtTime

For Or Against Full Inclusion  

105 members have voted

1. 1. For Or Against Full Inclusion

• For
    • Against

27 minutes ago, Michael Squires said:

To all archery hunters who hunt with a compound bow... how would you feel if they had a recurve bow season from October 1st through opening day of gun season but you could not go in the woods with your compound until November 1st? Remember that some of us old timers remember when there were no compound bows, we heard the same lame arguments back then about letting people hunt with compound bows. Some traditional archers complained that it was to easy with a compound, it wouldn’t be fair, it would wipe out the deer herd, ect,ect.  What I think it boils down to is that HUNTERS should stick together and welcome everyone to the sport we can get . We are a dying breed.

Welcome Mr. Squires!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fasteddie said:

That is exactly what my oldest son did . Matt has 3 or 4 recurves and makes his own footed shafts for his arrows . His younger son who just turned 10 has been shooting a stick bow for about a year . Matt went from compound to recurve about 10 years ago . 

i'm looking at recurves too. 

Dear Jeffrey,

The Assembly Majority helped pass an on-time budget that restored funding to the essential programs and services that millions of New Yorkers rely on. It did not include language to expand crossbow hunting.  

As always, public participation remains vitally important to the Assembly. Your input is a valuable resource that helps me to better serve our state. 

Sincerely,
Speaker Carl Heastie

Edited by NFA-ADK
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

apples and oranges. When is the last time you saw a guy go from a compound to traditional archery?

don't make my decision harder. bad enough Moog keeps planting the seed for me to fully commit!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

No. There is no "archery only" season....

When and if full-inclusion of the crossbow happens in NY, will you continue to live and hunt here ?   Thanks to your valiant efforts, and those of the 23 others who have voted against it at this point of this poll, it might be a while before you need to worry about making that choice.   

If you ever lost the physical ability to draw and hold a vertical bow, would you consider taking up a crossbow if it would add some more years to your archery deer hunting, or would you rather die before giving in to "the dark side" ?

Personally, I am somewhat content with the two weeks that we get now in the SZ, and the additional 3 days (with no guns) up in the NZ, about a month earlier.  If those days ran concurrent, and did not include all of the rut in the SZ, I would be much less so.   It looks like the other 62 folks who have voted for full-inclusion want it pretty bad, so you certainly have your work cut out for you.  Keep up the fight and you may be a real hero to your kind someday, just like Stonewall Jackson is to the South.  Personally, I don't believe either of your causes is a righteous one, but you certainly believe in yours just like he believed in his.        

30 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

don't make my decision harder. bad enough Moog keeps planting the seed for me to fully commit!

yeah, he suckered me in as well. I skated a bit last year becasue it was so close to the season when I got it set up. This year there are no excuses...lol. Except that since I own a crossbow I just can't control myself and since it is in the closet IT JUST HAVE TO TAKE IT OUT

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

yeah, he suckered me in as well. I skated a bit last year becasue it was so close to the season when I got it set up. This year there are no excuses...lol. Except that since I own a crossbow I just can't control myself and since it is in the closet IT JUST HAVE TO TAKE IT OUT

i was going to pick up a xbow if this got passed in the budget. i'm a paying guest at the Capital Region branch banquet coming up. i'm sure they'll have one to try and win some how. that said i haven't touched the compounds in months. just last night i did in efforts to fit up my TightSpot quiver to my recurve. This year could be it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Yes you both are seeing the light.  Come to the place where shot range is short and excuses plenty my brothers!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i was going to pick up a xbow if this got passed in the budget. i'm a paying guest at the Capital Region branch banquet coming up. i'm sure they'll have one to try and win some how. that said i haven't touched the compounds in months. just last night i did in efforts to fit up my TightSpot quiver to my recurve. This year could be it.

We are gonna have one...come on out...lol

4 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Or you could spend the time practicing with your recurve vs. posting on here.   That should extend your range to 40yds and beyond.   lol - just kidding.

Yea I wish if I could shoot out to 25 yards with a recurve I would be happy .

I can hit a apple off your head at 40 yards  with my compound bow tho :)  but when I hunt i keep it under 30 .

With my recurve on the other hand I have  to be close enough to piss on it to take a  good clean shot . :)  

4 hours ago, Michael Squires said:

To all archery hunters who hunt with a compound bow... how would you feel if they had a recurve bow season from October 1st through opening day of gun season but you could not go in the woods with your compound until November 1st? 

I guess I would have to dust off my Browning Nomad Recurve .......

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Really true traditional archery   is a recurve  or longbow  but a compound bow now a days would fall into   that category now as well .

Or at least in this discussion I'm just using that term to distinguish between xbow 

And other types of bows

If you like I could use vertical bow instead .  

You still have to draw  them back like a recurve .

And hold them in the same basic way more or less 

In any discussion "traditional archery gear " is a long bow or a re-curve, shot with fingers, no sight, and many times, not even a rest. That's traditional. You can use any term you like.

Like I said, my compound bow is a far cry from trad gear. Any compound bow is! Let off, wheels/cams, stabilizers, etc... 

I have tried shooting re-curves more then a few times. It's just not in my wheel house. I admit that, I suck. But, anyone who wants to make a basis on not allowing the cross bow because it's not traditional, then says a compound is traditional must be a millennial, reaching for what they want, and not looking at the rest of the world.

6 minutes ago, Rob... said:

In any discussion "traditional archery gear " is a long bow or a re-curve, shot with fingers, no sight, and many times, not even a rest. That's traditional. You can use any term you like.

Like I said, my compound bow is a far cry from trad gear. Any compound bow is! Let off, wheels/cams, stabilizers, etc... 

I have tried shooting re-curves more then a few times. It's just not in my wheel house. I admit that, I suck. But, anyone who wants to make a basis on not allowing the cross bow because it's not traditional, then says a compound is traditional must be a millennial, reaching for what they want, and not looking at the rest of the world.

Yea but you suck at compound bow to probably  and that is why you want the xbow in all of archery so bad .  Lol just joking I have know way of knowing . And I don't even blame anyone for wanting to use a better weapon to Harvest deer.

See I at least i can shoot a compound bow really good so I don't care one way or the other .

I Can not  shot a traditional bow for crap tho lol  

But if you got rid of compound bows in archery season  I would make a effort to try to get good at it .

And I believe I would eventually

I welcome that 

Kinda .

Or it would be nice to have a separate  recurve season So I could have a reason to use the thing and get good at it  . Lol 

2 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Yea but you suck at compound bow to probably  and that is why you want the xbow in all of archery so bad .  Lol just joking I have know way of knowing . And I don't even blame anyone for wanting to use a better weapon to Harvest deer.

See I at least i can shoot a compound bow really good so I don't care one way or the other .

I Can not  shot a traditional bow for crap tho lol  

But if you got rid of compound bows in archery season  I would make a effort to try to get good at it .

And I believe I would eventually

I welcome that 

Kinda .

Or it would be nice to have a separate  recurve season So I could have a reason to use the thing and get good at it  . Lol 

You don't pay attention much do you? You just read what the social media feed sends you. I am for inclusion to try and get more people into hunting! If that means sharing the early bow season with crossbow hunters I am OK with that.

As for me "sucking" at shooting my bow, again, you have no clue, and just hopped on the anti train. We have threads on here for people who shoot their bows, and guess what, we have pics! You would know that if your weren't trolling or posting "click-bait". Try looking around the sight before you talk/type.

4 minutes ago, Rob... said:

You don't pay attention much do you? You just read what the social media feed sends you. I am for inclusion to try and get more people into hunting! If that means sharing the early bow season with crossbow hunters I am OK with that.

As for me "sucking" at shooting my bow, again, you have no clue, and just hopped on the anti train. We have threads on here for people who shoot their bows, and guess what, we have pics! You would know that if your weren't trolling or posting "click-bait". Try looking around the sight before you talk/type.

I said I was joking 

I don't have a strong stance on it either way I use what ever i can shoot  better thats all end of story . You put xbow in all of archery that is probably what I'm using like every one else as far  as more hunters nope just more gun hunters gettng into  it .

I doubt you're going to get all  new hunters.  From that .

It will be bow hunters and gun hunters switching over. 

Edited by Storm914

11 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

I said I was joking 

I don't have a strong stance on it either way I use what ever i can shoot  better thats all end of story . You put xbow in all of archery that is probably what I'm using like every one else as far  as more hunters nope just more gun hunters gettng into  it .

I doubt you're going to get all  new hunters.  From that .

It will be bow hunters and gun hunters switching over. 

Its one thing to have an opinion but you just go WAY overboard..

Congratulations you are definitely in the lead IMO for pot stirrer of the year ...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

Its one thing to have an opinion but you just go WAY overboard..

Congratulations you are definitely in the lead IMO for pot stirrer of the year ...

If some one new is going to get into hunting there going to go for the gun first .

Come on lets  be honest here

Unless the are not allowed to buy a gun for some reason. 

Why would you say that is going over board? 

37 minutes ago, Rob... said:

What part of he said he was Joking and had no way of knowing how you shoot didn't you understand ? 

• Like 2