For Or Against Full Inclusion

DirtTime

For Or Against Full Inclusion  

105 members have voted

1. 1. For Or Against Full Inclusion

• For
    • Against

2 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

What part of he said he was Joking and had no way of knowing how you shoot didn't you understand ? 

Really? Here in lies the issue, people post on the media feed, and "What's New". So like you say, they have no way of knowing, my issue is plain and easy to understand, if you have some common sense, don't post to the first "What's New" or "What's Trending" threads post you read.

Here's another issue on this site, even you are guilty of this one eddie, "Pics or it didn't happen.". I have understood this "account" from the get go. 

20 minutes ago, Rob... said:

71% VS  29%.

To bad this poll will never influence the DEC or the antler hunters.

I think it might.   It is very important that the truth gets out to both the DEC and the NY politicians, that the overwhelming majority of NY hunters support full inclusion.   This forum gives them a good "fair-and-balanced" look at the current status of the debate.  You know it is now pretty well balanced because one of the moderators supports full inclusion while the other does not.    I think they both may have been opposed during the only previous poll, over a year ago, and that just might be why it disappeared and no one can produce any record of it now.   So much for "conspiracy theories", at least this one is hanging on and showing well above 2:1 in favor now.   The other one got snuffed out right about the time it reached 2:1.   Keep up the good work and thanks for making this excellent poll.   

p.s:  Whats up Doc ?

Edited by wolc123

23 minutes ago, Rob... said:

71% VS  29%.

To bad this poll will never influence the DEC or the antler hunters.

Maybe it did we have a crossbow season

And if you did a poll if they should give out more tags or make the gun season longer you will get the same results .

What did  you expect people to say no to getting to use a better weapon lol 

Edited by Storm914

17 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Does that mean the full-inclusion bill that was in the budget has passed ?

Early bow season not all it's cracked up to be anyway  you got bugs and tics still around it can be very warm still  you still got leaves and brush every thing is  twice as thick you can't see nearly as far  to even take advantage of a crossbow in many places . You xbow guys are lucky you got it in at the right time of year for them really . :) I think 

You  already won 

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's a valid point, I wonder if DEC will ever adjust the season due to the weather changes. I mean we have 80 degrees during archery season in September  and 32 in April, that does affect animal movement and things. Everything seems to pushed forward and we losing some days in the woods this way... just saying.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I think it might.   It is very important that the truth gets out to both the DEC and the NY politicians, that the overwhelming majority of NY hunters support full inclusion.   This forum gives them a good "fair-and-balanced" look at the current status of the debate.  You know it is now pretty well balanced because one of the moderators supports full inclusion while the other does not.    I think they both may have been opposed during the only previous poll, over a year ago, and that just might be why it disappeared and no one can produce any record of it now.   So much for "conspiracy theories", at least this one is hanging on and showing well above 2:1 in favor now.   The other one got snuffed out right about the time it reached 2:1.   Keep up the good work and thanks for making this excellent poll.   

p.s:  Whats up Doc ?

I know NY's Legislature is pretty much FUBAR, but you can't possibly believe that a casual hunting forum poll of 88 votes is what they would use to justify going full inclusion.  No way.  That's not how this works.  That's not how any of this works. :no:

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

I know NY's Legislature is pretty much FUBAR, but you can't possibly believe that a casual hunting forum poll of 88 votes is what they would use to justify going full inclusion.  No way.  That's not how this works.  That's not how any of this works. :no:

You no how it works In Albany

They say show me the money :)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

I think the effectiveness of a forum like this gets magnified because people are getting lazier every day.  If they can look something up quick on their smart phone it beats the heck out of knocking on doors or making phone calls.  I would not be so quick to discount it's effectiveness.  Hopefully we will see how it works by October 1 2019.   I also agree that the early season is not all it's cracked up to be, however I am quite certain that I could finally fill an antlerless tag or two (hopefully including a prized button buck) with my crossbow if I could get out there on October 1 with it.   Killing the horned ones has not been a problem for me (the rut works wonders there). 

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

I think the effectiveness of a forum like this gets magnified because people are getting lazier every day.  If they can look something up quick on their smart phone it beats the heck out of knocking on doors or making phone calls.  I would not be so quick to discount it's effectiveness.  Hopefully we will see how it works by October 1 2019.   I also agree that the early season is not all it's cracked up to be, however I am quite certain that I could finally fill an antlerless tag or two (hopefully including a prized button buck) with my crossbow if I could get out there on October 1 with it.   Killing the horned ones has not been a problem for me (the rut works wonders there). 

But alot of  crossbows  have pistol grips alot look like AR s  and make no noise maybe there to scary looking  for them up in Albany :) 

Especially since that guy in Walking Dead uses one .

:)

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, Jdubs said:

Exactly.

If you made a proposal that said you could get a special permit for  $1000 

To hunt all of archery season. With a gun . And figure out a shifty way to funnel that money to   them  some how you bet your  as they  would vote for it king Andy would be all over it lol 

That is all those guys care about $$$$$

Edited by Storm914

9 hours ago, Jdubs said:

Probably true about this poll. Here is a poll from a survey from Senator DeFrancisco of Syacuse. Notice any similarities?

image.png.552f71d232fcac665796ec1c1fe06e5a.png

9 minutes ago, tughillmcd said:

Probably true about this poll. Here is a poll from a survey from Senator DeFrancisco of Syacuse. Notice any similarities?

Not really.  You pretty much left out all of the corroborating information needed to make an assessment.  I have no idea what "expansion of crossbow hunting" refers to, when this was taken, how many people responded or how many people were polled.  Do you have a link back to the source?

15 minutes ago, tughillmcd said:

No surprise there i know  lots of gun hunters  that will not touch a vertical bow even if you paid them this one guy I know who loves  gun hunting  said joking to me one time  why not just use a stick and throw it at them lol  but  love the idea of crossbows  And would try it he said . I don't think he is alone .

4 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

No surprise there i know  lots of gun hunters  that will not touch a vertical bow even if you paid them this one guy I know who loves  gun hunting  said joking to me one time  why not just use a stick and throw it at them lol  but  love the idea of crossbows  And would try it he said . I don't think he is alone .

Yes and then they try it and deflect and miss and God this thing is heavy and next you know there are great high end crossbows available used at low prices.  That is main reason I and everyone else should demand that xbox is included in archery course and be archery equipment. Getting close to game is key in all archery hunting .  

Keeping it as a muzzleloader is ridiculous. It kills by hemorrhaging, aiming points are different.  Plus making people take another course is a detriment to many. Where here sign your name that you read instructions is easy and let all them nasty lazy gun hunters pick one up

Bowhunters should want a course for x now as taking the course alone and having to buy a bow tag would keep the lazy gun hunters out.. 

It should be very easy to implement a comprehensive poll on allowing crossbows at the time of hunting licence purchase. A simple question asked and answered taking only a few seconds, when a hunting licence is purchased and a key on the licence computer that corresponds with support-oppose-unsure. Majority should determine outcome and I can live with that.

Al