For Or Against Full Inclusion

DirtTime

For Or Against Full Inclusion  

105 members have voted

1. 1. For Or Against Full Inclusion

• For
    • Against

To tell me that in the year 2018 that an accurate crossbow inclusion poll involving the vast majority of licence buying NY hunters can not be accomplished is utter baloney. It can be done and it can be done easily and every hunter should be for it so all are heard. The first step is knowing how "all" hunters feel about this matter, after that information is made available we can go on from there. 

That is the object of this thread "A Poll" and we all should demand an accurate one where all NY hunters have a voice and get the true picture!.

33 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

you know we live in NYS. here every individual, including recreational public land users, have a say regarding what you can legally hunt with anywhere in the state

I absolutely know this and it is up to their advocates to voice any concerns they may have not me, I am advocating for hunters not leave watchers.

Al

Edited by airedale

1. They don’t need 600,000 responses, just a small sample size and they can figure it out like they already have. 

2. I ain’t paying for a survey, way past that part like I already said. 

3. It’s too bad there wasn’t someone pushing legislation that would let DEC make decisions like this and others. I don’t know if many would be against that but I am sure we could do a survey to find out. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, tughillmcd said:

Last I knew, 52% is a majority. You also left out the 9% of unsure votes. 

Another interesting point is 29% believe that there should be a separate season for "Traditional Archery". So is that stating that 29% believe that crossbows should share the same season as compounds, and long bow and recurves get a separate one? 

image.png.e0b66a3009137a29ef2d7e933232dd3c.png

i never saw this poll on this site or heard about it, never saw an alert from NYBH. The fact that you know about it has me thinking it was sent to nycc members and probably similar to a fox news poll and its membership.

27 minutes ago, Belo said:

i never saw this poll on this site or heard about it, never saw an alert from NYBH. The fact that you know about it has me thinking it was sent to nycc members and probably similar to a fox news poll and its membership.

FYI,

You are entitled to your opinion on this, no matter how wrong you are. I myself did not reply as this is not my senator. I did not forward it to our membership. I am fairly positive NYB received a copy of it from me if I did as I know they have trolls on our email list and they receive every correspondence I send.

I know there are NYB officers in the Senators district and those individuals would have received it directly from him. Blame them and the other NYB leadership if they did not get it to you, not me.

You are more than welcome to keep track of what we send our membership by signing up for our emails! Email Sign up form

Edited by tughillmcd

3 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Maybe or Not enough paid for them to vote for it those guys all want favors to get something done up there 

Well since I know we haven't paid anything, according to you, someone must have given them something to keep it from getting any traction

1 hour ago, tughillmcd said:

Jason Luck wrote, "I used a crossbow for the first time last year and for me it was not easier. "

The only use of the word HARDER is in your reply! 

so it's the same? Nobody is answering my question... and hanging their hat on it.

I thought half the argument was for disabled and elderly... but it's the same level of difficulty? :search:

Edited by Belo

6 minutes ago, Belo said:

so it's the same? Nobody is answering my question... and hanging their hat on it.

Jason Luck wrote, "I used a crossbow for the first time last year and for me it was not easier. "

He already expressed his opinion to you.

Edited by tughillmcd

31 minutes ago, tughillmcd said:

FYI,

You are entitled to your opinion on this, no matter how wrong you are. I myself did not reply as this is not my senator. I did not forward it to our membership. I am fairly positive NYB received a copy of it from me if I did as I know they have trolls on our email list and they receive every correspondence I send.

I know there are NYB officers in the Senators district and those individuals would have received it directly from him. Blame them and the other NYB leadership if they did not get it to you, not me.

You are more than welcome to keep track of what we send our membership by signing up for our emails! Email Sign up form

you missed the point. polls are not always reflective of reality (or Hillary would be our president). You could even argue that this poll on this site is flawed. Perhaps more tech savvy folks are interested in crossbows. Tech savvy folks are more likely to be part of an internet forum (and active during the off season). These are all things to consider (mostly talking to wolc here) when touting surveys as fact. And some crusty old bowhunters who are very anti-crossbow (like my father) who don't even own a smartphone... but are some of the most dedicated and passionate hunters you'll ever meet. 

6 minutes ago, Belo said:

what's yours?

To me it is not an issue of ease. If easy is the benchmark, then  archery season should be for self made bows only, no synthetic or man made materials, no recurves, self made arrows and self knapped arrow heads using real feathers attached with hide blue and wrapped like the indigenous people made. Why isn't being a bowyer part of the program? 

29 minutes ago, tughillmcd said:

Well since I know we haven't paid anything, according to you, someone must have given them something to keep it from getting any traction

Or maybe they think it is better to have 2 seasons  instead of one in archery . Your guess as good as mine .

6 minutes ago, tughillmcd said:

To me it is not an issue of ease. If easy is the benchmark, then  archery season should be for self made bows only, no synthetic or man made materials, no recurves, self made arrows and self knapped arrow heads using real feathers attached with hide blue and wrapped like the indigenous people made. Why isn't being a bowyer part of the program? 

I don't have a problem with guys who do that having there own season either .

21 minutes ago, Belo said:

polls are not always reflective of reality (or Hillary would be our president).

Actually she won the popular vote so the good polls were correct. The one (the name escapes me) had her getting the popular vote and the race to close to call over all. So basically you just cited an example that proves proper surveys or polls do in fact work. 

5 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Cool I know how to work with wood and stone actually. 

No problem be fun :)

You should be all over using a crossbow, you admitted before you don’t have the ability to shoot your bow a lot because of where you choose to live. Crossbow would be perfect for you. 

4 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Actually she won the popular vote so the good polls were correct. The one (the name escapes me) had her getting the popular vote and the race to close to call over all. So basically you just cited an example that proves proper surveys or polls do in fact work. 

Trust me you would not want a direct democracy.

4 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

You should be all over using a crossbow, you admitted before you don’t have the ability to shoot your bow a lot because of where you choose to live. Crossbow would be perfect for you. 

You can't use a crossbow at all where I hunt  .

Acually looks like the woods are more  empty because of it already guys looks like are waiting and  going next county over just to use the  crossbow

I win either way , they way I see it.

:)  

And if you just had a season for self bow even more so because I will practice get good at it  while others  will just not bother and have the woods all to myself . :)

Win win win in my mind 

Don't care either way I will adapt to what ever they  do to get more time hunting .

:)

Why can’t you answer the question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. They had her winning states like Wisconsin. Which is why she never even visited the state. She herself admitted this failure.

15 minutes ago, Belo said:

Why can’t you answer the question?

What difference would it make? I am not promoting crossbow because of the ease or difficulty. I promote crossbow to grow hunters and hopefully keep hunting alive for my grandchildren to enjoy.

Is a compound bow easier than a longbow?