For Or Against Full Inclusion

DirtTime

For Or Against Full Inclusion  

105 members have voted

1. 1. For Or Against Full Inclusion

• For
    • Against

29 minutes ago, Belo said:

No. They had her winning states like Wisconsin. Which is why she never even visited the state. She herself admitted this failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nah, here read this and remember that analytics and statistics what we are discussing  not who won the electoral college vote. 

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/campaign/315145-one-last-look-2016-polls-actually-got-a-lot-right%3famp

23 minutes ago, tughillmcd said:

What difference would it make? I am not promoting crossbow because of the ease or difficulty. I promote crossbow to grow hunters and hopefully keep hunting alive for my grandchildren to enjoy.

Is a compound bow easier than a longbow?

Thats cool but I think guns attacks new hunters more then anything then they get into other weapons later on.

2 hours ago, Belo said:

so it's the same? Nobody is answering my question... and hanging their hat on it.

I thought half the argument was for disabled and elderly... but it's the same level of difficulty? :search:

I would say its hunting either way. I don't feel compound bow hunting is harder then crossbow hunting.

You should try it before you decide.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tughillmcd said:

To me it is not an issue of ease. If easy is the benchmark, then  archery season should be for self made bows only, no synthetic or man made materials, no recurves, self made arrows and self knapped arrow heads using real feathers attached with hide blue and wrapped like the indigenous people made. Why isn't being a bowyer part of the program? 

Yes and open season should be limited to self forged barrels, hand made receivers and stocks with bullets constructed by the hunter. Riiigghttt 

I have no objection to crossbows but people seem to lose common sense and therefore credibility when statements like this are made.  Same with doc wanting to introduce firearms in gun season.  The slope ain’t that slippery boys.  

And of course crossbows are easier to shoot than compounds which are easier than trad bows.  So what.  But again to argue otherwise one loses credibility.  

I  am with big Val.  Waste of time reading this stuff.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Yes and open season should be limited to self forged barrels, hand made receivers and stocks with bullets constructed by the hunter. Riiigghttt 

I have no objection to crossbows but people seem to lose common sense and therefore credibility when statements like this are made.  Same with doc wanting to introduce firearms in gun season.  The slope ain’t that slippery boys.  

And of course crossbows are easier to shoot than compounds which are easier than trad bows.  So what.  But again to argue otherwise one loses credibility.  

I  am with big Val.  Waste of time reading this stuff.  

Shooting ain't hunting. I believe I read that on this forum

15 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

And shooting a compound at 70lb. draw weight with 80+%  let off ain't difficult either.

The fun and challenging part is the game of hunting. 

Agreed.  You seem to be a bit defensive.  Not sure why.  Shooting is hopefully the final step of a successful hunt.  Obviously it’s easier with a scope and trigger lucky.   Arguing otherwise seems silly.  But again, who cares if it’s easier.  

12 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Agreed.  You seem to be a bit defensive.  Not sure why.  Shooting is hopefully the final step of a successful hunt.  Obviously it’s easier with a scope and trigger lucky.   Arguing otherwise seems silly.  But again, who cares if it’s easier.  

A peep sight and release are the same IMO. But you do it a little different than that so kudos 

12 minutes ago, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

Is a release not a trigger? 

Of course a release is a trigger (well most have one).  What is your point.  You still need to draw, hold back a compound, line up peep and sight, no resting the stock   That all makes the compound more difficult than a crossbow.   Hence my statement that in terms of difficulty of shooting accurately, crossbow is easiest, followed by compound and then trad bows.  Arguing otherwise makes one look foolish in my opinion and I will leave it at that.  

And that’s coming from someone that prefers trad bows and supports full inclusion of crossbow.   But if you have convinced yourself that crossbows are more difficult to shoot, so be it. 

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

A peep sight and release are the same IMO. But you do it a little different than that so kudos 

How long can you hold a crossbow at full draw before your muscles become fatigued ? What are your points of contact for insuring you are lined up for an accurate shot ?

9 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

How long can you hold a crossbow at full draw before your muscles become fatigued ? What are your points of contact for insuring you are lined up for an accurate shot ?

No muscles are needed to hold a crossbow at full draw, nor are any required to hold it up, if you use a rest.  An accurate shot is insured by placing the crosshairs on the correct hair when you pull the trigger (aim small miss small).   

Edited by wolc123
  • Haha 1

Moog I have been hunting with a compound bow since 1992 I don’t feel it’s difficult, challenging compared to a gun but not difficult,, it was very difficult the first ten years or so,, now more like second nature..

Ive only hunted with a crossbow a few years and I find it not to be Easy as you state,, as Im still learning and growing with it..

Different tool but same rules apply in the field,, the crossbow is front heavy, difficult to shoot off hand, and the horizontal limbs add challenges for stands,, so for you to say its easy just because you think so,,, seems a bit silly to me..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

Moog I have been hunting with a compound bow since 1992 I don’t feel it’s difficult, challenging compared to a gun but not difficult,, it was very difficult the first ten years or so,, now more like second nature..

Ive only hunted with a crossbow a few years and I find it not to be Easy as you state,, as Im still learning and growing with it..

Different tool but same rules apply in the field,, the crossbow is front heavy, difficult to shoot off hand, and the horizontal limbs add challenges for stands,, so for you to say its easy just because you think so,,, seems a bit silly to me..

So why did YOU start hunting with this awkward more difficult crossbow?   Most don’t start hunting with a crossbow because they are more difficult to shoot.  Maybe you are the exception. 

21 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

No muscles are needed to hold a crossbow at full draw, nor are any required to hold it up, if you use a rest.  An accurate shot is insured by placing the crosshairs on the correct hair when you pull the trigger (aim small miss small).   

You make it sound simple Wolc.  

3 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

So why did YOU start hunting with this awkward more difficult crossbow?   Most don’t start hunting with a crossbow because they are more difficult to shoot.  Maybe you are the exception. 

Because I like the fact that it allows me to hunt in certain spots that I can’t gun hunt during gun season was the reason I first purchased it..

21 hours ago, wolc123 said:

I think it might.   It is very important that the truth gets out to both the DEC and the NY politicians, that the overwhelming majority of NY hunters support full inclusion.   This forum gives them a good "fair-and-balanced" look at the current status of the debate.  You know it is now pretty well balanced because one of the moderators supports full inclusion while the other does not.    I think they both may have been opposed during the only previous poll, over a year ago, and that just might be why it disappeared and no one can produce any record of it now.   So much for "conspiracy theories", at least this one is hanging on and showing well above 2:1 in favor now.   The other one got snuffed out right about the time it reached 2:1.   Keep up the good work and thanks for making this excellent poll.   

p.s:  Whats up Doc ?

I made this poll for two reasons, 1: people asked for another poll, so I made one, 2: To prove just how much dissension there is among hunters. The hunting crowd are no different from the left and right wings battling for political dominance. "I want it my way!", "NO! I want it my way!". But, make no mistake, this isn't a popularity contest for me! I honestly wish more people would think of and offer a compromise instead of just font warring. 

21 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Maybe it did we have a crossbow season

And if you did a poll if they should give out more tags or make the gun season longer you will get the same results .

What did  you expect people to say no to getting to use a better weapon lol 

At times, I have no clue what you are saying (  I get the same thing from time to time ). This poll didn't create the crossbow season, and I am not going to discuss a longer/shorter gun season in a cross bow thread.

12 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

Well it has nothing to do with the DEC so Why would they need a small poll? 

We hunters decided we need lawmakers to decide our fate a long time ago. 

Who the hell decided that? I sure wouldn't agree to allow that! VIVA LA OPEN SEASON ON EVERYTHING YOU CAN EAT! ( Please Note! this part is sarcasm! "VIVA LA OPEN SEASON ON EVERYTHING YOU CAN EAT!" ).

4 hours ago, tughillmcd said:

What difference would it make? I am not promoting crossbow because of the ease or difficulty. I promote crossbow to grow hunters and hopefully keep hunting alive for my grandchildren to enjoy.

Is a compound bow easier than a longbow?

Thats cool but I think guns attracts new hunters more then anything then they get into other weapons later on.

Just wondery to you xbow guys does your season really need to overlap all of archery to be satisfied?  Why not try some compound or recurve and mix it up a little . 

Maybe you will injoy it .

I my self am thinking  about ordering  some lower weight limbs for my recurve and see if that helps  me get more accurate with the thing enough so that I'll use that instead of my compound bow. At least some of the time . 

Or at least I can target shoot a lot more with it  before my fingers and arms feel like crap . 

Edited by Storm914